Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 10:44 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,458,844 times

Advertisements

I get the sense from watching the video multiple times that he handles his 'flock' the same way

Made me think of this classic sketch by Damon Wayans and Jim Carrey on In Living Color.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2xXXSFE-NU

Old 09-05-2018, 01:59 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,805 times
Most posters who think it's appropriate for the Pastor to grope Ariana Grande don't have daughters, grand daughters, or nieces. The guy is a pervert and most likely does it to all his younger flock.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:02 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Most posters who think it's appropriate for the Pastor to grope Ariana Grande don't have daughters, grand daughters, or nieces. The guy is a pervert and most likely does it to all his younger flock.
He knew the cameras were filming them. If his flock doesn't scatter after seeing that, they're crazy. Imagine what he gets away with in private.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:19 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
He is a stupid pervert. Pervert by nature. Stupid because he knew he was being filmed.
filmed and in front of a crowd of onlookers!

Old 09-05-2018, 07:06 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
My feeling is that if this guy is this comfortable and confident being grabby with cameras on him, he's been doing this for quite some time now, to God knows how many cute sheep in his congregation, without repercussions. although the cameras, who knows how much more grabby.
This is probably the case. He's been hugging too many women, and not doing the churchy sideways "air hug" thing, either.

I'm older than he is, but I learned when I was a teenager not to screw with people's names unless you intend to screw with them.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Grande makes a living singing sex-tinged songs while dancing in an alluring manner wearing next to nothing. Why is it so surprising when a man treats her like a sex doll?
With him being a pastor in the pulpit during a religious event, if anything, he should have been keeping his distance from her.

Her dress was inappropriate, her song was inappropriate. If he were in keeping with his own position as a pastor, there was zero reason for him to touch her, no reason for any comment beyond a polite "Thank you."

Old 09-05-2018, 07:27 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,078,249 times
You could tell she was uncomfortable, though she held it together well. He was being a creep.

You know when a touch is accidental or not. I've been touched on accident, and I've had been grabbed/felt up on purpose. If this was an accident, due to height difference, he could have just adjusted his hand placement.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
You know when a touch is accidental or not. I've been touched on accident, and I've had been grabbed/felt up on purpose. If this was an accident, due to height difference, he could have just adjusted his hand placement.
He did adjust his hand placement.

He got a better grip on her breast. Shifted it twice.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:15 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
She should have "accidentally" stomped on his foot with her stilettos. I would have, if I were her. But I'm not her. At 6'3" and 172 lbs. I look like someone who just might possibly offer some resistance, and this wouldn't have happened to me in the first place. But he knew she was too small, too professional and too smart to fight back in public. I would have knocked him into the next county.

That doesn't mean big girls can't be attacked. I was negotiating a gig once (I've done a bit of contracting), sitting in this club owner's office. He got up and walked to my side of the desk and attempted to kiss me. I jumped up and ran out of there. If I had been a small woman, he might have been able to stop me. It was so totally unexpected. And boy was I mad. I wanted to hurt him. I'm pretty sure he did this to lots of women.

It doesn't excuse the behavior, but to be honest, I thought her dress was inappropriate, too. But a lot of young women dress provocatively. Isn't that their right, however? I have noticed myself, noticing this and thinking, isn't it perhaps jealousy on my part, or puritanism?

Old 09-05-2018, 09:54 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmejor77 View Post
Do you think he knew what he was doing, or was just an unfortunate missundestanding? What about the comment about she sounding like a Mexican dish? Any psychological lessons with coud learn from this incident?
1. He's a pervert and a sicko.
2. Why she didn't give him an elbow to the ribs is beyond me.
3. Psychological lessons? He's a liar, you win the lottery if you can guess how many hundreds of women he's fondled or worse. Pastorship is often license to do things normal people wouldn't do. I notice Bill Clinton and Jessie Jackson didn't jump up to defend her!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology