Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 01:06 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Drive throughs are there for a reason, why would I judge people for using them?

I've never had Chik-fil-a in my life, should I mock you for eating there?
I’m ready to mock a chick fil a choice! Not my first thought though.

I can almost understand using a drive through, it’s just not my thing either. We have legs for a reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 05:17 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
It baffles me, by going in the restaurant (usually McDonalds) I usually beat the drive in line by about 20 minutes. But I'm not obese, obesity has a close relationship with avoidance of any exercise. And the idea of idling pollution into the air (and wasting gas) is appalling to me. When people don't exercise, they don't care about bad air quality, they just want to stay in the A/C.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:40 AM

995 posts, read 510,065 times
I fail to see the point of the drive-thru. When I'm hungry and wanna eat something fast (my sole reason for getting fast food), I want to eat it right then. That means going inside and ordering, so I can get my fresh, hot food on a tray. And I can eat it right then, getting refills on my drink as needed.

In a car, where am I gonna eat? I'm terrible at spilling things and making messes in the car, so having lunch while parked under a tree (if I can find one) just doesn't work for me. Eating and driving? Gosh no, that's about as bad as using the phone while driving. I like not getting into accidents - doesn't everyone?

Most people take their food home, I suppose? Jeeze. If I'm going home, I'll just frigging wait to fix me a sammich at the house - cheaper, tastier and just as fast. Why would I pay eight or nine dollars for cold fries and a lukewarm burger with soggy lettuce? Fast food is tolerable when it's hot and fresh - once that ten-minute shelf-life runs out, it's just plain gross.

Oh, when it comes to Chick-fil-A, the line inside is *always* much shorter than the drive-thru.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:41 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
chickfila has a fast drive thru, the parking usually sucks due to the double lane drive thru

McDonalds- if there are 5+ cars waiting I'll walk in and be driving away before the 6th car gets through the line.

Best one liner: Whenever you see a huge line at a fast food place, I love to say "don't they realize the food really isn't that good?"

Old 08-06-2019, 09:33 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Because I won't leave my dog in a hot car. Because my 6'3", 220 lb autistic 15 year old is combative & bolts in parking lots.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:36 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Gotta admit I've had this thought, too.
I always go in. I'll note the last car in line and see if he's still waiting when I come out.
I'd say it's about 50% of the time it is faster.
Some people ARE lazy, but many people have a good reason for not going in. So thanks for this post.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:36 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post

Most people take their food home, I suppose? Jeeze. If I'm going home, I'll just frigging wait to fix me a sammich at the house - cheaper, tastier and just as fast. Why would I pay eight or nine dollars for cold fries and a lukewarm burger with soggy lettuce? Fast food is tolerable when it's hot and fresh - once that ten-minute shelf-life runs out, it's just plain gross.
I don't know. The food in my house might be healthier, but I can't (and don't have the inclination to) make anything like even warm McDonald's fries.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:23 PM

1,347 posts, read 945,598 times
+1 for (1) child(ren) in the car, especially if in carseat, and (2) no guarantee that inside service will be faster or less chaotic.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:41 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,258,290 times
I don’t mind the drive thru because it gives me a few minutes to think, listen to the radio, or just look around. I know eventually I’ll get there! I really love the Chic Fil A’s that use the green light system for pulling forward. They control the ordering and exactly how the line flows. Great idea!

Old 08-06-2019, 04:28 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
While some are creatures of habit I dare say I've yet to see an "always" or "never" hold true in the entirety of a persons life. Barring the outside the norm. Meaning: I never went to the moon. Well neither did billions of others...they were busy racking up the numbers for mcds to chant how many burgers they served.

I worked fast food years ago...often wondered if the average consumer understood fast doesn't mean instant. The level of impatience continues...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology