Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 08:21 AM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think it just means some people think he's a freak, and they don't want people to think this is acceptable, normal behavior.
The issue I take with this kind of thinking, is on what planet are people likely to think that this is "normal?"

Even those of us (hi!) who are like "who cares as long as he's not harming anybody and any partner he finds consents to do this lifestyle with him--his life not mine" STILL I am not saying, and never would say, that this is anywhere near "normal." Merely saying someone can do what they want is not anything close to calling it normal or suggesting it will ever be normal.

I'm just saying I think it's perfectly ok to be something that isn't normal if you can find a way to make it work for you and any other consenting adults involved.

I mean if some guy like inherited money or whatever and he didn't have to work anymore so he dedicated the rest of his life to building tiny spaceships out of toothpicks or something and he found a partner who was ok living with him the way he wanted to live even though he demands that she do the hokey pokey with him at precisely 3PM each Tuesday...WHO CARES? Eccentric but harmless, that's what it is.

But here we are in good ol' Western society where we need to say...wait, wait, wait...a diaper...that might involve...his private parts...so it could be...*dramatic music*...A WEIRD SEXUAL PERVERSION! Oh NOES! Shock and horror everybody! Sick! Weird! Wrong! Tune in tomorrow to find out what his parents think!

Seriously why though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 09:18 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
I don't think a sexual fetish should be re-classified as a disorder that means the person can collect disability payments. Lots of people have all kinds of fetishes and/or sexual addictions but I don't think the taxpayer should be helping to fund that. And I'm not even politically conservative.

Adult baby Stanley Thornton collects disability payments.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I don't think a sexual fetish should be re-classified as a disorder that means the person can collect disability payments. Lots of people have all kinds of fetishes and/or sexual addictions but I don't think the taxpayer should be helping to fund that. And I'm not even politically conservative.

Adult baby Stanley Thornton collects disability payments.
Does he? Is this the one we were originally talking about? Someone said they looked into it further and the guy was not in fact collecting disability.

But even if there IS some ABDL guy out there who is on disability, the question remains as to whether he qualifies under something else, because I guarantee that this practice, fetish, lifestyle or whatever you want to call it, is NOT a qualifying condition to collect disability. So then you get into whether whatever he claims that allows him to qualify, is legit or is not.

From what I hear, it's not easy to qualify for disability. You have to re-qualify for it periodically and it can be challenging to do. ?? I've never been in that situation but I have heard people talk about going through the bureaucracy of it, it sounds like a pain in the rear. (insert bad diaper rash joke here.)

And then to go one step further, out of all the people who are gaming the system to collect government money who have no legitimate reason to do so, what percentage of those are doing it to life an "adult baby" lifestyle? I would guess you could probably count the number of people doing that on one, maybe two hands? I can't imagine that it's common. So is it really, in the grand scheme of things, all that much of an issue to be raised, worried about, or fixed? I'm gonna say probably not. And I'm much more concerned about fat cats running corporate schemes and mega-churches and how entertainers make more than teachers and 100 other insane ways that people get money they don't REALLY deserve...compared to one weird rando in diapers. Of all things.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:33 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The issue I take with this kind of thinking, is on what planet are people likely to think that this is "normal?"

Even those of us (hi!) who are like "who cares as long as he's not harming anybody and any partner he finds consents to do this lifestyle with him--his life not mine" STILL I am not saying, and never would say, that this is anywhere near "normal." Merely saying someone can do what they want is not anything close to calling it normal or suggesting it will ever be normal.

I'm just saying I think it's perfectly ok to be something that isn't normal if you can find a way to make it work for you and any other consenting adults involved.

I mean if some guy like inherited money or whatever and he didn't have to work anymore so he dedicated the rest of his life to building tiny spaceships out of toothpicks or something and he found a partner who was ok living with him the way he wanted to live even though he demands that she do the hokey pokey with him at precisely 3PM each Tuesday...WHO CARES? Eccentric but harmless, that's what it is.

But here we are in good ol' Western society where we need to say...wait, wait, wait...a diaper...that might involve...his private parts...so it could be...*dramatic music*...A WEIRD SEXUAL PERVERSION! Oh NOES! Shock and horror everybody! Sick! Weird! Wrong! Tune in tomorrow to find out what his parents think!

Seriously why though.
It’s the same folks who were afraid legal same sex marriage would lead to people marrying dogs and cats.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It’s the same folks who were afraid legal same sex marriage would lead to people marrying dogs and cats.
uggghhh...

I had a coworker once who was mad that she could not claim her cats as dependents on her taxes. I had 2 small children at the time and I kind of wanted to throw something at her. In all fairness (and I do really love my cat, but come on) people can be super weird about pets.

But if you wanna throw birthday parties for your iguana, I guess that's none of my business.

Just not while wearing a diaper.

That's crossing the line.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
uggghhh...

I had a coworker once who was mad that she could not claim her cats as dependents on her taxes. I had 2 small children at the time and I kind of wanted to throw something at her. In all fairness (and I do really love my cat, but come on) people can be super weird about pets.

But if you wanna throw birthday parties for your iguana, I guess that's none of my business.

Just not while wearing a diaper.

That's crossing the line.
That depends, it is the iguana or the owner wearing the diaper?

Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
And then to go one step further, out of all the people who are gaming the system to collect government money who have no legitimate reason to do so, what percentage of those are doing it to life an "adult baby" lifestyle? I would guess you could probably count the number of people doing that on one, maybe two hands? I can't imagine that it's common.

You're right - its not common but it could very well become more common. More and more people could label their sexual fetishes as disabilities. Then collect benefits.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
You're right - its not common but it could very well become more common. More and more people could label their sexual fetishes as disabilities. Then collect benefits.
You continually ignore facts. No one can get disability for a sexual fetish. People don't get to "label" anything as a disability and collect for it. People who have sexual fetishes who are also getting disability are getting disability for something else, not for the fetish.

If I hurt my back at work and collect disability, and I also happen to have a foot fetish, it would be utter nonsense to claim I was getting disability due to my foot fetish.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
It hasn't worked for diaper guy though. We do NOT have a case of a dude who has succeeded in convincing the government that his baby lifestyle is a legit disability. IF diaper guy is collecting (and that was called into question upthread) then it is for a completely different reason.

Just had a thought. What if some dude were partially paralyzed and on disability for that, and he had to wear diapers because of his medical condition, and had a loving wife who tended to him...but he happened to enjoy it... Goodness what a moral quandary for judgy people to chew on THAT would be.

"We would all understand if you are paralyzed and need this kind of care and it's beautiful that your spouse will take care of you so you don't need to be in a home...but please make sure you are miserable so we don't have to freak out about you actually enjoying your life...THAT WOULD BE WEIRD!"

I mean, I'll hazard a guess you don't know a lot of fetishists, or at least...that you know of. What you suggest is so improbable as to be utterly ridiculous. It doesn't even make any sense.

For practically all of the fetish people I know, practicing our kink, especially those of us in communities, does not feel like indulging in sickness, it feels more like a form of therapy. Like yoga or something. We do the things we do because they make us feel great, a sense of utter wellbeing.

I don't pretend to understand the mindset of anyone who goes on some talk show trying to say he's got a "disorder" (except to wonder if he got paid)... But fetish people often do not feel in any way disordered.

And if you wonder how many I could possibly know, and therefore how I could speak to this with any confidence at all...hundreds. I'm very close to dozens. And in just 3 days I'll be at a convention with about 1,000 of them. Sitting in classes with internationally famous speakers on the subject.

When I say that this is bigger than just sex for a lot of people...it really is. And what you're saying here just seems to me like reaching for bits of flawed logic to prop up the overall argument that what dude is doing, is "not ok."

How about just accepting that you find it squicky (I do too.) I mean it's really none of anyone's business but this fellow felt a need to put it out there in the public eye by going on TV. I kinda judge the whole "go be freaky on a talk show" behavior even more than I do the lifestyle. He isn't educating anybody, really, he'd be kind of stupid to think so. He's just entertaining. Being a sideshow act.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:48 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,614 times
No matter what thing appears nutty to others - there are a bazillion other people into it as well. If that is the case, there really isn't any "weird" left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology