Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 06:57 PM

577 posts, read 494,013 times

Advertisements

…..……………………………..

Last edited by greglovesoldtrucks; 02-28-2019 at 07:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 07:02 PM

91 posts, read 31,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Yes, i work. I am a fiber/network guy at one of the big three phone companies. I interact with people all day and work long hours. My day is never the same. I may be in the DC Metrorail system this morning working on their radio system and in Baltimore working on Google fiber or Comcast internet transport this afternooon. Work and people isn't a problem. I am an outdoorsy guy with plenty of activities and friends, so that is not the issue either.

Bottom line is I feel like I am working for nothing and I miss my old life. My new life could be much worse as someone mentioned, but you can't buy happiness. I don't consider myself bitter but I am not the happy person i once was. I would probably even talk to the ex if she tried even though she was at fault and drug me through the mud. I just consider myself lost. I keep telling myself it will get better.
This is a courageous thread you've started, and I commend you for that. Ten years is a long time, my friend. Divorce is truly tragic, and its human cost is immeasurable. I want to be sensitive to how you feel but at the same time give you advice you can use. Do you find your career meaningful and fulfilling? This is crucial for men. If you do, then you're not "working for nothing". You're doing something important, and working for your future and the people in your life who you care about.

I know you don't think of yourself as bitter, but I think you may very well be. Ask yourself honestly: If "Mr. Wonderful" disappeared and left your wife miserable, wouldn't that make you feel better? And why? Let her be happy, and understand there's plenty of room for you to be happy as well, and it has nothing to do with her. What if you had every single thing in life that you want? Would you care about her and her life? I don't think you would. Don't predicate your happiness on her misery. Figure out what YOU want, and do what it takes to get it.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:17 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
OP: If your before life was so great, why did it end? Couldn't have been that good, huh?

I thought I had a good marriage and then I got a surprise...Took some time but I started a new life and NEVER wanted marriage again but a lot of bf's and fun and at 81 soon, I have great memories of life after divorce. Life does not wait for us, get on with yours friend.

Divorce doesn't have to be tragic, one door closes and many more open...if you open them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology