Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 09:58 AM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times

Advertisements

Yes - whether or not they have nice personal hygiene habits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 04:47 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I agree - even seeing nasty looking feet or toenails makes me want to barf.

Last edited by chiluvr1228; 08-29-2018 at 05:08 PM..

Old 09-04-2018, 12:05 PM

388 posts, read 474,004 times
In summer, when people wear sandals, you see their feet.

Where I live, people are big on outdoor sports, including winter ones. You can tell the serious ice skaters from their hammer toes.

I used to volunteer at a senior center.

You could tell who had been poor for long periods: their feet were misshapen from wearing cheap shoes for years.

The retired nun I met was a victim of decades of bad shoes.

Very sad.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:34 PM

11,055 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
My next door neighbor grew up on a farm and she has what I call a "farmer's walk." It's very unaffected and a bit unfeminine, looks sturdy and stoic and maybe like she had a bucket of something in each hand.

Hard to explain but those of you who know farmers may identify what I'm talking about.

When we were first married my husband was a foreman of a construction crew. He talked about a walk he called "carrying a hammer." He used that expression to describe lazy workers who spent more time trying to look like they were working than actually working.

He said they pick up a hammer and walk determinedly to a place. Then pick up something else and walk determinedly to another place. At a quick glance just stopping by to check on the crew you'd see the motion and think they were all busy. But if you watched for any length of time you realized the guy hadn't done any work at all!

How about seductive walks? I've seen women who seem to go to an extra effort to wiggle their behind when they walk.

And sitting. I've observed that old, burnt out addicts and alcoholics often sit with their legs crossed and then the upper foot wrapped around the lower leg, hunched over into themselves and all twisted up like a pretzel. Seems to express they feel small or perhaps self-protective?

If you looked at my feet right now you would see that I have a "Greek foot." That's a second toe that is longer than the rest and means at my age I probably have some lower back pain.

If you look at the soles you will see calluses that will tell you I am often bare foot and quite a bit of dirt right now since I've just run in from the tomato patch.
"Greek Foot"? Wow, I had to look that up. Apparently we are only 2 to 22% of the population, Lodestar!

But the Statue of Liberty and the Statue of David are with us!

(I didn't see anything about lower back pain....)

Old 09-09-2018, 08:40 AM

658 posts, read 721,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
do people display anything about their character the way they walk. People display certain things about themselves the way they move their hands when they talk. There may be an art to feet watching that I have never heard of. What do you think?
I hate feet and think they're disgusting. I always imagine fungus on them and warts and stuff. Gross. I try to not look at feet ever.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:16 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,633,327 times
Haha so funny to me, gorgeous girls usually have cute feet but in my experience most girls hate their feet. And in all fairness I’d rather not see 95% of feet, or 97%, but perfectly pedicured feet on a beautiful girl? Yes please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology