Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 12:36 PM

13,262 posts, read 7,964,930 times

Advertisements

I think the best moment was holding my first child after he was born. I felt like "this is how I know God loves me". It was an incredible feeling to me.

And the worst was the last moment I got to hold my little boy that I gave up for adoption. (Who, by the way, was not my first child.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 12:59 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,685,961 times
Worst - When my wife passed away, I was in a state of shock. When I was in the shop ordering flowers for the viewing, - flowers that she would never see - that struck me like a bolt of lightning, and in that moment my grief was boundless.

Best - When I was 13 my parents decided to move from chilly Chicago to SoCal. As much as I loved the city, I hated delivering my newspapers in freezing temperatures. As our plane was preparing to land in Burbank, I looked out the window and saw sun-drenched mountains, palm trees and dozens of swimming pools. In that moment, I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:18 PM

13,268 posts, read 8,373,876 times
Ongoing best moments are when I am in the presence of my grand daughters. They absolutely validate sheer joy.

Worse moment...the pinnacle stage of grief where every fiber of my being wanted to leave this planet and be with the one I lost. Not before or since have I had that level of intense desire to just "go" to them.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:27 PM

4,846 posts, read 3,620,546 times
Best: Giving birth to my only child, a son.

Worst: When my mother passed away.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:38 PM

4,242 posts, read 942,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
best:
accepted at UNC-CH.
worst:
every time one of our dogs die.
we have had three put down.
tears.
getting#4 tomorrow.
Hello fellow Tarheel! And I'm so sorry about your pups - it is one of the hardest things in the world, to lose a dog you love so dearly.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:44 PM

4,038 posts, read 2,695,453 times
Some of you have been through some really difficult times...I found myself really catching my breath with some of your posts. Heartfelt thoughts for you...

Best: I have a lot of really great moments, but the top ones are; When my son was born, when my G'babies were born

Worst: The call from the CHP on October 6, 2018 telling me that my beautiful son was in a motorcycle accident and that his chance of survival was "slim".

He thankfully beat the odds, although suffering from a TBI. So a lot more of really wonderful BEST moments since then... and still to come.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:00 PM

13,262 posts, read 7,964,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Best: Earning my Master’s degree. For the last year of my program, I completed the degree while working 50-55 hours a week. I was drained for energy throughout. I even lost a relationship over it. But turning in that final paper, I knew I did something that tested me and kicked it’s a$&. All the people who thought all I’d ever be was a degenerate ahole were made liars that day. It felt like I climbed the biggest mountain in the world.

Worst: Watching my father die. Our relationship was very rough. Just the fact of knowing there would be no more chances for us to be cool as he slipped away was heartbreaking. I did say I love him as my final words to him. I to this day have dreams about him where we were cool and drinking beer and eating together. The worst part is waking up and reliving that day on his deathbed to realize he is gone.

That's a huge accomplishment. Huge. Congratulations Dissenter.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:14 PM

17,505 posts, read 17,428,424 times
Best-married my wife
Worst-I’ll let you decide
1. Desert Storm, “missile inbound, all hands brace for impact”
2. Desert Storm, looking down at the water and see a mine float pass right below where you stand.
3. Accidentally electrocuted on a Navy ship because the contractor wired the emergency light backwards.
4. Nearly drowned in the bilges of a navy minesweeper.
5. Or my first night on my first ship hearing grown men screaming in terror from the nightmares they have after the steam leak that killed ten of their friends.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:21 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,197,382 times
Worst moment was being kicked out of my home before i turned 18. My dad gave me a 1963 Corvair that cost $100 and I was told to hit the road.
Best moment was when I first met my wife. Lightening bolts, clap of thunder, love at first sight! An experience I will never forget. May 9, 1975 and we are still together. She still makes my heart beat faster.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:55 PM

23,690 posts, read 9,296,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticseas View Post
Best moment: Getting my first job and paycheck. The feeling of being able to buy anything

Worst moment: Getting robbed by a family member
best moment was when I became a Christian
Worst was losing a whole lot of money in the oil industry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology