Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 10:49 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Yes, I have tons of trepidation about my future. I probably need a life coach. But I thought dreams represented the subconscious, tipping you off to things of which you weren't already consciously aware?

Well...maybe the dream is to move you to action? You need someone else's shoe (one that works for you...'fits' you) to move forward?

Maybe you DID know before...but when the message comes from within...it brings action faster? Like...it's one thing when someone else tries to tell you what to do. But when it's your inside self telling you...it has a different impact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 12:48 PM

40 posts, read 18,859 times
Quote:
Yes, I have tons of trepidation about my future. I probably need a life coach. But I thought dreams represented the subconscious, tipping you off to things of which you weren't already consciously aware?
The dream of shoes reminds me of Vincent van Gogh's paintings of a pair of old shoes and another one of three old pairs. In both instances the shoes show quite abit of wear and tear. In the same year (1886) when he showed the world the condition his shoes were in, he painted numerous images of different types of flowers in vases, whereas in previous years they are virtually absent in his paintings. The blooming of flowers in spring connects well the idea of renewal and rejuvenation which he may have have been seeking during that period of his life. The images of worn-out shoes coupled with the blossoms of spring, are not unlike symbols taken from a dream.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:57 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Another one last night: my mother (deceased) was standing at the fireplace mantle in our (now sold) family home trying to tell me something when her voice got very weak so that I couldn't understand her. She looked unwell, so I sat her down in her chair and reached for the phone to dial 911. I couldn't get the phone to work, though, and then I noticed that the numbers were scrambled on the keypad. Maybe I do need professional help, haha.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:36 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Another one last night: my mother (deceased) was standing at the fireplace mantle in our (now sold) family home trying to tell me something when her voice got very weak so that I couldn't understand her. She looked unwell, so I sat her down in her chair and reached for the phone to dial 911. I couldn't get the phone to work, though, and then I noticed that the numbers were scrambled on the keypad. Maybe I do need professional help, haha.
When you dream about a house, or your home, you're dreaming about an aspect of yourself. It may very well be, that you need professional advice...although I wouldn't necessarily say psychological...but you know yourself better than I do...

That you couldn't hear your mother...her voice fading away, and she is looking unhealthy...it seems like, to ME, that you know you need a change..but you need advice, and your mom, who probably respresents wisdom, security, etc., can't provide it for you anymore, so where to turn? Who to reach out to? HOW do you reach out, etc.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:56 AM

Exactly. I'm struggling to formulate the best plan for my retirement years (with time running out) and can't decide on one. I also can't decide if I need to consult a life coach, counselor, psychologist, financial expert, or psychic for advice, haha.

So dream interpretation is basically free association, it sounds like.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:39 AM

859 posts, read 705,449 times
Quote:
Here's an interesting little snippet... I realized that my SHOE (right one) couldn't drive my car. I was out in the middle of nowhere, and it was an old, worn-out shoe. When I depressed the gas pedal, nothing happened, so I concluded that the shoe was at fault. I took it off and examined it; gave it to several other people who also examined it quizzically. In the end, I decided I'd have to borrow someone else's shoe in order to drive home.
Is it OK if I ask you a personal question?

Old 01-18-2019, 10:09 AM

Sure (or you can ask it via PM).

Old 01-18-2019, 10:30 AM

Are you married?

Old 01-18-2019, 10:30 AM

Not currently.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:42 AM

It's good that I asked you before, because if you are married or engaged, it could be an interpretation to your dream.

Addition: Do you mean by "not currently" that you were married before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology