Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 09:28 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times

Advertisements

^^^^LOL. Now when I'm in the kitchen, I have to wear a headband since the ceiling fan has to be on.
A/C would make it too cold for my hothouse-flower DH!

Y'know, when I get occasionally miffed that we can't get Amazon deliveries here, I realize how wonderful life has become with NO MAIL, NO PHONE CALLS, NO DRIVING frustrations, no TV (but we've only had Netflix for decades, anyway, by choice), so no commercials.

People are not rude and if they were, I couldn't understand them anyway, LOL.

Totally agree about packaging. I have heard ER visits are way up due to cuts trying to open them. One pet peeve of mine is mayo in plastic bags here! Peanut butter (if you can get it) comes that way too. With a 1/4" opening....I never knew JARS were a first-world upgrade!

Oh ergonomics, come on down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 12:49 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,156,102 times
It bothers me when someone who has an extremely easy job description has to be repeatedly asked to do their "one job" (the execution of which supports your far more stressful job). And gives you attitude if you don't ask the right way. And management is no help. Can't wait for this individual to quit.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:14 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
The fact that I cannot know what is is like to be every person living or growing up in every possible area. I cannot even conceptualize what life is/was like for many people.

Speaking of radio they are apparently now teaching them to read the teleprompter in spurts. I hear it on raido, in ads, even on TV.

the dog was
found to have
a new owner
at
the
time
of the
attack
on the woman.

Rather than learning proper intonation pacing and phrasing for meaningful expression. they instead simple say a group of words, stop then say another group and stop again. I think they believe it makes them sound like they are being thoughtful. To me it sounds like they have difficulty reading full sentences. Listen to any radio show and the ads, you will hear this. it is a lot more prevalent than you might expect.

Oh and why can't the doctors just fix my knees already?

Old 12-11-2018, 08:53 PM

1,091 posts, read 579,642 times
Social events where the noise level is so high that you have to shout to the person right next to you...and they still don't hear what you're saying...

The fact that every popular Christmas song has to get remade by dozens of singers. Eventually, the sub-par remakes get more airplay than the classic originals.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:25 PM

914 posts, read 642,922 times
One of my biggest gripes would be about people who were never taught manners. Many people from other cultures were never taught to say thank you and other common courtesies, yet they seem to adopt the arrogance consistently. I wouldn't say we get the cream of the crop from abroad like other countries do because of their strict merit requirements, but instead, we get way too many rude leaches who are relatively socially inept.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:44 PM

438 posts, read 269,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Oh and why can't the doctors just fix my knees already?

This! Sometimes after a looooong night of tossing and turning and bitching and moaning, I apologize to my dogs for keeping them up all night.

Old 12-16-2018, 04:03 AM

343 posts, read 353,137 times
Me...

Thinking I am above average, and then I promptly get brought back to reality.

I am not quick witted. I always think of the super awesome comeback two hours after the exchange has already ended and I've already walked away looking like a damn fool.

Receiving any advice from siblings or friends who are younger than me.

Every time I try to sing in the car on my way home, I start coughing.

Every time I go to squeeze ketchup out of the bottle, I always get a bit of the red water first.

Whenever somebody holds a door open for me, I am always just far enough away that I am forced to break into a run to get to the door.

Every time I trip on a crack in the sidewalk, there is always the decision matrix: 1. look back at the crack angrily. 2. Do a little jogging dance to regain my balance and play it off. 3. Just walk right off as if nothing happened.

Why does everybody in Whittier Alaska live in one apartment building? Are people averse to buying land and building single family homes?

Why do the Massachusetts State Police look like Nazi Soldiers!?

Why are moths attracted to light!?

AAA!! I'M HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS!!

Anyway, those are just a couple things off the top of my head.

Last edited by sylentvoyce; 12-16-2018 at 04:54 AM..

Old 12-17-2018, 10:31 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
People who don't put an effort into their job or career...or who are lazy and purposefully avoid doing their very best.

I respect all who stand out as excellent in their work, no matter what type of work they do...it's important IMO to always do your best...like being a hairdresser, plumber, hotel clerk, CEO, garbage collector, a McD employee.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:41 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,854 times
I am in constant pain. Legs, lower back, shoulders. I'm also dizzy much of the time. I take Ibuprofen every day, but the pain remains. Also, sleep is a constant issue. It may be related to the pain. If I get 6 hours, I consider that a win.

Other then that, life is great! I'm retired, have no money issues. I have a wonderful spouse, live in a great little town, have great neighbors. It's all good, except for the constant pain. Is this what I have to look forward to for the next 20 to 40 years?

Old 12-17-2018, 10:44 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylentvoyce View Post
Me...

Thinking I am above average, and then I promptly get brought back to reality.

I am not quick witted. I always think of the super awesome comeback two hours after the exchange has already ended and I've already walked away looking like a damn fool.

Receiving any advice from siblings or friends who are younger than me.

Every time I try to sing in the car on my way home, I start coughing.

Every time I go to squeeze ketchup out of the bottle, I always get a bit of the red water first.

Whenever somebody holds a door open for me, I am always just far enough away that I am forced to break into a run to get to the door.

Every time I trip on a crack in the sidewalk, there is always the decision matrix: 1. look back at the crack angrily. 2. Do a little jogging dance to regain my balance and play it off. 3. Just walk right off as if nothing happened.

Why does everybody in Whittier Alaska live in one apartment building? Are people averse to buying land and building single family homes?

Why do the Massachusetts State Police look like Nazi Soldiers!?

Why are moths attracted to light!?

AAA!! I'M HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS!!

Anyway, those are just a couple things off the top of my head.

Me too! Kind of sounds like a first world problem. I squeeze the bottle over the sink until I get good ketchup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology