Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 02:35 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Yes, Houses in dreams are the symbolic representation of the dreamer’s sense of self. No matter what other imagery or circumstances may present themselves in a dream, a house should be considered an unconscious expression of your sense of personal identity.
Interesting; I dream almost every night of a house I sold a few years that I sincerely wish I hadn't (my childhood home). In every dream, no matter what's taking place, it's in that house. I find it rather comforting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 02:44 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Probably says something about your nostalgic, sentimental side. :-)

Old 11-09-2018, 02:50 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
I have three recurring dreams. One involves Halloween. It's Halloween and I don't have a single decoration up and there is no food for the tons of people coming. I have this dream at least once a year and I could dream it anytime.
The second recurring dream is the attic of an old house dream that is full of antiques. I love that dream. Some of the antiques are stunning. The dream has different furniture and a different layout. Sometimes it looks like a big store, but you still have to go up the attic stairs to get to it. Sometimes it really is just a big attic in an old house.
The third dream involves white catfish. They're in a beautiful pond and rise to the surface when you approach. Sometimes they're goldfish and there are a lot of them. In one dream the pond was empty. That was distressing to me. I love the fish dream. There's something comforting about it. The Halloween dream? Not so much. I think it's my naked in a classroom dream.

I'm sure each dream has a message, and I could guess that the Halloween dream is stress related, but the attic and fish dreams. I'm baffled.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:09 PM

919 posts, read 847,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I have three recurring dreams. One involves Halloween. It's Halloween and I don't have a single decoration up and there is no food for the tons of people coming. I have this dream at least once a year and I could dream it anytime.
The second recurring dream is the attic of an old house dream that is full of antiques. I love that dream. Some of the antiques are stunning. The dream has different furniture and a different layout. Sometimes it looks like a big store, but you still have to go up the attic stairs to get to it. Sometimes it really is just a big attic in an old house.
The third dream involves white catfish. They're in a beautiful pond and rise to the surface when you approach. Sometimes they're goldfish and there are a lot of them. In one dream the pond was empty. That was distressing to me. I love the fish dream. There's something comforting about it. The Halloween dream? Not so much. I think it's my naked in a classroom dream.

I'm sure each dream has a message, and I could guess that the Halloween dream is stress related, but the attic and fish dreams. I'm baffled.
My uneducated guess:
Attic dream - wealth. Pleasure from owning a lot of beautiful, expensive antiques.
Fish dream - fish = children. Maybe your own or your extended family or if you are a teacher, your class.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:12 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,960,626 times
at least you folks have dreams that might need interpreting.
mine are boring and somewhat literal.

1. no nightmares.
nothing even close.
2. i remember the details about most of them.
that is how i know they are boring.
3. sometimes they provide a possible answer to real life.
i fixed my clothes dryer with an idea from a dream.

right now, i am working on lucid dreaming...where you know you are dreaming
and dream about whatever you want. the first step is remembering. i have that down.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:21 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Probably says something about your nostalgic, sentimental side. :-)
More about regret, I would say.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:43 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Yes, Houses in dreams are the symbolic representation of the dreamer’s sense of self. No matter what other imagery or circumstances may present themselves in a dream, a house should be considered an unconscious expression of your sense of personal identity.
Dr. Lennox, I presume? Psychologist or astrologist?

Old 11-09-2018, 03:45 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
I had a disturbing dream the other night. Cuddling up with one of my Supervisors. Nothing sexual. Just a cuddle. I woke up weirded out!

Old 11-12-2018, 11:34 PM

534 posts, read 488,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I notice on the Food and Drink forum, there are "what are you drinking now" and "what's for lunch" running threads. I wonder if anyone has every tried -- or there'd be any interest in -- a dream interpretation thread. I know I'm terrible at that and would welcome others' input, particularly those with a knack or talent for it. Thoughts?
I see dreams as expressing suppressed or unresolved emotions. No matter what the story, there's always an underlying emotion that's being expressed through the dreams. Often for me it's a sense of frustration or disappointment or impatience...like I won't be able to get somewhere on time, or buy what I want, or accomplish what I want, etc. Sometimes it's a 'truth' coming out...I had a dream a couple of months ago where I expressed an opinion about him to my first boyfriend (from many years ago) that I hadn't even realized I had, until I dreamed it, but which brought clarity upon awakening...and that was very cool! I don't focus on the details or situations of the dream upon awakening...I just search for the 'feeling' of the dream, and then I'll quickly zero in on what is the similar-feeling real-life situation, whether it be current or something from the past that needs resolution.

In the past I derived much help from Carl Jung and his incredible work on archetypes. Eventually I found myself trying to fit them, instead of them fitting me, so I began discarding his archetypes and replacing them with my own. Eventually I didn't need archetypes, once I discovered for myself there was an emotional or vibrational essence to every single idea I (or anyone) could ever have. Because I have zero desire to be any sort of teacher or guru or even document my experience for anyone, I didn't really need symbols, since I didn't need to convey anything to anybody. Just me, and I had the emotion that lies beyond the symbol.

Thus I realized that Jung's work was about his journey, and I have mine. I have the experience of Carl Jung, instead of one through Carl Jung. It became the difference between subscribing to a guru and being my own authority. The buddhists say, "If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him." This is essentially what I did with my Buddha (Carl Jung). It was inevitable for me. But his work was vitally important to me in the beginning, and I wholly recommend his works (any and all of them) without reservation if you're interested in exploring your consciousness.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:00 AM

859 posts, read 704,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I had a disturbing dream the other night. Cuddling up with one of my Supervisors. Nothing sexual. Just a cuddle. I woke up weirded out!
It could refer to having things like problems/conflicts that has been fixed/solved.
Or
It could indicate to a cordial relationship (which means respect & appreciation).
Or
Maybe, you will get a promotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology