Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 05:49 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jbub88_ View Post
I think guys should wear yoga pants with no underwear.
Why not? That's their choice.

It's sad that in 2018, we still blame women for the behavior of men. So women should wear burkas, right? Because surely you know that men will ogle women regardless of what they wear.

Oh, wait. I think I figured it out. Men feel guilty and ashamed of their behaviour, so they look to blame women.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

how long does it take for a look to qualify as a creepy stare?
Seinfeld had a schtick about this on one of his shows. According to him, it's like staring at the sun; you just glance, then look away, IIRC. Maybe you need to get one of those special viewers, that you use for watching eclipses.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:01 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
The other day I was sitting in a waiting room and a very pretty young woman walked in. She was tall, blonde, very fit and she wore a Tshirt that exposed her stomach and really tight grey yoga pants that didn't leave much to the imagination.

She was very distracting to say the least but I don't think that she dressed like that to attract attention.

She lingered for a minute and then passed through to another room and I looked at the guy that was sitting several chairs away and we both picked our jaws off the floor at the same time.

I noticed that he kept staring at her and I did my best to go back to the magazine I was reading after all I am a happily married man and I respect my wife but I will admit that I do still admire the female form (from a distance) like I think most men do.

The question is, why does a woman dress so provocatively if not to be stared at?

I understand that she might not know what she is doing to most red blooded men that see her.

She may also dress to try and attract a boyfriend or she might dress like that because it is comfortable on a hot day.

She might be comfortable but I think most men are uncomfortable especially in this day and age of sexual harassment.

When is it Ok to look at a pretty young women in revealing clothes and when is it not?

I think it is rude to stare but is it respectable to take a notice and how long does it take for a look to qualify as a creepy stare?

For me it was a bit awkward to be seated a few feet away and at eye level with her exposed belly button.

She dressed like that because she knows what her body looks like in those clothes. She likes the attention it gets her. As far as staring.... She absolutely knows guys are going to stare.
If you’re wearing revealing or outlandish clothes expect people to look. Dont like it? Don’t wear such clothes. You’re in public. You don’t have the right to sch privacy as wearing revealing clothes then expecting nobody look at me and if you are you’re rude.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:13 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
She dressed like that because she knows what her body looks like in those clothes. She likes the attention it gets her. As far as staring.... She absolutely knows guys are going to stare.
If you’re wearing revealing or outlandish clothes expect people to look. Dont like it? Don’t wear such clothes. You’re in public. You don’t have the right to sch privacy as wearing revealing clothes then expecting nobody look at me and if you are you’re rude.
So jeans and a tshirt would be just asking for it?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-28-2018, 10:51 PM

510 posts, read 370,862 times
Default Here's why

Quote:
The other day I was sitting in a waiting room and a very pretty young woman walked in. She was tall, blonde, very fit and she wore a Tshirt that exposed her stomach and really tight grey yoga pants that didn't leave much to the imagination.

She was very distracting to say the least but I don't think that she dressed like that to attract attention.

She lingered for a minute and then passed through to another room and I looked at the guy that was sitting several chairs away and we both picked our jaws off the floor at the same time.

I noticed that he kept staring at her and I did my best to go back to the magazine I was reading after all I am a happily married man and I respect my wife but I will admit that I do still admire the female form (from a distance) like I think most men do.

The question is, why does a woman dress so provocatively if not to be stared at?

I understand that she might not know what she is doing to most red blooded men that see her.

She may also dress to try and attract a boyfriend or she might dress like that because it is comfortable on a hot day.

She might be comfortable but I think most men are uncomfortable especially in this day and age of sexual harassment.

When is it Ok to look at a pretty young women in revealing clothes and when is it not?

I think it is rude to stare but is it respectable to take a notice and how long does it take for a look to qualify as a creepy stare?

For me it was a bit awkward to be seated a few feet away and at eye level with her exposed belly button.

Most people dress primarily to please themselves and if others like it, that's better. I would like to introduce you to a rock musician who lives in the conservative city of Nashville. His first wife left him for reasons he still can't determine. They made a few albums that were mostly about that. Cinderella broke up when their record company fired them after their last album sold barely over a million copies after they had 3 platinum albums and they had 3 Grammys. They're in Rock & Rock Hall of Fame-reason for hate?

The legal fight w/record co. meant Cinderella could not record together but they could perform together so they did. Tom Keifer put out his solo LP "The Way Life Goes" in 2013. He put out maybe half of those songs as singles over the years. Does anybody know if a single station played even one of his songs with an anti-suicide message, admitting that not all people are happy 100% of the time and that is normal?

If you are really worried that American women need to cover up more to prevent some men from losing control, I urge you to listen to and watch Tom Keifer as he sings to his ideal wife (number 2, Savannah Snow, singer, guitar player, & songwriter just like Tom, as she sits across the street with her guitar) as he does the explanations as he explains to his wife why he looks at other women, as a compromise. See You Tube, smile and/or cry, it'll do one or both "The Flower Song" mainstream rock, top 20 on satellite radio.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:38 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:

You got an eyeful anyway awkward or not... and boy did you enjoy it. so shoosht..

Old 05-29-2018, 01:40 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times
Are Irish people supposed to drink beer all the time?

Old 05-29-2018, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
I sympathize with you, OP. I'm a female and I believe there is a culture of slutty dressing some women may not understand they've fallen into. I don't know what the answer is. Go back to Victorian dresses with skirts to the ankles and sleeves to the wrists?
but then even an ankle got the temperatures racing hahahaha. MEN? the little darlings..it doesnt matter what a woman wears, a mans brain will look under the clothes and imagine .

Old 05-29-2018, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Why not? That's their choice.

It's sad that in 2018, we still blame women for the behavior of men. So women should wear burkas, right? Because surely you know that men will ogle women regardless of what they wear.

Oh, wait. I think I figured it out. Men feel guilty and ashamed of their behaviour, so they look to blame women.
hahaha dont we get the blame of everything since time began with being greedy with an apple...

Old 05-29-2018, 01:54 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times
This thread is a cancer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology