Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2018, 10:40 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,769,209 times

Advertisements

I just had that feeling yesterday that I was there with those same thoughts in that same situation a long time ago. Maybe there is a name for that experience. Someone once explained by saying that synaps in the brain jumps ahead or something like that but I never really believed that was the reason. I think that there is a lot that we don't know about existence generally. It makes is a strange world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 11:56 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,780,409 times
Deja vu? I get it once in awhile, too.
When we were driving through a certain area of Pennsylvania, I was SO sure I'd been there before. I kept saying, "I've seen this before. I recognize this place, but how is that possible?" I told my husband that we'd be approaching a small bridge... and then we came around a corner and there was a small bridge.
I agree that there are a lot of things we don't know. Makes life interesting, at least, right?

Old 06-01-2018, 09:29 PM

1,348 posts, read 790,978 times
Omg, I used to get deja vu so often! In my 20's and 30's, I'd feel it intensely at least 3 or 4 times a year.
It became a bit unnerving because the scenes and senses of those situations were so detailed and sooooo familiar.

Here's one I recall about a person: I was walking down the street and this guy was approaching, from 15 yards away he was very familiar but I couldn't place him. My mind was racing b/c I didn't want to be embarrassed if he spoke to me and I couldn't recall his name. He was also staring at me that whole time, like he knew me. But we passed each other, still glancing.

About 20 feet after passing I turned around, still trying to figure how I knew him. Well, he had turned around at the same time. One of us said, "do we know each other?" So, we moved closer and started talking, trying to figure it out. He was sure he knew me too but we spent a solid 10 minutes running thru everything we could think of: employers, what gym do you go to?, where did you grow up?, we each named some friends, activities we were engaged in, ETC ETC --- NOTHING.

We could find no connection but we were SURE we knew each other. We parted ways never having solved the mystery and I never saw him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology