Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 02:33 AM

3,170 posts, read 1,272,041 times

Advertisements

I very much do.

Being a man sucks. I wish I had been born female, which is the valuable gender in the society.

Men look at women. Women look at other women.

Men dress for women. Women dress for other women.

Desperate men who want to have Mod cut. are not at the same level as women.

Women are a hell lot chosier than men while men are desperare. Women rule. 100 men chase one girl.

A man shares his photo on facebook, a few likes he gets. A woman shares her photo on facebook, 100 likes she gets.

Why not wish I had been born female, the valuable gender?

Edit:

When I was younger ( teenager), I was walking with my mother. I was looking at a girl around my age while walking. And she was looking at my mother. Lol. Not me but my mother. She would never look at me but she had to "x ray" my mother. Lol.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-17-2019 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language; circumventing the filter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 04:25 AM

1,045 posts, read 758,454 times
Only time I wish I were a man is when I'm waving the red flag.

Old 11-17-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Only time I wish I were a man is when I'm waving the red flag.
How lucky you are to have been born female.

Old 11-17-2019, 08:04 AM

3,948 posts, read 2,571,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
How lucky you are to have been born female.
How lucky you were to be born yourself.

That said, it was not until I was 25 or so that I felt comfortable being myself. At the time I lived in a little town in central WI. I distinctly remember sitting on my green couch, a scratchy green couch. It was not mine but parts of landlords furniture.

The reason I remember this memory is I had been feeling frustrated at myself and remembered how it was growing up in the town that I didn't like with kids I didn't fit with. But as I felt the feelings I realized that I had internalized the out-of-place feelings. I thought that those feelings were mine, but they were from outside myself.

Gradually or maybe suddenly? (I'm not sure!) I felt better and felt more like myself.

Sometimes it is hard to feel good about ourself. That confidence alludes us at times. Work at getting in tune with yourself, spend time considering what you want out of life and don't worry about what the world sees in you. See yourself in all your glory. You are a special person, unique and no one can take your place.

Learn to value yourself.

P.S... I know it is hard. I struggle in different ways at being myself now all these 20+ years later. Remembering this memory does help me. Thank you posting.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 11-17-2019 at 08:37 AM..

Old 11-17-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post

That said, it was not until I was 25 or so that I felt comfortable being myself. At the time I lived in a little town in central WI. I distinctly remember sitting on my green couch, a scratchy green couch. It was not mine but parts of landlords furniture.

The reason I remember this memory is I had been feeling frustrated at myself and remembered how it was growing up in the town that I didn't like with kids I didn't fit with. But as I felt the feelings I realized that I had internalized the out-of-place feelings. I thought that those feelings were mine, not from outside myself.

Gradually or maybe suddenly? (I'm not sure!) I felt better and felt more like myself.

Just get in tune with yourself, spend time considering what you want out of life and don't worry about what the world sees in you. See yourself in all your glory. You are a special person, unique and no one can take your place.

Learn to value yourself.

P.S... I know it is hard. I struggle in different ways at being myself now all these 20+ years later. Remembering this memory does help me. Thank you posting.
Soceity values women. I am so unlucky to have been born male.

There was a 50 percent chance and I couldn't make it.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:27 AM

3,948 posts, read 2,571,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
Soceity values women. I am so unlucky to have been born male.

There was a 50 percent chance and I couldn't make it.
Society values men! They earn more money, they rule the politics. Women middle age (sometimes) become invisible. Not noticed because they may lose their young beauty or just because people and I mean MEN overlook them as they notice the young women.

It has all to do with your perspective and attitude. If you want to, find a counselor with whom you can talk about this and decide what you want to do about it.

Blessings to you.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Society values men! They earn more money, they rule the politics. Women middle age (sometimes) become invisible. Not noticed because they may lose their young beauty or just because people and I mean MEN overlook them as they notice the young women.

It has all to do with your perspective and attitude. If you want to, find a counselor with whom you can talk about this and decide what you want to do about it.

Blessings to you.
Female gender is the valuabe gender.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-17-2019 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:44 AM

13,620 posts, read 10,022,774 times
Some women are not so opposite, and neither are some men. There are a lot of grey areas, and not so well defined lines.

Be who you are, even if the times have turned against you.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:03 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
men have been neutered for 40 yrs in the media and culture...

women get all the breaks...from elementary school...most of the teachers were women that favored girls...….and later on...they 100% decide if they have a date....a guy is told no 1000 times to a womans 0 or 1

women with all their independence and equality still refuse to approach a guy to ask them out... (most) how much life would be easier if they did..

but overall im fine being a man.... ive seen multiple women have severe pms and look like the exorcist…. girl .... bile and all.....

Old 11-17-2019, 01:26 PM

9,354 posts, read 14,299,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Be who you are, even if the times have turned against you.
Quote:
I consider myself lucky to have been born a conscious, relatively healthy human being. Period.

Every moment is potential for joy, and quite enough of them are actually so joyous as to be overwhelming. In comparison, the desperate moments are few and meaningless as soon as forgotten, while the memory of joyful moments is lasting.

To the OP, change the attitude of your mind and overcome unhealthy obsessions over superfluous details such as gender with the joy of consciousness.

All the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology