Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2019, 08:32 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't think you know what being a man is. Being a man is being able to do what is necessary to fulfill your responsibilites, especially the ones you create. It takes willpower, dilligence, perseverance and a lot of self sacrifice. Being a man has nothing to do with conforming to views.

Anything else is just a life support system for a nut sack.

Some people may not consider me important. I know several people who would strongly disagree and they're what really matters to me. Society can kiss my ass.
There's an animal thing, sociobiology, that says dominant females are attracted to dominant males. It is about the Man, not male.

"Life support system for a nut sack" is an interesting way to categorize "male." No wonder so many men want to be pseudo women - they are nuts, mentally deranged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2019, 08:44 PM

838 posts, read 565,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Men do have to plan for children before 50 because of that prostate thing. Time runs out for male and female at about the same age.

The invention of the birth control pill ensured that men and women can do whatever they want without conforming to anyone's views.

Eh. That's not a gender thing.
Its not a priority for us though that's my entire point, Most Men aren't raised being told "you need to find a suitor by x age, settle-down etc." It is a gender thing because ultimately is a biological constraint for needing to take ie; birth control.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:44 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
Sorry that you've had that experience, Any man who truly wants to train themselves to be great at 'pull-out' can; Sadly we have many who simply don't care or think they should which leads to a lot of 'idiots'.

Not exactly sure what you're rant was all about but meh.
Experience? You don’t have to experience something to know that it’s stupid. Speaking of stupid... using the “pull out” method is akin to playing Russian roulette. Maybe you should have a talk with your dad or retake sex education 101, or better yet, remedial sex education..... while you’re still a Virgin and before getting yourself in trouble.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Experience? You don’t have to experience something to know that it’s stupid. Speaking of stupid... using the “pull out” method is akin to playing Russian roulette. Maybe you should have a talk with your dad or retake sex education 101, or better yet, remedial sex education..... while you’re still a Virgin and before getting yourself in trouble.
Why do you imply the pull-out isn't done using a condom? A condom is 98% effective + pull-out 78% that's over 100% effectiveness combined, Once again yay for being a Male right?

Its interesting that you perceive a Man being a 'virgin' a bad thing, FYI i'm not but if i was it wouldn't bother me nor should it bother you. So what was your rationale for even bringing it up?

Old 11-24-2019, 08:57 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Its not a priority for us though that's my entire point, Most Men aren't raised being told "you need to find a suitor by x age, settle-down etc." It is a gender thing because ultimately is a biological constraint for needing to take ie; birth control.
No one needs to find a "suitor" at any age. Old fashioned red neck men have a funny idea that women need to "settle down" and find a "suitor." Presumably a "suitor" is the man who will knock her up and maybe marry her.

Gender is a factor when men think that women need to "settle down."

Old men are not telling their sons to settle down and find a suitor, but they are saying this to their daughters. Who is the problem: men, or women?

Old 11-24-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
No one needs to find a "suitor" at any age. Old fashioned red neck men have a funny idea that women need to "settle down" and find a "suitor." Presumably a "suitor" is the man who will knock her up and maybe marry her.

They don't HAVE to but this is an ingrained societal tradition that has been taught all across generations, Goes almost all the way-back since the beginning of time.

Old 11-24-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:

Old men are not telling their sons to settle down and find a suitor, but they are saying this to their daughters. Who is the problem: men, or women?
Where is the daughters mother in this scenario? I'll wait.

Old 11-24-2019, 09:16 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,306,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
That was interesting, thanks for the link. If the second experience is actually how most cis men see the world, then I wonder if I should get my T checked (not to "fix" myself, just out of curiosity). Because I don't relate to that at all - I've never had trouble making friends with people I find attractive, and I don't see people or situations as inherently sexual unless there's actual nudity involved.

I did find physics more engaging in high school than bio or chem, but I don't see how that would connect to testosterone - I just thought the concepts were more interesting because you can imagine objects and forces interacting, it's not abstract like with chemical reactions between random elements or how different parts of the cell respond to things. I guess maybe testosterone increases spatial intelligence and this makes physics easier to visualize?
I don't know if you ever read "Gay Straight and the Reason Why" by Simon LeVay. He is a gay neuroscientist at the Salk Institute and the question he was trying to address is assuming there is a genetic basis for homosexuality, how do these genes persist in the population. He argues that there is likely at least two forms of homosexuality. One type is what he described as situational homosexuality. There are men in prisons, students at all male British boarding schools and in cultures that are highly restrictive of female sexuality like the Taliban and in all these situations there are some men will situationally have sex with other men when they are unable to find women to have sex with. But when you put them in environments where there are women around they can form successful relationships with women. This is also what Lisa Diamond would call sexual fluidity. Its unclear what the share of the population is sexually fluid. Lisa Diamond is doing that research right now, but depending on how you define homosexual activity like kissing other women, having a one night stand with another woman it might be 30% of women and she thinks this number might be just as high for men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay,_S...the_Reason_Why
https://www.amazon.com/Gay-Straight-.../dp/0190297379

But there is a second type of homosexuals who can't change. An example of this version of homosexuality are the homosexuals who are highly devout Christians who sincerely want to change their sexual orientation and will seek out conversion therapy programs and the results are awful with stories like this. Their homosexuality isn't fluid at all.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-...-to-community/

Well Simon LeVay argues is that what happens in this situation is during week 12 of a pregnancy there is normally a testosterone surge in males that sexually reorganizes the brain and makes them males and in women there is normally a surge of estrogen that helps feminize female brains. If there is no testosterone surge we all default to women, its why males have nipples. But sometimes that process doesn't go according to plan. If a female fetus gets some testosterone or these fetus don't process these hormones correctly any of these types of processes well you can start getting gay men, lesbians, transgendered folks and all those other acronyms that I can't keep track of. But this is likely how this second non situational category of homosexuality gets created.

There is also a mini-puberty that newborns normally go through and what is happening prenatally in week 12 likely is effecting that as well.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.o...-1301.full.pdf

I am assuming your homosexuality isn't situational at all. Assuming LeVay is right and I think he probably is, there may be parts of your biology that weren't fully masculinized in the exact same way a straight male might have been. What matters isn't necessarily your t levels today as much as your t levels and your estrogen levels prenatally in week 12 that was when your brain likely was being sexually organized as gay.

As to why does exclusive homosexuality persist, if you look at sickle cell anemia, if you have one copy of that gene, you have protection against malaria, if you have two copies you have the disease. Well LeVay argues that the genes involved in making someone situationally homosexual at higher frequencies may make them exclusively homosexual.

Old 11-24-2019, 09:41 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Why do you imply the pull-out isn't done using a condom? A condom is 98% effective + pull-out 78% that's over 100% effectiveness combined, Once again yay for being a Male right?

Its interesting that you perceive a Man being a 'virgin' a bad thing, FYI i'm not but if i was it wouldn't bother me nor should it bother you. So what was your rationale for even bringing it up?
Lol...I am sure you were talking about using a condom and pulling out.
I didn’t say or imply that there was anything wrong with being a Virgin...sorry if I struck a nerve. My bad!

Old 11-24-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Lol...I am sure you were talking about using a condom and pulling out.
I didn’t say or imply that there was anything wrong with being a Virgin...sorry if I struck a nerve. My bad!
but...but why would it strike any nerve? Please spare me the cattiness and actually provide a concise answer, As opposed to an emotionally driven one.
Your responses seem juvenile, Whats next? I have small hands/small penis, go on indulge me.

Last edited by Drkness; 11-24-2019 at 10:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology