Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 02:17 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times

Advertisements

First of all, I firmly believe that women are stronger than men, and there's a good reason why the military has tried hard to keep women out of combat duties. We're looking at a potential big blow to the male ego.

A statement with a lot of weight: You never say No to a wife! Obama always referred to Michelle as The Boss and Harry Truman never made a decision without first consulting The Boss, his wife. And God forbid, should Ronald Reagan have even gone to the bathroom, without first consulting his control freak wife Nancy!

As far as Middle Eastern women, looks are deceiving. Little do any of us know that they a great number of them rule the roost over there, succinctly. I imagine there's many of these women who have sexually enslaved their men, and love the power plays, watching them beg for more.

Most couples I'm aware of, the woman ultimately calls the shots. And many are not direct about it, they do it all underhandedly, indirectly.

My sister has always claimed that her husband makes all the decisions in their marriage and that always produces a laugh-a-thon with me. She controls him like a Geisha.

Baghan Rajneesh claims that the longest lasting marriages are between a masochist and a sadist.

Masculinity, Femininity? Yin and yang says it all, we're all 50% male, 50% woman. I don't believe it for one minute, someone claims to be 100% Alpha Male, or 100% masculine, or 100% feminine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 04:48 AM

405 posts, read 257,313 times
I have always thought that human beings have lost the knowledge of what it is to be a human being. Animals don't debate what the best food is for them. Lions instinctively eat meat and horses eat grass. Every wild animal is a perfect representation of their species. YET, look at the books on Amazon about human diet and nutrition - there are thousands. We can't even come to a consensus of what we should be eating.

Same with the topic at hand. The dynamic of lion prides or horse herds didn't come about through debate - they came about through evolution. There is no debate about the roles of males and females in their societies - they just are.

What I wonder is whether most of the ills of human society come about because we are not living according to what the natural state of our species is. When we think that what we want trumps our biology, then all sorts of aberrations - physical and mental - pop up (as they do with animals in captive or domesticated situations).

Will we ever regain our natural instincts? I doubt it. Humans are too intent on reinventing ourselves according to our desires. I have always thought that the more 'primitive' a society is, the happier they are. Take for exmaple the Amazonian tribes who do only what it takes to survive. The dynamic or male and female roles isn't debated - it just is. There is no sense of victimhood because of those roles, and as a result, they are considered the happiest societies on earth and the most physically and mentally healthy.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:17 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,320,007 times
Males submissive to females?

Of course.

Females control the one thing that males need the most.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:31 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWLC View Post
Will we ever regain our natural instincts? I doubt it.
Oh, the planet is changing. Physically and spiritually. Some days I can literally feel it. I was reading a topic here (can't remember the forum) where someone was getting sunburned even while wearing sunscreen with a high SPF level. That's crazy (but could also be a result of sunscreen being poison and more potent poison is baking into your skin), but it's indicative of a change.

The warmongers better enjoy their bloodlust while it lasts. We're moving back into feminine energy. I don't know if any of us currently on the planet will be around to see it, but earth is cleansing and righting herself. The universe balances all things.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:19 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Baghan Rajneesh claims that the longest lasting marriages are between a masochist and a sadist.
Well, he would know, wouldn't he?

I can't believe you're quoting Rajneesh. It's not funny, really, considering how many people have suffered due to his extreme nut-jobbery.

Old 11-11-2018, 11:30 AM

937 posts, read 743,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
We're moving back into feminine energy. I don't know if any of us currently on the planet will be around to see it, but earth is cleansing and righting herself. The universe balances all things.
I agree with you and this doesn't mean female superiority as some might think. It means the rightful return to balance between the masculine and feminine elements on the planet which will also appear in humans. Broadly speaking, men have integrated more feminine by becoming more in tune with themselves, their emotions/feelings allowing them to relate better to self and others. Women have been integrating more masculine with exercising their ability to accomplish, achieve, and lead over the last several decades. There ideally should be a reasonable balance of those things in individuals regardless of gender. The key is balance and not going overboard with one or the other....ie balancing achieving/accomplishing with self care and rest would be an example of balance.

Before the feminist movement, women were stifled and lacked opportunities to make their way and accomplish in the world. Often, men could be too out of touch with their emotions-inner lives and that of others. Women often did emotional processing/connections while men did all of the providing which could be too out of balance for each gender. Think Betty Draper going crazy just primping for the next cocktail party watching her nail paint dry all day. Think Don Draper out of touch with his emotions, his wife's emotions, his kid's emotions and drinking to just numb himself from it all thinking money and success was all that was needed to make everyone happy. So all he did was earn and produce for the family like an emotionless machine. Don Draper did have an epiphany when he crashed and burned by the sixties and ended up at a spiritual retreat. It was like a coming home to his feminine aspect as he peacefully rested in the moment and meditated which had been suppressed all of those years. Pretty perceptive of the show's writers...the sixties ushered in a huge, altering wave of feminine energy and that manifested outwardly with men growing their hair long and embracing their inner feminine. Something their fathers mostly certainly had not done.

Both genders are balancing out and integrating both energies better. One gender or energy is not superior to the other. Both genders and energies are valuable and needed bringing different qualities to the table so to speak. One cannot be without the other and they are interdependent on each other as well.

Last edited by Chloe333; 11-11-2018 at 12:01 PM..

Old 11-12-2018, 11:39 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Sometimes I wonder why so very many conversations on this site are so obsessed with these attempts at analysis of the genders. I can only imagine this makes sense to people who have incredibly limited interaction with other actual human beings. You know, the ones walking around...OUTSIDE. In the world. Not on screens. Remember? Those humans?

Because inevitably if you really think, about any number of people, not just one or two cases (especially ones where YOU were the common denominator) you will realize that whatever great theory you think you've got to explain how it all is, or how it all should be, is completely bananas and doesn't work. The moment it is tested in actual society it falls completely apart.

I know women who are more logical than many men. Stronger, too, wise and mature souls who can completely handle what life places into their path. I know younger men who have suffered great hardship and learned great endurance and older men who never managed to grow up. I know old ladies who, to the day they died, played childish games with the hearts of family members they claimed to love. I know responsible children and irresponsible adults. A trans woman who is one of the most sane and sensible human beings I've had the great honor to speak with, and a trans man who just can't stop creating drama. "Alpha" man warriors who wear girly lingerie secretly under their clothing (and, in fact, a middle aged and very clean cut looking male lawyer who does the same even as he speaks in court) and who can handle being shot at, but cannot handle a minor emotional turbulence in the home without a temper tantrum worthy of a sleep-deprived 3 year old. I know men and women who take natural charge, who have the spirits of great leaders, and men and women who couldn't lead their own damn selves out of a paper bag with both hands and a GPS navigation device. I know dominant men and women, and submissive men and women, to say nothing of the many trans, non-binaries, gender-fluid folk, pups and ponies and kitties and bunnies oh-freakin'-my. Hell, I know dominant masochists and submissive sadists, and people who refuse to align consistently with any particular role.

It all comes down to doing what works, in our interactions and relationships with one another. Being self-aware enough to be honest with yourself about who you are and what you need, and being honest and compassionate with others. Unfortunately I think too often, people are not, they get into relationships and just try to force their partners to take whatever role they need them to take, whether they've consented to it or not.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:43 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,435,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Sometimes I wonder why so very many conversations on this site are so obsessed with these attempts at analysis of the genders. I can only imagine this makes sense to people who have incredibly limited interaction with other actual human beings. You know, the ones walking around...OUTSIDE. In the world. Not on screens. Remember? Those humans?
Its because people have experienced slights, real or imagined, and are looking to confirm their biases. "My friends are no fun since they got married; ergo Women control men and rob them of what brings them joy."

Or "Women are basically looking for a meal ticket and a protector."

Or this thread.

Anyone can cherry pick examples that fits their narrative (generally.)

Old 11-12-2018, 06:47 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Women have power because men want to have sex with them.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:56 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Women have power because men want to have sex with them.
It's just so incredibly patronizing to reduce interactions between men and women to THIS. And men probably think women should view it as a compliment (the old woman on a pedestal thing) when most women would certainly rather have some more reliable power than something based on her attractiveness to the opposite sex. A power that will certainly fade and become more and more limited over her lifetime when most men's power and influence increase as their SKILLS and tangible resources increase.

Women aren't as limited as the past but you couldn't tell it from many of these posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology