Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2018, 05:29 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
My guess is that you area a male as I looked at your profile and that's my come away from reading the little there. Maybe I'm wrong.
So you think people post differently based on their gender? What about my posts leads you to believe I'm male, or in what ways do you believe posts from women are identifiable from those of men?

Old 08-11-2018, 05:35 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Oh for Gods sake...so anyone that didn't feel like filling out a bunch of useless info it's because they're secretive?????? C'mon. Most people don't even fill them out.

This is a forum not a dating site. No one here cares if I'm a woman or not. Most people never even click on the profiles here. If you want to find info on someone, just search the Internet. Almost everyone here can be found.
Many give some info and many do not..I have no clue about you. But we've had our exchanges, haven't we?

No one is talking about a dating site. I was under the impression it's a support system, but maybe I'm wrong there too. It's so often an attack system.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:46 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Perhaps some of you are taking the internet way too seriously?

Old 08-11-2018, 05:48 PM

City Data started as a site for people relocating, a way to gather facts and opinions about locations from the people who lived there.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
City Data started as a site for people relocating, a way to gather facts and opinions about locations from the people who lived there.
Well, I learned something new...I just joined a couple yrs ago and primarily for the health support areas.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:31 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,467,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
What about my posts leads you to believe I'm male, or in what ways do you believe posts from women are identifiable from those of men?
I am actually fascinated by this myself. So many people here call me "he" when I've said I'm a woman numerous times. It doesn't bother me, but I just want to know what it is about my posts that say "male". I have my ideas, but I'd rather hear it from those who think I'm a man lol.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:57 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Many give some info and many do not..I have no clue about you. But we've had our exchanges, haven't we?

No one is talking about a dating site. I was under the impression it's a support system, but maybe I'm wrong there too. It's so often an attack system.
Curious- why you need a "clue" about me...

A support system? No. And it's not an "attack" site either. Because someone's doesn't agree with you, or you're not understanding parts of postings ("+1" is a good ex.) it isn't an attack.

There are plenty of sites just focused on alt meds. Maybe that is what you're looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Perhaps some of you are taking the internet way too seriously?
This. This. This.

I don't understand it at all.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:24 PM

Just going back to the beginning of this thread from March, and my goodness, it sure has gotten over 16K views and a lot replies, so it's hit a lot of people.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Curious- why you need a "clue" about me...

A support system? No. And it's not an "attack" site either. Because someone's doesn't agree with you, or you're not understanding parts of postings ("+1" is a good ex.) it isn't an attack.

There are plenty of sites just focused on alt meds. Maybe that is what you're looking for?

This. This. This.

I don't understand it at all.
So as I read from you, it's not a support system and not an attack system, what is it for You...care to mention that. Makes no difference to me, as I know why I'm here. And it's not to attack members.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:12 PM

For me it's a place to share and discuss ideas and opinions.
If I don't agree with an opinion I'll state why, that doesn't make it an attack. If I don't understand the why behind an opinion I'll question it, that's not an attack either.
Sometimes it's just for fluff, sharing jokes, recipes, gossip about entertainers, etc. Other times it's about more serious matters, like being newly diagnosed with diabetes and wanting to hear other peoples stories.
And even though I appreciate the stories, opinions and often helpful advice, I have never considered this a support forum of any kind. The members are too disparate and the forum too wide ranging for that, there isn't enough focus on any particular topic to be a really supportive environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology