Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 12:44 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times

Advertisements

maybe they see you as being sooooo sensitive as a kid in a sandbox.. and treat you as such

some guys have a babyface...and mothers are motherly/maternal.....

I think its endearing..... thay are caring about you..

ive worked with many women that call me ricky (not rick) even at 40.. its not derogatory ….ill do the same to them..

I see older men at the workplace be very protective of young ladies because they have daughters that age...… if there car breaks down or if someone is harassing them...

these ladies are doing the same to you … its endearment

remember women dont have to worry about harassment as men do …..they can be more forward in a joking manner...men usually dont get offended
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 01:29 PM

27 posts, read 12,401 times
@maine
I dont have a sensitive face or a child like face structure, I'm a grown man and have my life on my terms

I'm living on my own, have my own life and some things kind of trigger me in a way. This has happened before

This is just something I have been picking up and starting to notice this behavior in other people, I'm not asking for it nor am I that sensitive it just confuses me why someone would do something like that, if you actually think its just the normal mother instinct some women have than that's great but I was thinking it was much worse than that for some reason

I'm also very independent and when I visit my parents my mom wants to cook me dinner, she wants to make breakfast or clean up after me etc.. and honestly I have been on my own for a long time now and it makes me uncomfortable for someone to have to take care of me

Old 09-15-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
You ARE a kid to them. They have 20 to 40 years of life experience that you haven't acquired yet. Don't let it bother you. Its not like you are slow or are behind, you are just young. Enjoy your youth, and enjoy the attention. Neither will be there forever, and in a decade or so you will be doing the same thing, lol. Don't be so sexist. It's not just women that do this. There are plenty of surrogate fathers out there as well.

That's a good way of looking at it they are older than me and something about them, maybe they have seen people like me before or they can sympathize with me by observing me or something, good news is this thread actually helped me understand a different perspective

I tried asking on another forum but everyone there is my age so they don't understand what I'm saying when I explain this situation

Old 09-15-2018, 01:43 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,925,015 times
Hah! Try living in Asia, as a young person. People will lecture you, mother you, father you, get up really close to you, touch you constantly, set you up with their daughters because you should have been married by 22. 2 years in Taiwan when I was 21 and it drove me CRAZY.

But they generally mean well. Just be confident and believe in yourself, and this behavior will roll off you like water off a duck.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:49 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyihavequestions View Post
Hey, I have some questions on womens motherly intuition
Do women treat some men or see them as a child or something? I have this odd interaction with women between 40-60 and it seems like they like to treat me or act like im some kid and in no way I am one nor do i present myself as one but why do they do this?

Is this just a normal interaction or am i picking up on some vibes from these older women?
Any examples?
Perhaps you confuse maternal instincts with genuine care - you know, like people who love each other care about well being of their SO?

Old 09-15-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Any examples?
Perhaps you confuse maternal instincts with genuine care - you know, like people who love each other care about well being of their SO?

I live alone in another state away from family and I started picking up on certain things when interacting with older women like they were acting too nice to me in a way where I thought what is going on, why act this way, do they think we're family or something

For some time i was confused by this but it does make sense and nothing wrong going on here, I kind of thought it was something bad and I dont want to mention what I thought it was but turns out there's nothing out of the ordinary here

Old 09-15-2018, 02:18 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Quote:
Hey, I have some questions on womens motherly intuition
Do women treat some men or see them as a child or something? I have this odd interaction with women between 40-60 and it seems like they like to treat me or act like im some kid and in no way I am one nor do i present myself as one but why do they do this?

Is this just a normal interaction or am i picking up on some vibes from these older women?
You are a kid to them because their own children or grandchildren are the same age as you.
Honestly, I could not tell apart a 30 and 40 year old much less a 21 y.o. and 28 y.o.
But I would look at a nice young buck wistfully dreaming I could turn the clock back. If you only knew what granny was thinking you might blush

Old 09-15-2018, 02:23 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
But I would look at a nice young buck wistfully dreaming I could turn the clock back. If you only knew what granny was thinking you might blush
. NO!

Old 09-15-2018, 03:46 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,877,553 times
You DO have the right to step back and say, "Please don't touch me."

There's a lot of "oh, they're just being nice" in this thread and in general, I think, when a woman is over-stepping her bounds. If a 60-year-old man came up to a 25-year-old woman and started rubbing her cheek? I can't imagine anyone telling her to just put up with it in this day and age.

Fact remains, if you do not want someone touching you, you have every right to make them stop.

Old 09-15-2018, 04:10 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:
Because its embarrassing and I don't want anyone to treat me that way
Where are you engaging with women in their 40s to 60s; Is it through employment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology