Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 12:26 AM
RJ_

743 posts, read 392,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ner View Post
People generally bully because they are insecure about something in themselves.

You are right. No one needs to love a bully, but if one loves 'em, one might just lose the bully and make a friend.
Right. Love makes us feel valuable and this is what bullies seem to lack. When you don't value yourself, how can you value others?

Old 06-22-2018, 03:55 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypro View Post
Your commentary was really sanctimonious. And yes allowing bullying to foment is a form of corruption whether you like it or not. I'm not sure why you even responded. I never thought I had a problem either. Therapy and tests are a waste of time especially for those who did nothing wrong.
I like her post and thought it was helpful, but I can see why you are not responding positively to it. You are turning this thread into a competition but call it disagreement.

Quote:
Everyone is insecure about something. They don't usually bully and harass innocent people though. I don't buy the cliché that bullies are insecure.
What reactions do you think insecure people display?

Old 06-22-2018, 05:08 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
That's sanctimonious to order me to go to therapy when there is nothing wrong with me.
Got it. It's sanctimonious to speak from experience after going through something similar.

Your very response suggests that you absolutely do need to see a therapist. You're not happy and still having trouble processing things and interacting with others. Why WOULDN'T you see a therapist if only to get an answer to the question you posted on here?

Old 06-22-2018, 07:31 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Got it. It's sanctimonious to speak from experience after going through something similar.

Your very response suggests that you absolutely do need to see a therapist. You're not happy and still having trouble processing things and interacting with others. Why WOULDN'T you see a therapist if only to get an answer to the question you posted on here?
A good note on which to end this thread. PJS

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology