Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 02:43 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,186,003 times

Advertisements

I've never felt bad being a man. My wife says I'm an alpha male (whatever that is). In social situations, I'm very comfortable. I enjoy interacting with people, men and women, boys and girls. I've been told that I grew up in a family with a dominant mother and an unavailable father that could promote gayness, but I think that is BS. I've been attracted to females for 60 years, and luckily found the perfect mate early on.

I hope that you can come to realize how valuable you are. Everyone has something to offer society and you do too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 02:51 PM

6,277 posts, read 4,141,360 times
Is this some kind of provocative trolling? I get why some feel they were born the wrong gender but your reasoning is so rooted in mysogynistic stereotypes about women that it makes me wonder if you need to seek therapy or your trolling.

In answer to your question, no I've never wanted to be a man, however I have always wanted the same wages as a man for the same work, and the same opportunities professionally.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:07 PM

2,086 posts, read 1,403,585 times
As a child I always envied the boys their strength (esp. upper body), their speed, that superior batting arm/throwing arm, better aim, better stamina, better lung capacity. Most were better coordinated and could jump higher, too. The boys could run faster and further, play ball better, swim better and further, hike further, carry a bigger load, were stronger and faster and I envied that. I was a decent athlete and participated in all sports but still wanted to be able to do what the boys could do. We need look only to trans women competing in women's athletic events who are taking estrogen and testosterone suppressor medications to realize that such former men are still superior to even the best of the women athletes. I still wish I had an upper body strength that approached that of a man.

I also don't have that linear/mechanical mind that men tend to have which makes them better at "fixing things" when something breaks.

When it comes to defending oneself, men have a very clear advantage there.

Men command authority more so than women i.e. both men and women respect the authority of men much more so than they do of women.

Men can easily get along with less intensive grooming than women. Men only need to be clean, dressed neatly and well groomed to be presentable. Their wardrobes are usually less extensive and less complicated. Much more is expected of women to achieve the same results and their wardrobes and accessories can be very complicated. Women compete much more among themselves for the attention of a man and go to much more trouble to be attractive to men than the converse.

Men do not have to endure and deal with an issue of blood from their nether regions every month for 50 years or so, accompanied by varying degrees of discomfort and accidents that stain their underwear with a bloody mess at the most inopportune times.

Women lose some of their inherent "worth" to society once they reach a certain age. Men "mature" with aging and retain their value; women just "get old" and remain valuable only in their own families.

And......maybe best of all......men can pee standing up behind a bush without peeing all over their clothing!!!

Old 11-17-2019, 03:12 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,203,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
men have been neutered for 40 yrs in the media and culture...

women get all the breaks...from elementary school...most of the teachers were women that favored girls...….and later on...they 100% decide if they have a date....a guy is told no 1000 times to a womans 0 or 1

women with all their independence and equality still refuse to approach a guy to ask them out... (most) how much life would be easier if they did..

but overall im fine being a man.... ive seen multiple women have severe pms and look like the exorcist…. girl .... bile and all.....
Well I'm not young turning 60 next month. But going to school for me .... This was true. Not sure today?

I had a terrible puberty in told nothing as more a loner. Then not having a Father who first was .... but his issues in life making him a alcoholic (not a god one to my mother or me when coming home drunk) helped nothing In my adolescence. He did change. But the damage was done and resentment. I long forgave well before his death as I understood more a MANS ISSUES he endures as my wife expected me to pay the bills and she worked for her buying.

But uf I ever had a chance ( fantasy yes) to do it all again? I'd rather be a Female that time around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Yet they can’t seem to hit the toilet and pee all over the floor. Stand close guys.... it’s not as long as you think it is.
OK .... I never had this problem.
Mornings and middle of the night. I usually sat half asleep anyway . Older now especially. ⤵⤵⤵⤵

Last edited by DavePa; 11-17-2019 at 03:20 PM..

Old 11-17-2019, 03:12 PM

11,098 posts, read 7,840,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
As a child I always envied the boys their strength (esp. upper body), their speed, that superior batting arm/throwing arm, better aim, better stamina, better lung capacity. Most were better coordinated and could jump higher, too. The boys could run faster and further, play ball better, swim better and further, hike further, carry a bigger load, were stronger and faster and I envied that. I was a decent athlete and participated in all sports but still wanted to be able to do what the boys could do. We need look only to trans women competing in women's athletic events who are taking estrogen and testosterone suppressor medications to realize that such former men are still superior to even the best of the women athletes. I still wish I had an upper body strength that approached that of a man.

I also don't have that linear/mechanical mind that men tend to have which makes them better at "fixing things" when something breaks.

When it comes to defending oneself, men have a very clear advantage there.

Men command authority more so than women i.e. both men and women respect the authority of men much more so than they do of women.

Men can easily get along with less intensive grooming than women. Men only need to be clean, dressed neatly and well groomed to be presentable. Their wardrobes are usually less extensive and less complicated. Much more is expected of women to achieve the same results and their wardrobes and accessories can be very complicated. Women compete much more among themselves for the attention of a man and go to much more trouble to be attractive to men than the converse.

Men do not have to endure and deal with an issue of blood from their nether regions every month for 50 years or so, accompanied by varying degrees of discomfort and accidents that stain their underwear with a bloody mess at the most inopportune times.

And......maybe best of all......men can pee standing up behind a bush without peeing all over their clothing!!!
Yet they can’t seem to hit the toilet and pee all over the floor. Stand close guys.... it’s not as long as you think it is.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:28 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,302,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
I very much do.

Being a man sucks. I wish I had been born female, which is the valuable gender in the society.

Men look at women. Women look at other women.

Men dress for women. Women dress for other women.

Desperate men who want to have Mod cut. are not at the same level as women.

Women are a hell lot chosier than men while men are desperare. Women rule. 100 men chase one girl.

A man shares his photo on facebook, a few likes he gets. A woman shares her photo on facebook, 100 likes she gets.

Why not wish I had been born female, the valuable gender?

Edit:

When I was younger ( teenager), I was walking with my mother. I was looking at a girl around my age while walking. And she was looking at my mother. Lol. Not me but my mother. She would never look at me but she had to "x ray" my mother. Lol.
To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with being male. However, I admit that I do have an unusual experience as a male.

Even with women having experiences as you describe it, they are also more vulnerable and susceptible to harassment, sexual violence, and many different forms of oppression. It is very dangerous for women.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:37 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,891,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
I very much do.

Being a man sucks. I wish I had been born female, which is the valuable gender in the society.

Men look at women. Women look at other women.

Men dress for women. Women dress for other women.

Desperate men who want to have Mod cut. are not at the same level as women.

Women are a hell lot chosier than men while men are desperare. Women rule. 100 men chase one girl.

A man shares his photo on facebook, a few likes he gets. A woman shares her photo on facebook, 100 likes she gets.

Why not wish I had been born female, the valuable gender?

Edit:

When I was younger ( teenager), I was walking with my mother. I was looking at a girl around my age while walking. And she was looking at my mother. Lol. Not me but my mother. She would never look at me but she had to "x ray" my mother. Lol.
You wish you were a woman so that men and women would look at you and like you for how you look and dress? If it's that simple, put on a dress, a wig and some make-up and wait to be adored!

Old 11-17-2019, 04:35 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,507,466 times
Here we go again. Another one of those male posters who seem to think that living as a woman means you have the world at your feet. People can argue until they're blue in the face about the positives and negatives of being either gender and no one will win that argument. I'll just say I think the OP is extremely naive and ignorant regarding this subject and doesn't have a clue.

To answer the question, I'm a man and my answer is no.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:39 PM

6,277 posts, read 4,141,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
You wish you were a woman so that men and women would look at you and like you for how you look and dress? If it's that simple, put on a dress, a wig and some make-up and wait to be adored!

Lol there ya go,

Old 11-17-2019, 05:00 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,302,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Go on a treasure hunt for some unique men's style. I found some clothing with unique designs that have given me attention and admiration from women. But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
Here we go again. Another one of those male posters who seem to think that living as a woman means you have the world at your feet. People can argue until they're blue in the face about the positives and negatives of being either gender and no one will win that argument. I'll just say I think the OP is extremely naive and ignorant regarding this subject and doesn't have a clue.

To answer the question, I'm a man and my answer is no.
A lot of those posters are mad about their struggle and they want to blame something for their issue...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology