Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 06:32 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times

Advertisements

I'm grateful for my loving sister. She's the best!

I'm grateful for my loving parents and my happy childhood. My mom died young, and I am grateful that I had her in my life for 17 years. Dad died when I was in my 40s. It makes me happy to think of them every day.

I'm grateful that God saw fit for me to find a wonderful boyfriend when in my mid-50s and for all the fun we've had traveling the world together in the past 7 years. It's been a dream come true.

I'm grateful for my marvelous circle of friends, some of whom I've known my entire life. I'm especially grateful for the girls in my pinochle club. I've been playing cards on a regular basis with the same group of ladies since 1976.

I'm grateful for my excellent health. I'm so blessed in that regard.

I'm grateful for my faith, even though I have my weak moments. After the occasional period of questioning and struggling, I always come back stronger for it.

I'm grateful for my modest home and my good job which helps me maintain it.

I'm grateful for my kitties.

I'm very grateful for the fact that I have Meniere's Disease, an incurable inner ear disease which rendered me deaf in one ear - literally overnight - when I was only 34 years old. Along with the deafness I've had continuous ringing in the ear since December 4, 1986, as well as dizziness. Why am I grateful for this? Because every single day it reminds me to thank God that I have one good ear that works perfectly!

I'm grateful for music and for my voice. I love that I can still belt out a Puccini or Verdi aria, maybe not with the best of them, but I'm still pretty darned good.

That's just a start.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-06-2018 at 06:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 05:13 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
I am grateful that my late husband set up his military pension so that I would continue to receive a percentage of it after he died. I would never have been able to make it without that extra money.

I'm grateful I survived breast cancer. I'm grateful my thyroid cancer was non-invasive. I'm grateful I was able to buy a house last year all on my own and for my family, even the annoying ones. I'm grateful that I've never gone hungry because I had no money. Every time I go to the grocery store I am grateful we live in a country that always has stocked shelves.

I am grateful for microwaves, cell phones and disposable diapers. I am grateful I found the perfect rescue dog in December. I am grateful to all the helpful people here on C-D.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:33 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
I'm grateful for surviving ovarian cancer six years ago. I'm grateful my dad survived WWII, and that I have his bone and muscle structure and positive attitude towards life.
Quote:
23andMe:
Muscle Composition
. . .your genetic muscle composition is common in elite power athletes.
Studies have found that almost all elite power athletes (including sprinters, throwers, and jumpers) have a specific genetic variant in a gene related to muscle composition. You have the same genetic variant as these elite athletes.
This in part explains the endurance and work ethic I've had all my life, particularly when I was young. It makes me tired, remembering all the places I traveled, how much I practiced, how hard I worked. I'm very grateful for my life.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:57 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I'm grateful for surviving ovarian cancer six years ago. I'm grateful my dad survived WWII, and that I have his bone and muscle structure and positive attitude towards life.

This in part explains the endurance and work ethic I've had all my life, particularly when I was young. It makes me tired, remembering all the places I traveled, how much I practiced, how hard I worked. I'm very grateful for my life.
Nice to read the Gratitudes shared by "some" here.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:48 PM

Just hearing an interview of the author of The Five Hurdles to Happiness and one that stands out on achieving Abundance in one's life is thru Gratitude. We have so much to be grateful for and that's abundance.

I hope it's OK to post on my own thread.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I am grateful for mu husband, whom I love very much. He is my companion and best friend and so much more.

I am grateful for my children who are loving and functioning adults.

I am grateful for my grandchildren, who add delight to my life.

I am grateful for my sisters with whom I talk in a family language, I can use with no one else.

I am grateful to be an American.

My list could go on and on. I’ll stop now. I am a lucky person, who has been undeservedly blessed.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I am grateful for mu husband, whom I love very much. He is my companion and best friend and so much more.

I am grateful for my children who are loving and functioning adults.

I am grateful for my grandchildren, who add delight to my life.

I am grateful for my sisters with whom I talk in a family language, I can use with no one else.

I am grateful to be an American.

My list could go on and on. I’ll stop now. I am a lucky person, who has been undeservedly blessed.
Why do you say undeservedly blessed. We all deserve to be blessed.

I lost my sister in late 2016 and boy do I miss those sister to sister conversations.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:14 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Why do you say undeservedly blessed. We all deserve to be blessed.

I lost my sister in late 2016 and boy do I miss those sister to sister conversations.
I don’t feel that I am particularly deserving of my good fortune. So many people do not have good fortune, and I’ve come to believe that much of what happens to us in life is governed by chance. Of course making good decisions also helps one’s chances, but who am I to say what might be good decisions in someone else’s life?

Old 08-12-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I don’t feel that I am particularly deserving of my good fortune. So many people do not have good fortune, and I’ve come to believe that much of what happens to us in life is governed by chance. Of course making good decisions also helps one’s chances, but who am I to say what might be good decisions in someone else’s life?
umm, I feel differently, I worked hard, lived a lot of my life alone, meaning no spouse, and believe I deserve everything I have. Would love to somehow have a windfall of extra money, I'd go wild with PRP injections for my arthritic body. But, can't see that coming. I'll have to somehow find a way to get some on my own funds of what is left or do without the PRP. Time will tell on that one. I've always lived pretty simply. But with comfort.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:34 PM

Maybe time to bring this Gratitude List up for those who missed it. On another group members do plenty of complaining about LACK in their life and yet have so much so I posted a Gratitude List there, maybe some will wake up and see the light.

Just talking to my daughter and she and I both agree on how much we have and how grateful we are. And so often in life one has to go thru the mud to get to clearer water. We both have and talk about it.

I'm grateful that she brought HGH homeopathic gel to me going on 5 months now and I've been able to cut my ibuprofen in HALF, this is big. HGH helps the body to go back to where it started, almost anyway.

Life is Good, keep an open mind and count all the goodness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology