Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2020, 02:52 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I am strong.

I am a woman.

At 21, I purchased my first condo as a single woman.

I capably supported myself on only my salary and traveled often. I didn't lack.

I am not ashamed to say that I "need" my husband. That's what happens when you've been married for almost 17 years.

I am not ashamed to say that it is no longer about me. We are a partnership, a union of two people. I brought a lot to the table, as did he. But together? Together we are raising two girls, who we will groom to be independent thinkers, self sufficient, and all around productive people with good morals and good hearts.

There is nothing wrong in saying that I need him in my life, his energy, his love. It took time for this to build, but it was (and still is) totally natural. We've been through so much together and have experienced so much together. He needs me in his life, and my energy, and my love. It is not one sided and the day it becomes that, we will part. both of us know that we have what it takes to make it without the other.... I can and will provide for my children regardless. I don't need to constantly tell him how strong I am either. It's understood. I don't have to prove a thing.

My wife is old, fat, and has sagging breasts...and I feel the same way about her that you feel about your husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 08:29 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
When a woman claims she's strong and independent it sends the message to men that "I will only text you when I need you other than that don't text me every hour."

Old 01-17-2020, 05:57 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
A strong independent woman? Otherwise known as a functioning adult?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-17-2020, 06:16 PM

8,667 posts, read 3,868,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Exactly - lol, that's my take.

Old 01-17-2020, 11:09 PM

9,876 posts, read 4,646,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

wuh-oh, You nailed it. LOL

Some holding a grudge or resentment against siw are not a fully functional adult. When side by side with an siw wether it be career success, financial worth etc most don't want that contrast because it highlights their flaws one being they are fully functional.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:45 AM

8,667 posts, read 3,868,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post

Some holding a grudge or resentment against siw are not a fully functional adult.
Most men (at least under a certain age who are out in the real world) don't hold 'grudges' or 'resentment' against what is being classified as 'SIW'. We know moms, friends, girlfriends, and colleagues who are strong and independent; it's an antiquated (and biased) concept, generally speaking, that men would be 'resentful' of this when really, in this day and age, it encompasses most women.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:06 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Most men (at least under a certain age who are out in the real world) don't hold 'grudges' or 'resentment' against what is being classified as 'SIW'. We know moms, friends, girlfriends, and colleagues who are strong and independent; it's an antiquated (and biased) concept, generally speaking, that men would be 'resentful' of this when really, in this day and age, it encompasses most women.

The problem is that when a woman makes a big deal about being "a strong, independent woman" it inevitably means more than that.

It's rather like forced bravado in a male: "Milady, methinks thou doth protest too much."

Old 01-18-2020, 10:13 AM

9,876 posts, read 4,646,105 times
Quote:

Most men. But I've seen guys lose relationships because they weren't 'the' shot caller or had control over the finances ie the women had/was worth more than them. They want 'yes' women, not decision makers, they're are people like that-you could take 'women' out of the equation but they want to be the alpha.

Should note the same guy has had no problem hanging out with much more successful men for decades but relationships with more successful women have lasted about a 1/2 decade tops

Old 01-18-2020, 10:15 AM

19,636 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
There are those like this woman who want to believe they are unique and it is not the case. They are the norm. Probably some self esteem issues there to make an issue of it.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:28 AM

5,194 posts, read 1,872,370 times
Just take a look at her instagram, says all you need to know. Very much blaming men for everything, perpetually angry, obese (probably in the HAES movement), very sad really. One flew over the cuckoo's nest comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology