Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 10:56 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,934 times

Advertisements

I can't rep you, but I wish I could hug you right now because you're here for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 10:58 PM

The calculus that you can see on the back side of teeth is like 1/4 of the way up my bottom teeth. It's grossing me out. I use Listerine like every time I go to the bathroom. But it doesn't get rid of anything. I know it won't.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:27 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
The calculus that you can see on the back side of teeth is like 1/4 of the way up my bottom teeth. It's grossing me out. I use Listerine like every time I go to the bathroom. But it doesn't get rid of anything. I know it won't.
It could be layered stains. My back teeth and behind my teeth, as I said, I was positive was layered in calculus too. Dr Google said so! The real dentist was like nope, nope. Layered stains feel and look similar. That is still gross, but whatever.

It comes off!

Old 11-14-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
I can't rep you, but I wish I could hug you right now because you're here for me.
((((((((lkmax))))))))))) Baby steps, girl.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It could be layered stains. My back teeth and behind my teeth, as I said, I was positive was layered in calculus too. Dr Google said so! The real dentist was like nope, nope. Layered stains feel and look similar. That is still gross, but whatever.

It comes off!
Whaaaat? I have a certified Google.com dental degree. No dentist can tell me anything that I don't already know. Their years of schooling mean nothing compared to my rapid-fire fingers and my search engine.

<3 <3 <3

Old 11-15-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Whaaaat? I have a certified Google.com dental degree. No dentist can tell me anything that I don't already know. Their years of schooling mean nothing compared to my rapid-fire fingers and my search engine.

<3 <3 <3
Me too, and I am always shocked when a real Dr contradicts me! On this, I have never been so happy to be wrong. But hey, if it is calculus or tartar and you need a deep cleaning or whatever, it isn't going to be the end of the world or thousands of dollars just to work on matters of health and the cosmetic aspect of that scraping that I used to loathe, but that was the best scraping ever. I had taken it for granted before. Boo hoo. The dentist always scrapes. I hate it. wa. I didn't realize before that scraping was so critical to keep stains from going from super mild to ick. Wow, but it does. Found that out not going for a while.

Whatever the result of the assessment is, you can handle it. Have him or her prioritize and take it one step at a time. You got this.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:37 AM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
I'm 30 and have only been to the dentist once in my life, when I was like 6.
So you're poor. Well, looks like we found the problem right there.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So you're poor. Well, looks like we found the problem right there.
So insightful and helpful. Aren't there some rocks you should be kicking?

Old 11-15-2018, 09:03 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,372,156 times
Quote:
-Unsightly scars
-Really dry, scaly skin, even when I use a ton of lotion
-Glasses
-Terrible sense of fashion
-Lazy
Glasses?

Quote:
A majority of 61 percent in the population reported to wear glasses, contact lenses or other reading or visual aids occasionally in 2012, versus 57 percent in 2001.
Not something to be concerned about.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:50 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
I should have been more specific. Most men can't stand being with a smoker. What I should have said about drinking is that most men can't stand being with someone who drinks too much. The OP admitted she drinks too much. I would never go out with someone who smokes or is a heavy drinker/alcoholic. Social drinking is fine. I have a drink myself every now and then.
No. Most NON-SMOKING MEN can't stand being around a cigarette-stinky smoker.

Men who drink like to be with other drinkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology