Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 07:38 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times

Advertisements

Let's see...

DL
MA unrestricted LTC
Fraternal Order of Police membership card
MasterCard debit card
Amway Visa credit card
Amway IBO card
Library card
Home Depot credit card
Legal Services card
....if a cop is asking you questions and you are guilty, ask for a lawyer and shut your mouth
....if a cop is asking you questions and you are NOT guilty, ask for a lawyer and damn sure shut your mouth
Pre-paid phone card
Macy's credit card
Medical plan card
Dental plan card
Flex medical spending card
Sam's Plus card
AAA card (highest level)
A business car from a masonry contractor
A piece of paper with my wife's LL Bean employee number, so I can use her discount
A check my wife wrote me umpteen years ago, that I never cashed
Assorted receipts and other scraps of paper
No cash- in the Army, on payday, with my entire month's pay in my wallet, I was in a bar having a few drinks...a cute little chickie had been hanging all over me...when I went to pay for another drink my wallet was not in my pocket...but the stupid little chickie was still in the bar, and after a bit of 'persuasion' I got my wallet and all but $20 of my money back, not smart to steal from people who wage war for a living and my sense of chivalry goes out the window when it comes to thieves...I never carry cash in my wallet anymore, it stays in my front pocket next to my testicles...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 07:55 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
My drivers license certainly describes me. Age height weight hair color eye color. It even has a picture

Old 04-06-2018, 08:35 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Are you talking about a wallet or a purse? If that's a wallet, it's a big one.
That's just my wallet. It's an old one you're supposed to keep your checkbook in. I took that out at least! Ha.

My handbag also contains a toiletry/first aid bag, 2 pens, a notebook, my kindle, my phone, probably a few old receipts, mints, chapstick, and an external hard drive holding extremely important (to me) stuff... just in case the cloud fails and my house burns down while I'm out one day.

A bit nuts, yeah.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:15 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,744 times
I have the usual things in wallet

3 credit card, medical/dental/vision card. Some store gift card I intend of using up but haven't in 3 years.
driving license and $200 in cash and some coins & few business card

The only odd thing I have in my wallet is an ultrasound pic of the baby I miscarried. I intent on putting it some place safe but never got around so its still in my wallet. Been 7 months since miscarriage. I figure people carry pic of their kids. Kinda weird but that's me. My scars along with my normal life.

My wallet is also Vera Brandly wallet that I purposely picked out to have something funky inside my classic wallet. I need some funk

Old 04-06-2018, 10:08 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Kaboodles of store discount cards . (Thrifty ? Yup!)
Family pictures ( pride filled in having such great kin-yes!)
Bank card . Drivers license .
And just found an old medical appt. Card.

No cash or change. (Deters muggers! )

Yes this comes close to describe .

Old 04-07-2018, 08:23 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
I only carry one of those very thin wallets where you slip in things. I basically have my drivers license, one debit card, my Costco card, my ss card, and registration cards for two of my cars, and insurance cards for those same two cars.

I hate a big fat wallet, and I never carry any cash, I live off of my debit card.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:37 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post

No cash or change. (Deters muggers! ) << with X-ray vision!
Here, I fixed that for you!

Old 04-07-2018, 11:26 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Debit card, liscense, 5 bucks in cash, insurance card, unused ORCA card a SIM chip a P-51 can opener and some notes for various things.

Thanks for reminding me to clean it out.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:00 PM

27,453 posts, read 1,055,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just the basics: cash, DL, insurance card, credit card.

Not sure how a wallet can reveal anything about a person, unless, like you say, OP, it's like a George Costanza wallet, or has something unusual about it.
Examples from my own experiences:
  • Possession of a U-Haul keycard suggests the carrier needs storage space for some reason or is in the process of moving, buying or renting a new place, etc.
  • A hotel-related card may speak to a person's need of a room during frequent travels.
  • A slip of paper with username/password info suggests Internet use--and/or forgetfulness.
  • Current-use business cards say I don't feel like uploading to my phone the fax numbers of people I may need to communicate with in that way.
  • Electronics store card says I recently got a wake-up call from a banker who claimed I didn't have varied credit and required me to furnish one year's worth of statements for THREE utilities!!! (An elder's old TV gave out, so I bought her a newer one using a different and new credit card.)

Old 04-07-2018, 01:09 PM

136 posts, read 146,264 times
I don't think what's in a persons wallet describes who they are.

Currently this is what I have in my wallet --
-- Drivers License
-- Library Card
-- Health Insurance Card
-- 1 credit card (I only currently own 1)
-- 3 debit cards (I do not use my debit cards, only use credit card. But I have them in my wallet anyways just in case my credit card does not want to work for whatever reason, then I have a backup. Just to keep it activated, I use it every once in a while.)
-- Store Savings Card Things like CVS, Sephora, Payless, Walgreens, Shop Rite, etc. (Only the main stores that I go to all the time. The rest I leave home until I know that I will or may be going.)
-- I do not carry cash with me so I am trying to think if I have money in my wallet. If I do, its no more than $20. Anything more (on rare occasions) I know beforehand that I will need more, so I put it in there.

I think thats it unless I am missing something that I can't think of (but would be 1-2 more things).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology