Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 04:02 AM

151 posts, read 133,273 times

Advertisements

Is this common for you guys? Could this be some type of condition?

I can get pretty cranky and mean at night but as SOON AS I wake up - I’m the nicest sweetest most generous person around. Is this normal? This is the case just about every day of my life.

I live with my significant other and they actually do give on my nerves at times so my “crankiness” is usually justified. However, I’m just ridiculously forgiving when I wake up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 04:23 AM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Are you sleeping enough? Perhaps you are too tired at night and show some symptoms of sleep deprivation. Maybe you should go earlier to bed and have some happy times with your SO?
Or maybe you are unhappy with your SO, and the unhappiness accumulates during the day to get unbearable at late evenings. In the morning you're well rested and more prone to forgiveness...
Try to fix your issues with your SO and see if that helps.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:57 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
No. I am uncommunicative and droopy early in the morning. I gruadually wake up over a cup or two of coffee. I have to sit and get together.

When I worked, I tended to wake up as I drove in. I think I drove to work on autopilot. By the time I got to work I was ready to go. Now that I am retired, I wake up in a recliner with a cup of coffee and my IPad. Midmorning I am at my peak.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:29 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,267,922 times
While it could be due to health reasons, I'm sure you know that everybody is different. There is no right or wrong sleep pattern. Of course the most common is being awake during the day. But there are a number of people who would choose wide awake at 3am, even if they were not sleep deprived. I am close to that. If left alone I would go to bed at 3am and wake at 10am. Outside of than that, I am a chore to deal with in the early morning, but I am fabulously awesome and at the peak of creativity at 11pm.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:04 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
No. I am uncommunicative and droopy early in the morning. I gruadually wake up over a cup or two of coffee. I have to sit and get together.

When I worked, I tended to wake up as I drove in. I think I drove to work on autopilot. By the time I got to work I was ready to go. Now that I am retired, I wake up in a recliner with a cup of coffee and my IPad. Midmorning I am at my peak.
I'm the same way. I'm NOT a morning person really. Although I've ALWAYS been an early riser. But that was so I could get some alone time, in a house of 7 people growing up. The early bird gets the hot water, so to speak.

When I was in my early 20's, my sister and I lived together. One time she and I were getting ready for work in the morning, both of us in the bathroom, putting our make up on. Lordy, she was chatty that morning. Talking talking talking, needing a response.

Finally I just looked at her and said "KT, it's too early for you to be talking so much...can you please stop?" Well, she got offended, (rightly so probably) but I just could not deal that early in the morning. LOL

Old 10-17-2019, 02:54 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'm the same way. I'm NOT a morning person really. Although I've ALWAYS been an early riser. But that was so I could get some alone time, in a house of 7 people growing up. The early bird gets the hot water, so to speak.

When I was in my early 20's, my sister and I lived together. One time she and I were getting ready for work in the morning, both of us in the bathroom, putting our make up on. Lordy, she was chatty that morning. Talking talking talking, needing a response.

Finally I just looked at her and said "KT, it's too early for you to be talking so much...can you please stop?" Well, she got offended, (rightly so probably) but I just could not deal that early in the morning. LOL
Yes early in the morning, I collect my thoughts, drink my coffee and generally enjoy time online. I feel cheated when I have to get up early and immediately have to get moving.

Oh the trials of a 1st world, retired person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology