Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 03:19 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,444,730 times

Advertisements

Yes he honestly thought he could get away with it.
Yes three lives impeded his long term life plan.
Yes the lady he deceived is marred by all this "after the fact" revelation.

Take your passion for injustice and use it for good OP.
You gotta lot of regrouping to do. Stick to working on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 06:17 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
https://womencountusa.org/

Unfortunately this is fairly common. Man murders wife or domestic partner, and maybe her/their kids too, in order to start "fresh" with a new woman. Sometimes men murder their wives out of jealousy or anger. But often the murders are planned. And there is an epidemic of domestic violence. Have a look at the link I posted. I follow this site on FB. You would be amazed at all the ways men kill women, usually women they "love."

Chris Watts is not that unique unfortunately. He is following a timeworn template. What goes through the mind of someone like this? He wants what he wants. He wants it so badly, he regards his family as disposable. These guys who plan these murders are seldom as clever as they think, either.

He'll never be free again. I expect that he regrets his actions NOW. I cannot imagine that he does not remember the pleas of his children, or their struggles to escape him. So, he does suffer I think. But I have no sympathy for him.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:35 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,247 times
He’s a narcissist and a psychopath. He can justify anything to himself.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:31 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
I guess if the piece on the side had been better looking, the murders would have been more understandable to the OP.

Old 10-06-2019, 08:51 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,145,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
He’s a narcissist and a psychopath. He can justify anything to himself.
I get this point, but I found it amazing that he did just about nothing to cover his tracks. His wife's cell phone and car were at home. He left a bed sheet in the field where the bodies were found. He called his kids' preschool to disenroll them. Besides that he had tons of traceable texts to his girlfriend and his neighbor had clear video of him leaving the house with the bodies. I just don't understand where his mind left reality.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:51 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,017,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
I thought the story was that he told the mistress from the get-go that he and his wife were getting a divorce and he was looking for an apartment. I know the mistress did google his wife the year before so she must have had her eye on him or at least piqued interest. Seems like she would have easily seen his wife's social media pages with all of the happy, glowing posts and pictures of the family though. The lightbulb and alarm bells should have certainly then gone off that something was amiss with the divorce, bad marriage narrative he was spinning to her. I don't really blame the mistress though since there's a good possibility that she simply got tangled up in Watt's ongoing web of lies.

I don't know. If she did indeed know that he was married, that's all she needed to know. I'll blame her to THAT extent.

But it should've sent a chill when she found out he killed his wife and kids...

Old 10-07-2019, 10:59 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,678,904 times
I think I remember seeing older pics of Chris Watt as huge. Not that it should matter, but it seems that Chris got super thin and muscular, and the wife stayed chubby. Chris could've just broken up with the wife and left the kids alone. But, he selfishly wanted a good life with only monetary benefits and looks and an appearance of being the guy doing well around. He was possibly bad a managing money as it took him awhile to get around it seems from what I remember reading. What a waste of otherwise someone who should've been a good member of society. I'd conjecture that Chris's looks right befor he got arrested solely would be attractive to most people (aside from the disgusting acts he performed.)

Old 10-07-2019, 11:30 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,969,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
So he starts a relationship with some ugly skank, cheats on his wife, kills her and his kids. What the freaking hell is a piece of garbage like him thinking? Did he honestly think he could get away with it, and now in prison do you think he still think killing his wife and kids for an ugly ass hoe was worth it? Why not just get a divorce and spend the rest of his life with the skank? Admittedly I have never been married or had kids but geez, but if I were to cheat I'd at least make the woman I am cheating with was at least as attractive as the woman I was with rather than some ugly hoe.

I hope he spends the rest of his days in prison getting his ass reamed by bubba and bubba jr.
I had to do some researching on this one because I thought Carl Watts was on the table
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Eugene_Watts
and he's thankfully dead. But I was wondering what would bring him to the surface. In some of my circles, before he conveniently died, there was a fear that he might get out on a technicality and then what?

While I am not an assassin, going after such a man in such a situation does present an interesting scenario in that he doesn't need to be killed but just put in a wheelchair.

To the Watts in question, it probably falls into the mental concept of "If I can't have you, no one can have you!". Then there is the concept of that they don't want the family to live in the world to come, such as with the Goebbels and their children. He might have told his wife during her murder that he was going to kill her children to increase her suffering; it is a common "device" in domestic violence cases.

One "interesting" thing is that these murders were airway killings. The possible avenue with airway killings is that the killer decides when the victim is going to die and they can stretch it out as they please.

As far as whether he thought he would get away with it, well, lots of people seem to be out of touch with reality.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:03 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
I get this point, but I found it amazing that he did just about nothing to cover his tracks. His wife's cell phone and car were at home. He left a bed sheet in the field where the bodies were found. He called his kids' preschool to disenroll them. Besides that he had tons of traceable texts to his girlfriend and his neighbor had clear video of him leaving the house with the bodies. I just don't understand where his mind left reality.
He just thought he was too smart to get caught and the ends justified the means. He’s not a rational or normal person. He can blame them in his mind because they were stopping him from getting what he wanted. He also thinks he’s normal and can’t see himself as a monster. To him, he’s just a person who removed an inconvenience from his life.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:39 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,969,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
He just thought he was too smart to get caught and the ends justified the means. He’s not a rational or normal person. He can blame them in his mind because they were stopping him from getting what he wanted. He also thinks he’s normal and can’t see himself as a monster. To him, he’s just a person who removed an inconvenience from his life.

That they can't see that they aren't normal.

Two things. There was a poorly made serial killer flick, where the femme fatale teamed up with the experienced male and at one point, she suffers a mini meltdown, "Don't call me crazy, that's what my ex called me!" to which he responds....."Well, neither one of us is really playing with a full deck.".

It was what made the movie memorable that such a killer would realize the basic truth of the matter.

In reality, theoretically, when a rash of killings stop for no known reason, one of the explanations is that the killer realized how sick they are and they put an end to themselves. Theoretically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology