Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 05:18 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Lately, I've gotten really resentful of the companies, where an employee gives you an receipt, and tells you to "Please answer the survey and let us know how we did."

Dang people! I just want to throw the receipt away! NOW I'm supposed to feel guilty and perhaps responsible for you job, if I don't answer the survey??!! BAH! LOL!
Try not to be mad at the salesperson, though. My fiance works in a place where he has to do this, it's the company pushing it. And anything short of a perfect survey can be grounds for punitive action, the surveys directly affect their promotions, raises, write-ups, and retention. Companies are really pressuring their people to push this...trust me, they would rather not, if they didn't have to. But most people do throw them away, that's much better than giving an imperfect review.

That's not even the worst of it. The company he works for... I mean it's a form of business retail of sorts, people just want to get in and out and 99.9% of them know what they are there for. And the company expects team members to memorize and repeat a handful of phrases to EACH customer, and to take all this time to really get to know them, forge a special ~bond~ with each customer, get to know what projects they might be working on, and try to up-sell them...

If I were standing in line, by the time I got to the counter, I'd be ready to rattle off, "I know your name, I don't want to discuss my project, I need exactly this, and no I don't care about your promotion this month, just take my money so I can leave. I've been waiting for an hour while you did a therapy session for five customers ahead of me. Just shshh!"

I think it's crazy... Even as an extrovert, when I am on my lunch trying to get an errand run or something, I do not have time to fool around, have no use for idle chitchat, and I'd find this hugely irritating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 07:17 AM

8,667 posts, read 3,871,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Lately, I've gotten really resentful of the companies, where an employee gives you an receipt, and tells you to "Please answer the survey and let us know how we did."

Dang people! I just want to throw the receipt away! NOW I'm supposed to feel guilty and perhaps responsible for you job, if I don't answer the survey??!! BAH! LOL!
Throw the survey away. No reason to get bent out of shape or feel manipulated/angry/guilty. Much ado about nothing, from my perspective.

Old 03-08-2020, 08:04 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
If you feel uncomfortable, that's a sign you are being manipulated.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:00 PM

8,667 posts, read 3,871,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If you feel uncomfortable, that's a sign you are being manipulated.
Actually, it's a sign you aren't being true to yourself. Nobody can 'manipulate us' to fill out a survey; we're responsible for our own decisions, responses and feelings.

If one doesn't want to fill out the survey (for whatever reason), then don't i.e. stay true to yourself. It's as simple as that.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:10 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
If you're watching TV or talking to someone you're being manipulated. There is a whole mindset that is transferred to each person in our society. There is right think and wrong think. The culture encourages right think and condemns wrong think. For example, our culture frowns upon religion or any idea that there is a God who rules over the world. Or take another, people who believe different races are in general superior in to others of other races is wrong think, not allowed. "Its racist"
Yet there is research that does indicate different levels of intelligence. So yes, you are always being manipulated to conform..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology