Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 10:11 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthinkpinkxo View Post
Thanks everyone, do you think he's doing this intentionally and strategically? That's the confusing thing. He is a decent guy, I mean we dated for awhile, he treated me good and he isn't a player type. So it's hard to now think of him as this jerk that is just trying to get laid.
As I said: Only sleep with men when the relationship is secure and committed. I understand that women that need affirmation get very loving; but you must protect yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Why did you have to throw in "Learn to respect yourself"? Why shame her?

But OP, you need to clarify in your mind, what you want. If you're OK with him coming around once in awhile, fine. But, I think you'd be happier in the long run, and YOU'LL be in charge, if you own that decision.
See bold------ It means: Only have sex when you are in an exclusive committed relationship.

Old 10-02-2019, 10:30 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
See bold------ It means: Only have sex when you are in an exclusive committed relationship.

That's what YOU think "respect yourself" means. I tend to think of it as being clear about what you want.

Old 10-02-2019, 10:46 AM

720 posts, read 429,008 times
Personally I don't really get why you are angry at him. If you want to never speak to him again, just tell him exactly that.
If you feel like you want to unload also, tell him that you are looking for something else and don't want any contact.

Do you still have feelings for him? He is offering something very specific, and if it's not enough for you, then you have to just accept it and move on. Maybe he has some feelings but is too insecure to follow up on what you two had.

It doesn't matter WHAT his reasons are, you and him are no longer together and have different needs. Don't get carried away by his interest in you. People who want to be a part of your life, are clear about it.
Live your life at your own pace and do the thing that you want. No regrets.

Old 10-02-2019, 10:59 AM

408 posts, read 431,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohangr View Post
Personally I don't really get why you are angry at him. If you want to never speak to him again, just tell him exactly that.
If you feel like you want to unload also, tell him that you are looking for something else and don't want any contact.

Do you still have feelings for him? He is offering something very specific, and if it's not enough for you, then you have to just accept it and move on. Maybe he has some feelings but is too insecure to follow up on what you two had.

It doesn't matter WHAT his reasons are, you and him are no longer together and have different needs. Don't get carried away by his interest in you. People who want to be a part of your life, are clear about it.
Live your life at your own pace and do the thing that you want. No regrets.
Thank you; yeah I do have some feelings there, I can't help it except to logically I understand I have to move on, so the no contact is necessary to eventually erase those feelings. I get what everyone is saying about the sex -- I shouldn't have done it without commitment established first. Just have to do that next time.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthinkpinkxo View Post
Thank you; yeah I do have some feelings there, I can't help it except to logically I understand I have to move on, so the no contact is necessary to eventually erase those feelings. I get what everyone is saying about the sex -- I shouldn't have done it without commitment established first. Just have to do that next time.
I suggest hermetic absolute no contact and you will get him out of your head. Periodic occasional contact will keep the longing alive. It is like an alcoholic trying to quit but still having a drink on a regular basis.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:42 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Sounds like he's horny again and hoping you'll accommodate like the last time.
Lots of divorced couples maintain a sexual relationship long after the marriage is over. It's pretty common. There are worse ways to spend a Saturday night. If the OP is not down with that, she needs to make it clear.

Her choice.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:56 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
As I said: Only sleep with men when the relationship is secure and committed. I understand that women that need affirmation get very loving; but you must protect yourself.
Don't you think that's a little rigid? Women enjoy sex too, and often have sex with guys they would never live with. It's a matter of personal choice, not rules and regulations. The world is full of women who would love to have a personable guy available for a booty call, then show him out after the second cup of coffee in the morning.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:40 PM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Don't you think that's a little rigid? Women enjoy sex too, and often have sex with guys they would never live with. It's a matter of personal choice, not rules and regulations. The world is full of women who would love to have a personable guy available for a booty call, then show him out after the second cup of coffee in the morning.
Sure, but I feel that OP wants more than that...

Old 10-02-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
You are clever. Men have been preaching this theme since the women's lib era of the 1960s. And it has paid well and with high dividends. Now guys only have to put in minimal effort to get a woman to sleep with them. IN the old days a guy really had to court a woman, there was such a thing as going steady. The sexual revolution benefited men much more than women, no doubt.

But, now we are seeing the ME TOO movement and there may be a tendency to go back to Victorian times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology