Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 10:48 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,849,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by not enough View Post
Trust me even of women don't say it ugly guys know why women call them creepy, I'm one of them so I don't care what you say.
I wouldn't call myself unattractive; I'm actually solidly average. Always was, with a possible exception of high school/puberty; because acne and what have you. (I was kind of a late bloomer; I didn't start looking adult-like until I was 16 or so.) Heck, I wouldn't be able find my first girlfriend at 18 and lose my virginity to a stranger at 20 (at a drunken party), if I weren't at least average. That said, one's formative years is a very bad time for rejections, because it can color interactions with the opposite sex for a long time to come.

Even back when I was still Blue Pilled, I already suspected that "ew, creepy!" remarks weren't meant to be taken literally. In fact, when I got older and more confident, I actually got better responses when I started acting more forward and/or insistent when, for example, asking a woman to dance. The very actions many women consider "creepy". As opposed to walking away the second I hear a "no".

Either way, the cover is blown: these days, men know exactly why they're being called "creepy".

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 03-31-2018 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 10:55 AM

188 posts, read 201,845 times
Quote:
Trust me even of women don't say it ugly guys know why women call them creepy, I'm one of them so I don't care what you say.
Guys with low self-esteem that villainize women while making themselves out to be a victim aren't "creepy," but women can pick up on those kinds of vibes and won't want anything to do with it.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:56 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,323,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
You dont have to be lovely to be lovable.
Seeing that they're too different things...

Old 03-31-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFebruary View Post
I've encountered/dealt with a few men that I'd call "creepy," and the thing they all had in common was that they made me feel threatened/unsafe. The things that made me feel threatened/unsafe were a combination of behaviors such as following me/waiting for me/wanting to know my schedule, showing sudden and intense interest, making inappropriate comments, making physical contact, asking overly personal questions, taking my innocent answers to questions and spinning them as lies/insults, making it hard to end conversations with them, blocking my "escape" routes/cornering me, not taking "no" for an answer, etc.

I dealt with two creepy guys at work this past year. They displayed the above behaviors, and things that made them extra creepy were they were much older than me and they were people I'd never normally interact with while working. (So there was more of a feeling of being "target" because they had no reason to be suddenly interested in interacting with me.)

At my next job I'm going to stop being polite to random guys I don't work with that want to talk to me out of the blue. Totally possible that I'll miss out on talking to cool guys, but avoiding creepy guys will make it worth it.
Unfortunately, yes.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Well, good for you. Keep the narrative going.

I myself am pretty much "unattractive" now (since I've gained upwards of 30 lbs and it is not going anywhere unless I do something extreme. I can't even look at food or else I will gain another 10. 20 for smelling, LOL! The way I'm ballooning, you'd think I was taking anti-depressants or some kind of medication). If I hear a woman call me creepy, I can think of plenty of reasons why.

Right now, my clothes are tattered hand-me-downs. My bike is falling to pieces. I have a tensed look on my face and an overall tensed demeanor. That makes me creepy, not the extra lbs I put on that got me looking like Shrek with dreads.

Either way, the cover is blown: these days, men know exactly why they're being called "creepy".

Like I said...

Old 03-31-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I wouldn't call myself unattractive; I'm actually solidly average. Always was, with a possible exception of high school/puberty; because acne and what have you. (I was kind of a late bloomer; I didn't start looking adult-like until I was 16 or so.) Heck, I wouldn't be able find my first girlfriend at 18 and lose my virginity to a stranger at 20 (at a drunken party), if I weren't at least average. That said, one's formative years is a very bad time for rejections, because it can color interactions with the opposite sex for a long time to come.

Even back when I was still Blue Pilled, I already suspected that "ew, creepy!" remarks weren't meant to be taken literally. In fact, when I got older and more confident, I actually got better responses when I started acting more forward and/or insistent when, for example, asking a woman to dance. The very actions many women consider "creepy". As opposed to walking away the second I hear a "no".

Hmmm...

I remember even Chris Brown being called "creepy" at some point, but who knew? Chris Brown is ugly.

You heard it here, folks. If a woman says you're creepy, that means you're ugly. Brad Pitt was ugly. George Clooney was and is ugly. Idris Elba is ugly.

Let's not mention Thor, Chris Helmsworth. You ugly mug!

-Edited Out some of the senseless rant

If you want to talk to someone, YOU TALK WITH YOUR MOUTH!!!, NOT YOUR HANDS!!! AND NOT TO ANY BODY PART BELOW HER HEAD. And guess what, the only type body part that can talk is a person's mouth. You can try to talk to her chest...nothing. You can try to talk to her..."hind parts"..., but be careful, you might catch some halitosis.

Seriously, yes. Some people do call others creepy because of their looks, it is possible. But I worry about people who say that creepy ONLY means that the guy is ugly.

I'm ugly as f--- right now with a dad bod and man boobs, and I still got women trying to talk to me. You know why??? Because I'm chill. and 1. I'm not running around with my ---- in my hand. 2. I talk by saying "hi" to people, not by walking up and touching someone. 3. My first words to a person is "hi". Not, "What's your name?!" or "Where you going?" and I don't speak in a demanding tone You'd get punched in the mouth if those are your first words to me. 4. I don't suddenly go out of my way, to get in someone's space. That's a throat punch right there. 5. I talk to women, not high school freshmen. Everything is creepy to a high school freshman, especially if you're ugly.

Now, if you are in your 20s and 30s talking to high schoolers... That's creepy, no way around it. Even if you're a woman talking to a high schooler boy.

And don't you dare try to tell me I ain't as ugly as I think. I look like Raphael from the Ninja Turtles, dipped in tar. You don't get any uglier than that. I got women being "creepy" with me and those are on days when I am not only ugly, but dressed extremely weird (but I guess I just look a little cleaner).

Oh, and I'm homeless. That is the epitome of creepiness. You don't get any "creepier" than that. Maybe they are hanging around laughing and tossing the word "creepy" to describe me behind my back, but they sure as hell don't treat me like I'm creepy.

A friend of mine, who is a real ladies man, he gets away with a lot too, had a woman call him "creepy". and she said it was because of the way he looked at her. She's ATTRACTED to him, even.

But if creepy really does mean ugly (looking) to the women you are talking to, then maybe y'all need to think about the type of women that y'all are talking to, because they might be imbalanced and unstable. Those are the only type of women I can think of using creepy as a substitute for "ugly". Just totally imbalanced. I wouldn't talk to them anyway.

But you know what is not creepy to women??? Goals. Go to YouTube and look up AMS. Now I don't agree with exactly everything he says (some of what he says will result in overpopulation, LOL!), and he often repeats himself, but he has some good points about building your own life.

I'd say more, but I'm on the verge of going into an AMS rant.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:53 PM

9,895 posts, read 9,538,790 times
Whatever makes your gut feeling tell you something is creepy, thats what to look for.

Your gut feeling is your body's way to protect you, subsconciously the brain remembers everything even if you dont remember everything and when something dangerous or creepy comes into your life, then it triggers adrenaline and you get that creepy gut feeling.

Listen to it. it may save your life.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:13 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,927,258 times
I see a lot of shaming of the word by claiming it's young (i.e. immature) girls who use the word quite a bit.

But actually, there's a good reason young women use the word more. It is because a very young girl is more likely to be "creeped on" in certain ways.

Many of us women had the experience of some staring, smiling 30+ guy when we were very VERY young...even in our teens. And yes. That's creepy.

As you get older you're better able to handle such things, and aren't as easily "creeped out" simply because you are no longer a child and hence do not feel as vulnerable.

And when you do feel vulnerable you have more experience, more resources, and sometimes, more self-confidence to be way more firm about this sort of thing, and talk back and protect yourself...so you don't feel threatened anywhere near as often as perhaps you did when you were younger.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I see a lot of shaming of the word by claiming it's young (i.e. immature) girls who use the word quite a bit.

But actually, there's a good reason young women use the word more. It is because a very young girl is more likely to be "creeped on" in certain ways.

Many of us women had the experience of some staring, smiling 30+ guy when we were very VERY young...even in our teens. And yes. That's creepy.

As you get older you're better able to handle such things, and aren't as easily "creeped out" simply because you are no longer a child and hence do not feel as vulnerable.

And when you do feel vulnerable you have more experience, more resources, and sometimes, more self-confidence to be way more firm about this sort of thing, and talk back and protect yourself...so you don't feel threatened anywhere near as often as perhaps you did when you were younger.
The closest thing I see to shaming is the intended use of the word. (e.g creepy means ugly), which I don't doubt. But people who insist that that is what it means (especially those who say that that is the only definition) concern me. I doubt that a guy is constantly called creepy for merely saying hi and then going on with your business. If this is a common occurrence, then I'd do some inventory and see what you are doing in order to trigger that. It may not be your looks. I doubt Brad Pitt or Ryan Gosling would get away with walking up to a woman and getting in her face with an awkward/cold predatory look telling her to "Kiss or Die".

Like I said, if a man (or a woman) is older 20 and trying to talk to talk to high schoolers that (s)he is not in any way connected to, then that is creepy. No way around it.

(When I say you in this post, I don't mean you in particular or at all JerZ. I'm just a little tired now)

Old 04-01-2018, 05:03 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,673,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
No.

I would use it to describe someone who has an unnatural way of interacting with people, especially women. A guy who doesn't understand social cues, body language or simple disinterest. A guy who is more familiar than our current relationship would require or who expects physical contact when we don't know each other.

FYI this isn't a Relationships question. It's more of a Psychology question.

Yes and yes. Creepy is being obsessed with the other person. Oggling them. Putting your hands on them.

Not taking "No" for an answer. Stalking them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology