Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2019, 02:10 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times

Advertisements

Happs, have you noticed that not a single person agrees with you sending anything to the neighbors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2019, 06:46 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happs View Post
I am not in over my head with the HOA issues. There is obviously a political and social dynamic to an HOA, that may be compounded by cliques, people who don't want any change, people who want to overlook enforcing rules so no one gets offended, etc.. HOAs are the norm in most cities now.
Your last sentence proves how out of touch with reality you are.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:51 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,156,102 times
Every time I revisit this thread I think of the Seinfeld "take the pen!" episode. You know, when Jerry goes down to Florida to visit his parents, and is introduced to their busy-body elderly male neighbor. Good stuff.

Old 11-25-2019, 01:35 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,514,057 times
Quote:
The aggressor neighbor is the one who starts email "wars." The HOA manager advised the Board not to enter into these email debates. Some homeowners have responded that they want harmony and for all of us to get along. I agree with this sentiment. I also think it is important for homeowners to know what happened to me, hence the dilemna.
He can send emails to whoever he likes, but it only becomes a war when you respond. Let. It. Go.

So what if he comes to every single HOA meeting for the next 20 years to complain about the dang light? He complained before and they still put the light up. He clearly doesn’t have the votes to have the light removed. So let him rant about it and get all agitated over something that he doesn’t have support for, and see how far it gets him.

Surely you have better things to do with your time than this. If you don’t, can I suggest you go and volunteer at some homeless shelters this week and get a reality check on what true hardship is.

Old 11-25-2019, 01:43 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
He can send emails to whoever he likes, but it only becomes a war when you respond. Let. It. Go.

So what if he comes to every single HOA meeting for the next 20 years to complain about the dang light? He complained before and they still put the light up. He clearly doesn’t have the votes to have the light removed. So let him rant about it and get all agitated over something that he doesn’t have support for, and see how far it gets him.

Surely you have better things to do with your time than this. If you don’t, can I suggest you go and volunteer at some homeless shelters this week and get a reality check on what true hardship is.
It's part of HOA living. Here there are some people who go to every meeting to repeat the same complaints over and over. It's not a big deal. Often, it's funny. Like with the leaves. And ACORNS, one person. We have too many. Another person wants the squirels removed. It's crazy and it's ignored, but we DO have to listen to it.

Happs, you don't have to mount a defense about the light. Or discredit him like you seem to be concerned with. The decision was made, and it is there. Listen to him complain at meetings and then go think about something other than the HOA!

I never understand people who live and breath a freaking HOA.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:04 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,295 times
I am an HOA board member. In our association, we would have no involvement whatsoever in a physical assault case. That is a criminal matter that should be handled by the police. We would not advise a resident one way or the other about filing charges.

Old 12-04-2019, 02:35 AM

1,315 posts, read 3,228,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It's part of HOA living. Here there are some people who go to every meeting to repeat the same complaints over and over. It's not a big deal. Often, it's funny. Like with the leaves. And ACORNS, one person. We have too many. Another person wants the squirels removed. It's crazy and it's ignored, but we DO have to listen to it.

Happs, you don't have to mount a defense about the light. Or discredit him like you seem to be concerned with. The decision was made, and it is there. Listen to him complain at meetings and then go think about something other than the HOA!

I never understand people who live and breath a freaking HOA.

Since my neighbor has a "winning is everything" mentality akin to sports, he doesn't take losing lightly. I am not going to show intellectual weakness and will defend the light at meetings.

Old 12-04-2019, 02:54 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,812,682 times
Quote:
Since my neighbor has a "winning is everything" mentality akin to sports, he doesn't take losing lightly. I am not going to show intellectual weakness and will defend the light at meetings.
You and your neighbor sound like you have a lot in common!

Old 12-04-2019, 02:58 AM

1,315 posts, read 3,228,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
You and your neighbor sound like you have a lot in common!

He wants to play the "winning is everything" game and not promote harmony like most of the community desires.

Old 12-04-2019, 06:01 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:
But you already have... pages and pages of weakness.

Let. It. Go. or file a police report. Those are you’re only viable options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology