Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 07:55 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times

Advertisements

Already happened in my city several years ago. https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...ston/30598925/

Locally most shootings happens within the drug communities. In the above case a guy from another state traveled to Lafayette Louisiana and began shooting up a theater. This happened in 2015.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 08:24 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,126,656 times
No.

I am Legally armed and just like when I was deployed to Iraq as a Marine I will do what is necessary to protect the innocent and stop the evil.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:49 PM

725 posts, read 805,536 times
I am much more afraid of black/non white latino on white violence than mass shootings of any type as non white latinos and blacks commit a disproportionate of violent crime and 9 times out of 10, violent crimes between blacks and whites is black on white (and not white latino on white). This applies pretty much anywhere whether in Brazil, Paris or Chicago.

Of course I feel most concerned in areas with strict gun control because I know regular citizens will be unarmed and violent criminals and thugs will not be.

It’s also sad that I fear the police more than some random mass shooting as police often escalate and instigate situations, act irrationally and violently and blindly enforce liberal and neo conservative laws that infringe on fundamental freedoms.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:49 AM

6,376 posts, read 5,000,641 times
No. Statistically, the chance of getting caught in one is very, very small. And for some reason, I fear death a lot less if it's going to occur with other people - I mainly don't want to die all alone.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:25 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I’m so afraid that a mentally ill or an otherwise hate-filled person will shoot up my area, and I get so worried about my spouse, sister, niece, nephews (triplets) will be hurt or worse. Why do we have to worry about this so much? Why do people do these things?
I am worried about it.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:33 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
The other day I went to the movies and several of us, all strangers to each other, began discussing how to escape the theater if we needed to. And not because of a fire - in case there was a shooter.

I mean, we were all sort of laughing about it but that fact that it was actually something several of us thought enough about to discuss it with strangers was interesting.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:46 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,328 times
https://nj1015.com/person-shot-crowd...ark-fireworks/

I live 15min West from Asbury Park and go there to watch the Fireworks,, skipped it this year. So you become numb after awhile.

I go to Walmart once a year...if I have too, since it is such a train wreck and feels like another country.

So afraid, not really but concerned since it is our new reality.

Today there was a shootout in Philadelphia trying to issue a narcotics warrant, shootings are regular news today.

When will our government say "Enough Already!"

Old 08-16-2019, 10:13 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,926,636 times
Quote:
I’m so afraid that a mentally ill or an otherwise hate-filled person will shoot up my area, and I get so worried about my spouse, sister, niece, nephews (triplets) will be hurt or worse. Why do we have to worry about this so much? Why do people do these things?
Yes, it can happen to anyone, anywhere. I work at a very busy retail pharmacy where there are soooo many disgruntled customers (many on psych meds!). Everyday I go to work I wonder if someone's going to walk in one day and shoot up the place. Or when I go shopping or go out hiking. You aren't safe anywhere.

The best thing you can do is to value the people you love, spend your time with them knowing that they may be plucked from life at any minute. Don't have stupid fights. My brother and sister-in-law do this a lot and then make up later. I mean stupid things, and they'll say things like I hate you and wish you were dead. Well, what if one day after that trivial squabble one of them does end up dead somehow? The other will live in regret all the days of their life.

One thing I am so thankful to my Saviour Jesus for (it helps a ton if you have faith too!) is that I had no regrets when my husband passed away unexpectedly. He went like that, no chance to say hardly anything to me except a struggling "I love you". Yes, we fought sometimes but it was normal and we didn't have huge fights where we would say hurtful things to each other. In fact, I do not recall saying anything to him that I regret in a fight. I usually would just clam up and stay silent.

Life is a fragile thing. One minute it's there, the next it's gone. Don't take it for granted. I would say "believe upon the Lord Jesus", but many people don't like to hear that. Well, I'll say it anyway. The Lord is the only thing worth living for. Everything else leads to death.

Old 08-18-2019, 04:19 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
This is actually a deep subject. You're never going to learn the real story by watching the news. But many (certainly not all) of these mass shootings are done by people under mind control programming. Yes, mind control is a real thing and it's existed since at least the early 1950s. This is documented stuff, not just conspiracy theory.

There are many agendas behind these mass shootings. One of the largest ones is to spread fear. When people are in a fear state, they are much more likely to give up their personal liberties in the name of 'security'. Of course, they don't understand the very people creating the chaos are the ones promoting the taking away of liberty (gun rights, constant surveillance, etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_xHQOJeY8Q

Old 08-21-2019, 08:02 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times
People are more likely to sic their dogs on me for walking down their street or call some authority because I look suspicious. They are not concerned over mass shooters. People here are more likely to be targets of random crimes, some committed by the recent influx of vagrants, therefore keep their eyes out for anyone who does not fit their view of acceptable in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology