Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 10:23 AM

3,613 posts, read 2,879,859 times

Advertisements

I am a total introvert. I just want to thank the tech world for making the world so good for introverts.
With the internet as awesome as it is and how you can see the world better than ever in 4 to 8k videos ,it has made me even less wanting to go out and see the world. Its there at your fingerprints and often in these 8k videos the images are sharper than real life. This has made me into a hermit, I still go out and get some exercise and do chores but after those are done I just go straight home.

Sum it up--- I fell the world looks better online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 11:36 AM

11,757 posts, read 11,962,674 times
You sound like a hermit or homebody.

I am an introvert but take every chance I have to travel. There are so many things I want to see, but yes, for places I know I don't want to go, or won't get to, photos, videos and Google Street view are great. Being there in person can't be replicated. The 360 view around you, the sounds, smells, all of that forms the travel experience. Sitting at home isn't the same.

Old 02-16-2020, 11:40 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,141,498 times
Wait till 5K arrives. Everything will be virtual

Old 02-16-2020, 11:54 AM

48,381 posts, read 34,511,198 times
I'm an introvert and have found the internet and tech makes my world much larger. I still travel and socialize and stuff, but it makes the time I need to "re-charge" better.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-16-2020, 12:12 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,774,173 times
Sheesh, I thought this was going to be a useful thread. I was wrong. Internet makes the world better for introverts? Meh, not really. Now if you said people outside in the real world were more engaging, then I'd buy it. Unfortunately, its not like that in the U.S., which is why I like to travel Internationally. I find people friendlier in other countries, depending on the country, of course. I'm guessing Ireland might be like that, as well as some Latin American countries, for example.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:18 PM

In general I find people to be very friendly in real life.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:28 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,005,601 times
I agree that having access to seeing the world online is very enjoyable.

I'm an introvert and also visually impaired, I miss being able to drive to scenic areas. I find that Bike-O-Vision is very interesting and even though the camera is on a bicycle, it's as though you're driving a car yourself.

This one is very scenic!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmVY6hiItWs

Old 02-16-2020, 12:40 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,313,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I am a total introvert. I just want to thank the tech world for making the world so good for introverts.
With the internet as awesome as it is and how you can see the world better than ever in 4 to 8k videos ,it has made me even less wanting to go out and see the world. Its there at your fingerprints and often in these 8k videos the images are sharper than real life. This has made me into a hermit, I still go out and get some exercise and do chores but after those are done I just go straight home.

Sum it up--- I fell the world looks better online.
I do believe the world has gotten better for introverts, but not for the reasons you talk about. I think people are a little more understanding of introverts than they were when I was a child.

But as to 4k and 8k videos, even for all of the issues that are occurring, I still like YouTube. I like being able to catch stuff online that I otherwise wouldn't have time for.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:41 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,313,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Wait till 5K arrives. Everything will be virtual
5K?

We already got 8k. That would be a step back.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
5K?

We already got 8k. That would be a step back.
I think he meant 5G.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology