Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 10:19 PM

6,300 posts, read 4,195,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You admit your experience is restricted by geography. And yet you claim to know how people from more diverse parts of this huge country live, think and feel?

I grew up in Texas and now live in the DC Metro area. I'm intimately familiar with both cultures. Like Mikaela said, your perspective is LIMITED. And not just by your Asperger's.

Do yourself a favor.

Travel.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 03:13 PM

35 posts, read 22,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Find conservative women that have Aspergers.
My primary concern at this point of my life is finding someone who doesn’t mind that I’ve never had sex before. If I’m on a first date and she asks the question about “prior relationships” or rants about her ex, I’ve got to be ready for this.

Im sure conservative women with Asperger’s exist, how few they may be. But 99% of women aren’t on the spectrum.

Like I said, on “The Bachelorette”, Becca Kufrin turned down Colton for being a virgin and it didn’t matter how he spinned it. Becca said in the interview that every guy needs “experience this part of life” to be considered “a real man”, so the date was over once Colton confessed about his abstinent lifestyle.

I am almost 25 and if I get confronted with this kind of question, I won’t get far saying “I was busy with grades and work so I couldn’t date”. I don’t run a business or have a 4.0 from an Ivy. Obviously, I will never sad-sack my date about my struggle with depression. The best thing to do is say along the lines, that I’ve never had sex because I was waiting for the right girl to marry since I’m a Christian and God is at the center of my life.

Yes, I go to church and study the Bible on a regular basis so I’m confident in my faith. That’s the major point on why I stick with this political landscape project. Tim Tebow would be turned down over and over again if he tried to date in a progressive area. Virginity is not overrated and I’m not wasting my energy on people who think it is.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:33 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspergersSucks View Post
I am almost 25 and if I get confronted with this kind of question, I won’t get far saying “I was busy with grades and work so I couldn’t date”. I don’t run a business or have a 4.0 from an Ivy. Obviously, I will never sad-sack my date about my struggle with depression. The best thing to do is say along the lines, that I’ve never had sex because I was waiting for the right girl to marry since I’m a Christian and God is at the center of my life.
So you are going to lie?

Old 02-24-2019, 03:43 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
My primary concern at this point of my life is finding someone who doesn’t mind that I’ve never had sex before. If I’m on a first date and she asks the question about “prior relationships” or rants about her ex, I’ve got to be ready for this.

Im sure conservative women with Asperger’s exist, how few they may be. But 99% of women aren’t on the spectrum.

Like I said, on “The Bachelorette”, Becca Kufrin turned down Colton for being a virgin and it didn’t matter how he spinned it. Becca said in the interview that every guy needs “experience this part of life” to be considered “a real man”, so the date was over once Colton confessed about his abstinent lifestyle.

Yes, I go to church and study the Bible on a regular basis so I’m confident in my faith. That’s the major point on why I stick with this political landscape project. Tim Tebow would be turned down over and over again if he tried to date in a progressive area. Virginity is not overrated and I’m not wasting my energy on people who think it is.
Your lack of sexual experience is the least of your problems.

Your biggest roadblock is that you come across as extremely narrow minded and judgmental. If you want to relate to a woman, you need to do some work to open up these walls of ignorance based on .... ... who knows? They are walling you off from the rest of the world.

Travel would help, yes, but if you do travel you need to keep your mouth closed and your ears open, and use your brain like a filter to sort out the ideas you come across.

If you can't travel, you need to invest in good therapy.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:48 AM

35 posts, read 22,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So you are going to lie?
I don’t consider it lying, it’s more about saving face. It would be a lie to say that I’m sexually inexperienced and not a Christian at all. But I am.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:50 AM

11,055 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Quote:
I don’t consider it lying, it’s more about saving face. It would be a lie to say that I’m sexually inexperienced and not a Christian at all. But I am.
Well, if you want to find a like-minded Christian conservative girl, she'll be thrilled you are a virgin. And since you are a Christian, how about following Jesus' mandate to "Judge not, lest you be judged".

You come across as awfully judgmental, and that's what would turn most off, far more than any Asberger's.

If church doesn't get you there, try a MAGA get-together. Sounds like those would be your type.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:52 AM

1,183 posts, read 707,997 times
Quote:

Just FYI the Bible is a pretty awful roadmap for morality. It mentions slavery without condemning it (just think of the human misery that would have been saved in Christian countries if "Thou shalt not enslave any person" was a commandment). Somehow thou shall not covet thine neighbor's ox was more important to include. Apparently outlawing thoughts was more important than outlawing slavery. Also it gives you instructions on how to beat your servant so that you don't have to pay any comeuppance if they die (make sure they die the next day, not the same day) and tells you if you do happen to rape a woman then you should marry her. (Thou shalt not rape is also not a commandment btw. More important not to get involved with graven images).

If you want a guide for moral behavior that puts the Bible and the Koran to shame, then read the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Before you get all high & mighty about society going to hell in a handbasket because people are not following the Bible.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:58 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Well, if you want to find a like-minded Christian conservative girl, she'll be thrilled you are a virgin. .
That's what I'm not getting. If OP is a religious person who really values his faith, nobody is going to force him to date a party girl who sleeps around. If he seeks out an equally religious person, she's going to respect his beliefs, not hold them against him.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:29 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,760,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

Your biggest roadblock is that you come across as extremely narrow minded and judgmental. If you want to relate to a woman, you need to do some work to open up these walls of ignorance based on .... ... who knows? They are walling you off from the rest of the world.
This. A lot of what you've written (and the attitude that comes across with it) will turn off a wide variety of women regardless of the type of man who said it.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:12 PM

6,300 posts, read 4,195,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

Travel would help, yes, but if you do travel you need to keep your mouth closed and your ears open, and use your brain like a filter to sort out the ideas you come across.

If you can't travel, you need to invest in good therapy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology