Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 07:09 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,481,880 times

Advertisements

OP... maybe getting a pet dog could help you feel better. They always offer unconditional love and are nice to snuggle with. Certain breeds can also sense your mood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 08:08 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Me pretty much daily. I don’t know if I will ever feel okay.
I’m sorry to hear that. I don’t cry very often. Maybe if I’m watching a sad movie or something. This year, I cried when my cat died (but not nearly as much as I thought I would) and recently, I cried a bit when my dead grandparents’ house was listed for sale because I’ll miss the house. But other than that, I can’t really think of anything that made me cry.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:20 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
OP... maybe getting a pet dog could help you feel better. They always offer unconditional love and are nice to snuggle with. Certain breeds can also sense your mood.
Yes to a dog. Mine died and besides missing HER, I miss the walks and all that goes along with that.

Old 12-29-2019, 06:35 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
Quote:
Only when I see sad stories of abandoned animals getting a second chance. Then it's tears of joy, or when a soldier comes home to their children. To see those faces when they realize their Daddy, Mommy or both have come home, safe and sound, their world sings, rainbows everywhere...I'd hate to be a kid with a parent in the military and in a war...The fear would drive me insane.

Even typing this had some roll down my face...

Old 12-29-2019, 06:57 AM

11,443 posts, read 625,823 times
I cry constantly....... Nothing wrong with Crying.....

Old 12-29-2019, 09:13 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
How often do I cry? Huh. Sometimes it's been years, but I cried every day after I put Monsoon down for about a month. I still cry about it off an on. It's only been a little over two months since he left us. Five of my friends died over a 3 month period last summer and that's been rough. I cried a lot the summer of 2018 after I broke my arm and shattered my wrist. The rehab was a nightmare and so was the CRPS. Between the drugs (Hydrocodone, and Gabapentin) and the pain, I went through one horrible depression.

If you wait long enough life changes. I just had an awesome Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. There is a little 7 year old girl in my life that makes me happy. Sometimes you just have to look for ways to be happy. I hate feeling depressed or sad. Unfortunately, this decade of life brings a lot of loss, and replacing the loss can be near impossible. Pain is the flip side of joy. Which side of that coin stays up depends on what you choose to feed. I choose to be happy.

What makes you happy foxynoxy?

Old 12-29-2019, 03:53 PM

1,056 posts, read 725,806 times
I went for years without crying until July 2018, but a third failure to find a boyfriend (I had real reason to believe he'd be the one) changed that. Since then, I've fully cried every few months and reached the brink of it multiple times per average month.

I often feel stuck in the house in December and January because it's generally cold out during the day. I get bored more easily then. Although I do have friends, I can't sustain most friendships easily, and what few friends I can sustain are almost always busy. Even meeting new people, romantic or platonic, isn't easy here, and it's made more difficult by my age, not being in a major city (I'm close enough to Nashville and Murfreesboro but don't know where to look) as well as mom believing I shouldn't get contact info immediately (which rules out parks, pride events and the like; not that they ever worked well anyways).

I also feel terrible when mom's suffering from her dad's death, autoimmune disease or just fatigue. Not to mention I feel like I can't do much without her approval, even if it gets in the way of my happiness and is something most people would approve of. I feel similarly bad when the trees have no leaves or leaves that aren't green, as it makes them feel sick or dead and ruins the scenery.

BTW, I take about 80 milligrams of prescribed duloxetine (an antidepressant) per day, for some context.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:25 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
This isn't great advice under certain circumstances. If the OP suffers from depression, which it sounds like, the amount of work and care that goes into a dog is overwhelming. Or can be overwhelming.

They DON'T always offer unconditional love and the DON'T always want to cuddle. Dogs are individuals too.

Old 01-02-2020, 01:21 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
sorry to read you're feeling down.
Wish you weren't

I can cry daily if I want from watching (believe it or not) Americans or Britains got talent shows.
Just hearing some of the beautiful voices gives me such contentment knowing there's still some real good singers out there.
Also, if I watch any youtube dog rescues.
Normally I wouldn't cry.

A good pickmeup for me is watching some comedy..a good comedian to make me laugh.

Hope you find some peace in your life foxyknoxy

Old 01-02-2020, 02:31 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
I am sorry. That is no way to live. Why are you crying, what makes you sad? Is that a new development or has it going on for a while? What triggers it?

Life should be fun, I hope you are feeling better soon. Please look for help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology