Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 11:44 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times

Advertisements

I got married last year, and my wedding trip was a very happy time.

We adjusted our plans a lot due to Covid and I'm actually glad, in retrospect, that we did. Things were getting a bit out of hand with the original plan in terms of cost and complexity. If we'd done it the way we first expected to, we'd have been exhausted by the end of it. Though we were going to get a famous author and speaker that we are both huge fans of, to officiate, and it was going to be at a convention with hundreds of our friends...OK so it would have been cool. But the way we did it was cool, too.

We drove up into the mountains to a VRBO property that we rented. We had a very few friends come up, and there was room to space out, we spent a lot of time outside, and no one got sick. About 10 people at the peak of our ceremony and feasting. And we had a little mountain river flowing by where you could pan for gold, and a hot tub right by the water. We fell asleep with the windows open to the sound of the water, between the river and the gentle rain, and it was soooo relaxing. A very, very happy time.

Mostly though, I've taken the last year to hunker down and work hard, pushing myself in "ambition mode" to get my finances as good as possible, preparing to move later this year, and basically....working hard in the belief that I'll be able to make more memorably wonderful times happen in the near-ish future. Lots of plotting and planning and scheming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 12:28 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
It’s now. I’m independent, surrounded by people who love me and at peace with the life I’ve made for myself. It’s only gonna get better.

Old 05-04-2021, 01:22 PM

928 posts, read 498,830 times
I should have more to say if this thread stays active. Will be married in about 3 months...

Old 05-05-2021, 12:52 PM

307 posts, read 213,772 times
I was happiest when I was around 10 or 11 and didn't have bills or concerns other than being a good student. Those were the days!

Old 05-05-2021, 03:11 PM

84 posts, read 54,662 times
I would say I was most happy at all ages prior to about 11 or 12 years old. Everything was so new to me. I had no worries. I couldn’t really ponder anything outside of my small day to existence on earth.

Old 05-06-2021, 10:51 AM

16,308 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Im surprised to see so many people say their favorite time in life was when they were a young mother. My kids are 5 and 6 and they are a handful. I can't say i see myself as a young mother at 42 either lol. I would say one of the happiest times in my life was when I became a mother when my son was a newborn. I was so happy to have him. It did get harder. I always worry that one day Ill look back and miss these years. They really have gone by so fast.

Other than that I'm not sure I have had one particular phase of life or years of life where i was completely worry free and happy. I tend to be anxious and often feel worried about something (sucks) but I've definitely had happy moments and occasions.

Old 05-06-2021, 11:33 AM

928 posts, read 498,830 times
My happiest time actually could be in the next year, as I will be getting married and maybe having a child. Of course, it could also be the worst, lol.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:39 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
^^^^^Congrats, Don. I hope you'll be very happy!

My best years were 2010 - 13. Everything looked rosy and I was having a great time with my activities (hiking, rafting, horseback riding). Then health and work issues eroded my QOL. Age 55 to 58 were ideal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology