Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 10:47 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
It’s kinda hard. I just try to be around good friends a lot which helps .

But you’re human so lack of female acceptance and loneliness is awful no matter what cliche Tony Robbins bullsh1t people on here will say.
Lack of acceptance and loneliness is awful. The white washing business is a secondary attempt to fix things in my opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 12:25 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Nathan View Post
How can a man feel good about himself if he is unattractive to women
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Get attractive. Hit the gym. Dress nice. Walk around with confidence. You're already digging yourself a hole by your negative outlook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Lack of acceptance and loneliness is awful. The white washing business is a secondary attempt to fix things in my opinion
Do the best you can, whatever you do.

I always felt unattractive to women. I was often lonely too. But things changed eventually. I took care of my health and it paid off. I also learned how to be charming. It wasn't easy - I started out with Asperger's. I eventually learned to use it to my advantage. It wasn't easy though. Also, discovering what my problem was helped me to understand and accept myself for what I was. I learned what meager 'attractive' qualities I thought I had and I worked on those.

So hit that gym! I don't have the best body shape but women still admire my strength, as slender as I am.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:56 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
You started the same thread 2 months ago. Did you heade any any advice given to you then?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ve-people.html
Maybe they did HEED the advice...

Perhaps it didn't help and now they are looking for ways to accept their lot.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:21 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:

This reminds me of the 5 levels of personalty development.....where someone reaches only stage 4.

A stage 4 person, without a family or a relationship, can be someone dedicated to his society such as a priest, a forest ranger, a DEA agent.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:52 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
Quote:
Well women have the same problem. Same advice usually gets passed out, be better at other things. People like someone with a sense of humor, that can go a long way. Be good at something, a sport, hobby or profession. Doesn't really help that feeling I know but it can mitigate things and help find a partner. Minor plastic surgery maybe for things like acne scars or conditions like excessive sweating.

And if you are a competent genuinely nice person an unattractive man can find a good life partner easier than an unattractive woman.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:54 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Get attractive. Hit the gym. Dress nice. Walk around with confidence. You're already digging yourself a hole by your negative outlook.

How do you know he's talking about himself? Maybe he's asking for a friend.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:22 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Don't depend on women to provide your sense of self worth in the first place. Excel at your profession, your recreations, your own interests. Get involved with worthy causes that benefit others. You can not only meet women who have that interest in common, but they may well like and respect you for your involvement and you could end up with the meaningful relationship you want. That has nothing to do with physical attraction. Isn't that what's more important anyway?

Like others, I am going to point to this thread.

No just men looking to women for validation, but women looking to men, women looking to other women, men looking to other men... any of that will make you miserable because it's out of your control and you are focused on what others think about you.

I was a nerd in my freshman year in high school, once I learned to not care what anyone else though (girls, guys, the popular kids, parents, etc) I was happy. A few times bullies tried to "pick on the weakling" but it didn't work, because I didn't care what they said about me either. I was happy in my own skin. And you know what, being happy in my own skin not only brought me happiness, but it made me a more confident person who appealed to others (not just the opposite sex although it worked there too). By the time I was a senior, I was actually a bit popular, but I didn't care (and I didn't look down on those who were considered unpopular nor up to those who were considered the elite kids of the school. I treated everyone equally and equally didn't care if they liked me or not... but they did with the exception of a few individuals).

It's not an easy thing to do and I was lucky enough to figure this out when I was a teenager. I think the older one gets and the more set in one's ways, the harder it is to change. But that's what a man needs to do if he's using others to validate himself. He needs to figuratively stand on his own and be happy with himself. And I will add, if you need to find help to do this, there is no shame in that either. My grandparents were instrumental in telling me this stuff. You need to eventually stand on your own, that doesn't mean you turn away people who try to help you get to that point of standing on your own.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:50 AM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
The Bunny Ranch, drinks and a couple of lines of snow?
Hilariously well said!

Old 09-06-2019, 03:40 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,303,738 times
OP,

Agree!

Old 09-06-2019, 04:00 PM

330 posts, read 178,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How can a woman feel good about herself, if she's unattractive to men? There's more to life than attracting a mate, though I'll grant you that's kind of a biggie, in the list of priorities. Gather some good friends around you, and devote time to developing your other interests. What other option do you have?
Why do people always think it's easy to "gather good friends"? Especially as an adult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology