Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2019, 09:57 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Naw.
Bc there are a LOT of guys like this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-women-over-50

By the way, guys, be aware of your speaking volume. You may think only the other guys hear what you say, but we can all hear what you say. I've heard comments like these all over the place when no one thought anyone else could hear.
LMAO!!!

Most women I know over 50 do not lack physical appeal to me. The minds of such women are even more intriguing. Of course I've never been into concentration camp chic and 2x4s either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 09:59 AM

323 posts, read 218,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
So many reasons why women do this.

I know some that are insecure so spend lots of time doing hair and nails.

Some that that is what their husbands/partners require of them

Some that just like to do it for fun and themselves.

Who is right or wrong?

I like to wear a base and powder to even out my skin tone. Wear lipstick cuz I like the colors and also hate dry lips.

I quit wearing mascara cuz they no longer carry my favorite brand here in the US. I ordered one from Amazon recently, but not the same. It was Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara. sad.....
You know of a woman whose husband requires them to wear makeup?? Wow

What was the mascara you preferred? I liked Too Face better than sex but can't keep affording it so I now get Loreal Voluminous ..but I'm always on the lookout for a good one.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:14 AM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallie225 View Post
You know of a woman whose husband requires them to wear makeup?? Wow

What was the mascara you preferred? I liked Too Face better than sex but can't keep affording it so I now get Loreal Voluminous ..but I'm always on the lookout for a good one.
Not just one several. They even want them to show some skin. Boobs hanging out. That type of thing. To me that is creepy, but it takes all kinds.

One told me seriously that it was important for other men to lust after her so her husband would find her more desirable. Sad.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:44 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Low self esteem is why.
BULL CRAP! I am not ugly and I certainly don't have low self esteem.

I wear makeup because it enhances my features. I wear just a little bit on my eyes, some cover up on skin flaws and a hint of colour on my cheeks.

BUT on the other hand: there is nothing less attractive than a woman who CAKES it on. I'm talking about the ones who look totally artificial. Maybe those are the women you are referring to as having low self esteem.

I'd honestly rather see a woman with NO makeup, than a woman who CAKES it on.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:56 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post

When it comes to jewelry it's for the sake of other women.
No. Sometimes we just like looking deep into a jewel and watching the colors dance.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:07 PM

6,294 posts, read 4,191,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
No. Sometimes we just like looking deep into a jewel and watching the colors dance.
Don’t you just love how men dictate why we wear make up or jewellry, or that we give a rat’s backside what some French writer thinks of women over 50. Pity his mother or other female relatives who are obviously invisible to him

Old 01-13-2019, 03:28 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post

Don’t you just love how men dictate why we wear make up or jewellry, or that we give a rat’s backside what some French writer thinks of women over 50. Pity his mother or other female relatives who are obviously invisible to him
I just read that a woman in China has developed a rare form of hearing loss called "Reverse-Slope Hearing Loss". She can no longer hear low-frequency sounds.

This means that she can hear women, but she can no longer hear men speak.

Unfortunately, it's only temporary. I'm planning to acquire this disease myself.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:34 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I am a woman. I like pretty things. I like to look at them, make them, taste them, smell them, wear them, hear them, you name it. No apologies!

Old 01-13-2019, 07:10 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,775,175 times
What the heck is a "butch" woman?

ANSWER: One who dresses to please herself and isn't sufficiently "feminine" in the eyes of some man. Pejorative term used by men when they have a serious case of sour grapes and want to blame their lack of success on some bigoted view of lesbianism.

Women can't win. Don't wear makeup - you're letting yourself go (or, in this case, you're Just Too Butch). Wear makeup - you're a slave to the fashion industrial complex and don't have two brain cells to rub together to figure out how you're being rooked.

It's her money. She can spend it however she wants.

Signed: Tired of putting up with high maintenance men who think they have the right to have ANYTHING to say about how I dress, what I eat, what I drive, what I read, or any other damm thing.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:23 PM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
What the heck is a "butch" woman?

ANSWER: One who dresses to please herself and isn't sufficiently "feminine" in the eyes of some man. Pejorative term used by men when they have a serious case of sour grapes and want to blame their lack of success on some bigoted view of lesbianism.

Women can't win. Don't wear makeup - you're letting yourself go (or, in this case, you're Just Too Butch). Wear makeup - you're a slave to the fashion industrial complex and don't have two brain cells to rub together to figure out how you're being rooked.

It's her money. She can spend it however she wants.

Signed: Tired of putting up with high maintenance men who think they have the right to have ANYTHING to say about how I dress, what I eat, what I drive, what I read, or any other damm thing.
I stopped coloring my hair. OMG - the world was coming to an end!

After a few years, the last person in my "posse" is making the change!

We still keep it looking good and pretty, just without the fake color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology