Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 03:57 PM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Wanna make a bet? It's so funny how men tell themselves this.

Women are probably not as singularly visual as men are -- I, for example, wouldn't be attracted to a man who's not intelligent, no matter how good he looks -- but to say that women don't check out men's bodies with lust or at least appreciation is just patently wrong.

I think any women who say they never look at good-looking men in a sexual way are gay, asexual, or lying.
I'm not gay, asexual or lying, but I might be something like sapiosexual or freaking...whatever...I don't like or worry about labels. I look at beautiful humans but I don't think it is in "a sexual way." I don't look at them and imagine interacting sexually with them, I don't look at them and feel a sexual feeling. I look at them like I look at art, or a beautiful landscape or a tiger at the zoo. They are beautiful, and I've got eyes to see and I might enjoy seeing a beautiful person. But if the single most beautiful human being by my own standards came up to me out of the blue and offered sex, I'd say no if I did not know them. We'd have to talk for some hours before I'd feel comfortable enough. I've had such opportunities before and I was (and this makes me laugh, because compared to most normies I'm fairly libertine) the awkward and shy stick-in-the-mud at a friend's party that basically became an orgy. I was invited by some very pretty people to get in on the fun, but some of them I had never even spoken to, and that was enough to send me fleeing the room. I spent most of the time sitting outside smoking and looking at Facebook on my phone. It just was not a comfortable situation for me.

I actually bought a bikini last year, that I thought would fit more comfortably than most do. I liked how it was made, rather than triangles for the top, it had more like a sports bra shape but with a low plunge in the front and the sides lace up corset-style. The bottoms also had the lace-up thing on the sides. I tried it on, thought it looked OK in a mirror. So I wore it to a photo shoot activity that a friend was hosting (all of these parties and activities happen at a club I'm part of, it may be outside of most people's experience, but it's a thing)...and when I saw the pictures I realized that bikini did not flatter my body in the ways I thought it did. My chest looked flat and my belly looked flabby (though I'm not big, just not exactly toned.) I have not worn it since.

My not wearing it, isn't because I worry about other people commenting or thinking I'm unattractive. Couldn't care less what other people think. In fact I had other people see those photos and told me they were hot! No, it's because I judged it in MY OWN EYES as not being what I'd hoped for and expected of it.

Speaking to the room in general and men in particular... Trust me, no matter how critical other people can be of women's bodies in this way or that way, you're probably nowhere near as critical as any given woman is of herself. The culture beats us over the head with how we're never good enough. So a woman is either just shooting for comfort and looks be damned, or else she's fighting a fairly brave battle to persuade herself, to like her appearance. Either way, I'm all for it and I applaud it.

Old 02-28-2020, 05:28 PM

41 posts, read 23,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
" . . . why [do] men bath naked?"
Bathing naked allows easy access to all of the nooks and crannies that might otherwise be overlooked when wearing clothes. I believe it's one of the unspoken laws of physics: "A nook or cranny covered with clothes tends to stay covered with clothes even when the clothes get wet." It's just like the unspoken law of physics that says "a female body in a bikini tends to tan better than a female body in a one piece."

(Yes, I know: Tanning is not the only reason a woman would wear a bikini. And washing is not the only reason a man would be naked in a bath tub.)

OK, OK, the secret is out: The ^real^ reason that women wear bikinis is to maximize the absorption of vitamin D.

Old 02-28-2020, 05:40 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiToYou View Post

Yes, I know: Tanning is not the only reason a woman would wear a bikini.

Tanning isn't a reason IMO for most women that are under 30 or 35........because we know how bad the sun is for our skin & how it can age you. I know I'm never in a bikini without sunscreen......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology