Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 09:09 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times

Advertisements

Before you judge me for saying this here is a few of the things I’ve been though not all just some, no need for an entire history of my life.

Both of my parents were abusive verbally and physically my mom more so then my dad my dad was more abusive then physically towards his GFs then anyone else. I lived with mt mom until I was 15 then left home
While I lived with her she was either working of off with some guy she knew though work, I spent most of my time at one of my friends house. I wasn’t perfect myself I wanted nothing to do with her because she didn’t seem to want anything to do with me. So I ingored her when she was passing though.

She worked graveyard shift so I didn’t see much of her. She often told me that I
She wished I was never born, and when I called her on it she wouldn’t admit to it. As a got older she tried to get me to move in with her which always ended with me leaving as always.

My dad while we got along better was abusive in other ways too much detail to go into on him. My dad was a con man and I’ll leave it at that.

I spent many years living on the streets doing things to survive that I’m not proud of but I am still alive and kicking never looking back. Both my parents are gone I’m 50 as of last December.

I’ve never took any kinds of meds because of anything I have been though never felt the need to sit down and talk to someone because of my lack of parents love for me. Whatever issues had they had in the end was thier own I wasn’t going to let it effect my life and ruin it.

I walked away before I got dragged down in thier crappy lives, so what if they didn’t love me? That was thier choice. We all have our own demons in life that wa have to deal with I chose to walk away from mine before they harmed me further.

For those of you who choose meds and or talking to some one about it, I am strong then you are.
Whatever happened to you isn’t your fault pick yourself up dust yourself off and say ‘ I am stronger then you are’

Old 06-02-2018, 09:13 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
As long as you walk the earth your story is incomplete and no one, including yourself, knows how it will end.

Or, like the man said: "Don't get cocky kid!"

Old 06-02-2018, 12:54 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,332 times
Nietzsche said "what does not kill me makes me stronger."

Shortly thereafter his family put him into an insane asylum.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:29 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As long as you walk the earth your story is incomplete and no one, including yourself, knows how it will end.

Or, like the man said: "Don't get cocky kid!"

I stopped being a kid when I left home.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:32 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,381,989 times
The fact that you survived makes you strong...not that you did it without therapy or meds. I have nothing against people who make use of them to live better.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:46 PM

23,311 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Before you judge me for saying this here is a few of the things I’ve been though not all just some, no need for an entire history of my life.

Both of my parents were abusive verbally and physically my mom more so then my dad my dad was more abusive then physically towards his GFs then anyone else. I lived with mt mom until I was 15 then left home
While I lived with her she was either working of off with some guy she knew though work, I spent most of my time at one of my friends house. I wasn’t perfect myself I wanted nothing to do with her because she didn’t seem to want anything to do with me. So I ingored her when she was passing though.

She worked graveyard shift so I didn’t see much of her. She often told me that I
She wished I was never born, and when I called her on it she wouldn’t admit to it. As a got older she tried to get me to move in with her which always ended with me leaving as always.

My dad while we got along better was abusive in other ways too much detail to go into on him. My dad was a con man and I’ll leave it at that.

I spent many years living on the streets doing things to survive that I’m not proud of but I am still alive and kicking never looking back. Both my parents are gone I’m 50 as of last December.

I’ve never took any kinds of meds because of anything I have been though never felt the need to sit down and talk to someone because of my lack of parents love for me. Whatever issues had they had in the end was thier own I wasn’t going to let it effect my life and ruin it.

I walked away before I got dragged down in thier crappy lives, so what if they didn’t love me? That was thier choice. We all have our own demons in life that wa have to deal with I chose to walk away from mine before they harmed me further.

For those of you who choose meds and or talking to some one about it, I am strong then you are.
Whatever happened to you isn’t your fault pick yourself up dust yourself off and say ‘ I am stronger then you are’
Until you have heard every other person's story you can't, in all honesty, claim to be stronger than they are. You are strong, great, no doubt about it. You hauled yourself up by your own bootstraps, fine. Lots of people do it. Your story isn't unique, but just as I was thinking about handing you kudos, I read the rest.

As soon as you trotted out your little brag about doing it without "help" well, that changed the entire tone and probably the purpose for your OP. To condemn or belittle complete strangers over their personal decisions just labels you as sanctimonious and arrogant. To state first off not to judge you? You certainly gave yourself permission to judge everyone else. Quite a double standard. Enjoy that lonely mountaintop you've regulated yourself to.

Last edited by Parnassia; 06-02-2018 at 03:12 PM..

Old 06-02-2018, 01:51 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,057,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Until you have heard every other person's story you can't, in all honesty, claim to be stronger than they are. You are strong, great, no doubt about it. You hauled yourself up by your own bootstraps, fine. Lots of people do it. Your story isn't unique.

However, as soon as you trotted out your little brag about doing it without "help" well, that changed the entire tone and probably the purpose for your OP. To condemn or belittle complete strangers over their personal decisions just labels you as sanctimonious and arrogant. To state first off not to judge you? You certainly gave yourself permission to judge everyone else. Quite a double standard. Enjoy that lonely mountaintop you've regulated yourself to.
Exactly. It's hard to give positive feedback, which the OP clearly deserves, without SMH about the braggadocio.

Can't I be strong and acknowledge others are too from the paths they take and therefore good for all of us?

Old 06-02-2018, 02:04 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,754 times
Um...OP...I'm not competitive by nature and eschew pissing contests but on the subject of child abuse...

I was raised by a sadistic Mother and I mean, sadistic as in creating fear and pain in others thrilled her and was done purposefully, daily, methodically and for her own sick kicks (not sexual which makes it even rarer also she abused NO substances so cannot blame addiction as so many do) with other adults in the family all well aware and did nothing to help, rather they catered to and salaamed to my abuser and I too have not only never had therapy nor medication I am a lifelong teetotaler.

Trust me what you described I can only WISH was my childhood reality. You are a piker.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:05 PM

5,490 posts, read 3,931,751 times
You are a worse speller than I am.

...kudos on pulling through.

Old 06-02-2018, 03:04 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Until you have heard every other person's story you can't, in all honesty, claim to be stronger than they are. You are strong, great, no doubt about it. You hauled yourself up by your own bootstraps, fine. Lots of people do it. Your story isn't unique, but just as I was thinking about giving kudos, I read more.

As soon as you trotted out your little brag about doing it without "help" well, that changed the entire tone and probably the purpose for your OP. To condemn or belittle complete strangers over their personal decisions just labels you as sanctimonious and arrogant. To state first off not to judge you? You certainly gave yourself permission to judge everyone else. Quite a double standard. Enjoy that lonely mountaintop you've regulated yourself to.
THIS

What an arrogant post, OP. Oh and obnoxious too.

And, your ignorance about abusive upbringing and treatment for same is showing as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology