Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 05:12 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,431,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
I really like Chick fil A, and I always laugh when the line is super long at chick fil a in the drive thru and people just sit in it still, and choose not to go in to order and take out. I always 95% of the time, go in especially if the line is long at the drive thru. I start to think the people are very lazy, but I know there may be other reasons. I like exercise and it is regularly part of my life, maybe that's why I think it would be good to get out of the cars and walk in and out to order. It may be people are very lazy. What does everybody think? Laughing at chick fil a on the southeast coast....
Why are you laughing?

With the line wrapping around the building TWICE during peak hours, you'd be a fool to think you'd be let out of your parking space so quickly by a good Samaritan. The company has Christian values, but not all the patrons do! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 08:20 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
An infant and toddler in carseats made me a big devotee of accomplishing as much via drive - thru as humanly possible...minimizing the number of dual car seat buckle in and out maneuvers became key, as is not waking a baby who's fallen asleep in the back.

But Chick-fil-A is not one of my frequent spots.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
I fail to see the point of the drive-thru. When I'm hungry and wanna eat something fast (my sole reason for getting fast food), I want to eat it right then. That means going inside and ordering, so I can get my fresh, hot food on a tray. And I can eat it right then, getting refills on my drink as needed.

In a car, where am I gonna eat? I'm terrible at spilling things and making messes in the car, so having lunch while parked under a tree (if I can find one) just doesn't work for me. Eating and driving? Gosh no, that's about as bad as using the phone while driving. I like not getting into accidents - doesn't everyone?

Most people take their food home, I suppose? Jeeze. If I'm going home, I'll just frigging wait to fix me a sammich at the house - cheaper, tastier and just as fast. Why would I pay eight or nine dollars for cold fries and a lukewarm burger with soggy lettuce? Fast food is tolerable when it's hot and fresh - once that ten-minute shelf-life runs out, it's just plain gross.

Oh, when it comes to Chick-fil-A, the line inside is *always* much shorter than the drive-thru.

Taking the meal back to work is a common one.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:34 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,662,714 times
My husband always uses the drive thru at any business he can because he has very limited mobility. If it wasn't for drive thru lanes at restaurants, banks, pharmacies etc. he would be even more housebound then he already is.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:33 AM

7,027 posts, read 4,887,277 times
It's hard for me to walk and stand because of my back. You should see me in line at the grocery store and there I can lean on the cart. Sometimes I have to actually sit down on the floor while waiting to check out because my back hurts so bad. So yeah, if I get fast food I go through the drive-thru.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:50 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
I gotta believe some people are lazy. I see single people or people by themselves rollin through the drive thru too! No babies in sight! You might miss this is you did not go in ! Most always the people in Chick fil A are very nice people....

https://video.foxnews.com/v/58090988...#sp=show-clips
Do we have a 'Weird And Pointless Things To Complain About' board here?

Old 08-07-2019, 05:55 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,909,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
I learned a long time ago, go inside and keep an eye on the food and the people making it. If you can't see it, eat elsewhere. Definitely don't go through the drive-thru.
Yeah, except you don't see your food being made at Chik Fil A, even if you go inside.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:04 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,552,729 times
What I don’t get is when people go through the drive-thru and then eat in their car in the parking lot. If they’re going through the drive-thru, then they’re probably in hurry. Wouldn’t they want to get going then?

Old 08-07-2019, 08:55 AM

1,210 posts, read 887,776 times
Because I like to talk to Jack

Old 08-07-2019, 11:11 AM

1,347 posts, read 944,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
What I don’t get is when people go through the drive-thru and then eat in their car in the parking lot. If they’re going through the drive-thru, then they’re probably in hurry. Wouldn’t they want to get going then?
I've done this. I'm not necessarily in a hurry, I just want to eat in peace (my next destination may not be a convenient place to eat), rather than surrounded by a bunch of loud, inconsiderate diners. Especially the ones using phones/iPads with no headphones turned up to max volume either for themselves or to keep the kids entertained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology