Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 12:02 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Does life suck because there are so many bad people in the world? Or is it because we keep electing bad leaders? Or because the education systems don't teach children compassion and kindness?

No. I'll tell you why life sucks (in my opinion). Everything in life is balance and tension. Every animal and every plant, every microorganism, has to struggle to survive.

Organisms cooperate with each other, but there has to be competition also.

This is true in biological systems, but also in our economic and social systems.

This is one reason communism always failed. It is based on the premise that there can be cooperation with no competition.

And it's just as true in psychology and in our relationships. Even in your closest most loving relationships competition has to be involved.

Competition, conflict, even violence, will ALWAYS be part of life. It is NOT the fault of the other political party, or of mental illness or personality disorders.

I don't mean to say that problems can't ever be solved or that we shouldn't even try. Problems can be solved, but there will always be more problems.

Life sucks, and the only way to be happy in this world is to recognize that.

If you want life to suck, it will. It will greet you with open arms. Misery wants company. You are only as happy or unhappy and as vulnerable as you let yourself be. You travel down the dark path, its your fault, no one else to blame but you. You look for dark and dirty that all you will find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2019, 12:09 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
My take...Life Itself is beautiful, pure and wonderful...like a flower
blooming and puppy breath.

Life on earth*, however, is tough ...
(for many...not all).

*(earth: Some on the Other Side refer to as the Psycho Planet.)

Quote:
If you want life to suck, it will. You look for dark and dirty that's all you will find.
Pretty much, yes...it is where you place your focus.
If there is a terribly stinky trash can there..or a rose garden to the right...
you have your choice in front of you. Ta-da!

Old 05-05-2019, 12:09 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Personalities like that make no sense to me, so don't go looking for them or even want to watch them.
For heaven's sake Mikala, there are millions of Americans with TDS! Aren't you curious about why they're like that?

Old 05-05-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Even the Pope put bullet proof glass around him when someone tried to shoot him.

If he isn't eager for Heaven, then I can't see why anyone else would be.
You are obviously not a fan of religion. You don't see religious people killing themselves all over the place because they can't wait for heaven. We are in this life for a reason.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I agree, for the most part - simply because life is not static; but just as competition or conflict are a part of life, so too are contentment, peace, balance. That said, I’m curious what you meant by ‘competition’ has to be involved with our most loving relationships. How so?
Competition is EVERYWHERE, in nature, and we are part of nature.

And I already said cooperation (love, peace, etc.) is necessary also.

There are NO relationships that are 100% cooperation and love, and 0% competition and conflict. Maybe the competition is hidden from the public, or hidden in your subconscious mind.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
If you want life to suck, it will. It will greet you with open arms. Misery wants company. You are only as happy or unhappy and as vulnerable as you let yourself be. You travel down the dark path, its your fault, no one else to blame but you. You look for dark and dirty that all you will find.
I think you only read the title, not the post.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
My take...Life Itself is beautiful, pure and wonderful...like a flower
blooming and puppy breath.

Life on earth*, however, is tough ...
(for many...not all).

*(earth: Some on the Other Side refer to as the Psycho Planet.)
Remember that flowers require dirt and death to grow and be beautiful.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:19 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
For heaven's sake Mikala, there are millions of Americans with TDS! Aren't you curious about why they're like that?
For Heaven's sake G4N, NO!!! /lol

How does either side affect my day-to-day life?

I understand why people don't like Trump, and I understand why some support him. If that is the worst thing in your life, you should be quite content.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-05-2019, 12:21 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
You are obviously not a fan of religion. You don't see religious people killing themselves all over the place because they can't wait for heaven. We are in this life for a reason.
Historically I'm not sure that is totally accurate.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-05-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
For Heaven's sake G4N, NO!!! /lol

How does either side affect my day-to-day life?

I understand why people don't like Trump, and I understand why some support him. If that is the worst thing in your life, you should be quite content.
Unfortunately that is not the worst thing in my life. Did I say it was?

It was supposed to illustrate how people expect life to be perfect, and when it isn't they need someone to blame.

(I don't mean everyone, but many.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology