Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 06:35 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times

Advertisements

I worked in a shoe store when I was young, and I always wondered why tall women wore such tall heels. Their feet are usually larger so the taller the heel the smaller the foot looks because it elongates the foot making it look like an extension of the leg. I mean, this is just what I was told so take it with a grain of salt. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 06:48 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I worked in a shoe store when I was young, and I always wondered why tall women wore such tall heels. Their feet are usually larger so the taller the heel the smaller the foot looks because it elongates the foot making it look like an extension of the leg. I mean, this is just what I was told so take it with a grain of salt. lol.
I think it mainly optical. Tall ladies often have long lags and bigger feet. So the overall effect of heels is much stronger. Even if the heels are relatively lower. And they may not be. I watched my daughters go all through that and was always amazed that hey could and would walk in those things. I would personally have been scared to death to ever try to walk in such things.

And I have even seen my daughters run in them. Mind blowing.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:10 PM

101 posts, read 49,500 times
In general, my go to physical type for women is: short and "stacked"
or short,
or "stacked".

Not to say that I haven't been attracted to those women taller and/or slimmer.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:42 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
I like women of all heights, short and tall. I am 5'7 and would date women who are over 6 feet. They could even wear heels and I would feel no insecurity whatsoever.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:49 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Well, many years ago, I signed up for eHarmony, and I was told that their studies showed that only 3% of men would date a woman of my height, which is six feet. So, there's the answer according to one source!

Old 10-16-2019, 08:54 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, many years ago, I signed up for eHarmony, and I was told that their studies showed that only 3% of men would date a woman of my height, which is six feet. So, there's the answer according to one source!
Ahhh too bad we did not meet in an earlier phase of life. I ended up a widower in my mid 40s when my first wife passed unexpectedly and quickly. Left me with 3 between 16 and 22. Try dating with three ladies of that age group in the home.

But I always liked tall ladies. Simple more to them. Why not get the large size?

Old 10-16-2019, 10:34 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Quote:
That surprises me. I would have guessed the majority of men would date a woman your height regardless of their height. My impression was only women care about height when it comes to dating.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:24 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Wow, that's unfortunate. Did you find a basketball player to date?

Old 10-19-2019, 01:50 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,315,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not attracted to taller women. Many guys don't have a problem with it. Just as a lot of women would consider me probably too short for them (5'8") A lot of guys have the hots for the whole leggy Scandinavian blonde haired blue eyed types. I like them 5'5" or a little less with dark hair and voluptuous figures personally.

There are lids for all pots.
Sign me up for the same. In my opinion, nothing beats a sexy brown-haired woman, preferably one with olive skin and/or dark-ish features (brown eyes, dark hair). The tall Scandinavian look (think Brigitte Nielsen) has never appealed to me. I'm more of a fan of the Salma Hayek or Leah Remini look. Plus, the aging process is generally much kinder to darker-hued women than it is to the pale -- so the looks tend to stick around much longer in the non-Scandinavian group.

Old 10-19-2019, 11:22 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
That surprises me. I would have guessed the majority of men would date a woman your height regardless of their height. My impression was only women care about height when it comes to dating.
And mine was the opposite. I was this height at 14, and I never dated in high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology