Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2023, 10:46 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times

Advertisements

Yes, yes, the old "I don't like you so you are mentally unwell because you won't shut up and go away" process. It's not rocket science! It's common sense!

I know you want very badly to imagine me all triggered and stressed, screaming at my keyboard, guy. Fantasize all you like, it doesn't make it so.

As I have said MANY TIMES all over these forums, I do in fact have what might be called "an agenda." Or as I often put it, "my own little hill to die on." (Metaphor, colloquialism, again, feel free to fantasize but there's no real hill and I am not literally dying any more than any other living being. Just gotta make that clear, given...well, how this tends to go.)

My agenda is to continually press the idea that everyone doesn't need to all be the same, the world contains a vast variety of people with varying mindsets and identities and desires and dreams and lifestyles and so on and so forth, and essentially that diversity - so long as no one is inflicting harmful behaviors upon others - is no threat to anybody's way of life. It's more than just "tolerance"...it is "acceptance." And this IS relevant to psychology because beliefs DO often influence behavior. (That is definitely not rocket science.)

There is simply no call to view one's neighbor who is different in some sort of a way as one's enemy, and hold a posture of readiness to engage in conflict and warfare with them. But it is a long road requiring a lot of pressure to get enough people in a society to even want to hold that belief.

I hold a belief that positive human evolution, improvement of quality of life for members of our species, derives from the diminishment of violence and suffering. Acceptance of difference is key to that process. That is my agenda. That's why I "pop off" all the time. It isn't a question of triggers or anger, not that I feel particularly accountable to you with regard to my own emotional state anyways.

So YEAH, if any given individual is capable of keeping their opinions to themselves and not bringing them into word or deed, into the realm of antisocial behavior, most certainly they can feel whatever they feel anywhere they please. In a box. With a fox. In a house with a mouse. Common sense would tell a reasonable person that digitalUID was not saying they may literally only feel this in their own physical residential dwelling unit, but rather that so long as the negative opinion is a contained in the privacy of one's own mind, and not brought forth to justify harmful words and acts against others, then whose business is it anyways?

And of course as any lawyer would know well enough, though it certainly isn't rocket science, the government does not impose law on anybody's thoughts or feelings or beliefs, but rather on actions and to a lesser degree and generally relative to it leading or potentially leading to action, speech.

You seem very unhappy to have your ideas challenged. Anyone may ignore you, but no one is required to do so. As you are free to have your opinions and judge as you please...so are others perfectly free to have opinions about your opinions and judge your judgments. Welcome to the internet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2023, 11:56 AM

8,658 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundestroyer View Post
Is there an evolutionary reason for this or is it just indoctrination? Is the masculinity of men seen as more fragile and thus they instinctively feel disgust.
You’re illogically assuming it’s a weak/fragile masculinity if one is steadfast in our (heterosexual) sexual orientation (which is naturally occurring in nature). To the contrary, I’d consider it a genetic strength to align, as there is evidence that sexual orientation has a biological foundation and genetic component, particularly relative to epigenetics.

Old 08-13-2023, 12:38 PM

867 posts, read 721,273 times
Same-sex sexual behavior is "naturally occurring" in many other species. I see nothing unnatural about it in our own.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...on-in-animals/

Old 08-13-2023, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Same-sex sexual behavior is "naturally occurring" in many other species. I see nothing unnatural about it in our own.
Point being, heterosexuality is naturally-occurring/necessary relative to our survival. Hence, how could it be considered a genetic weakness for our (heterosexual) sexual orientation to align with such? For that matter, per her post, what would it have to do with indoctrination as well.

Old 08-14-2023, 07:36 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
I believe bisexual men exist.
Anybody who has ever had Gay friends or relatives will tell you that there are more Bisexual Men than there are Gays.

They have dated more than enough of those "Closet" cases!

Old 08-14-2023, 07:50 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Anybody who has ever had Gay friends or relatives will tell you that there are more Bisexual Men than there are Gays.

Many experts will argue that humans are born bisexual and the resulting fragmenting of strictly heterosexual individuals is via relentless societal influences.

Old 08-14-2023, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Many experts will argue that humans are born bisexual and the resulting fragmenting of strictly heterosexual individuals is via relentless societal influences.
True but Men tend to focus their Sexuality based on their Masculinity whereas Women aren't so focused on Gender identity.

Old 08-14-2023, 02:37 PM

Quote:

Too funny. If you know they are bisexual (and you know folks who have dated them), how is it they are ‘closet cases’.

That said, relative to the thread (i.e. more men are repulsed by homosexuality than women, to which most agree), this is nonsensical. You’re essentially claiming the repulsion isn’t real while simultaneously condemning it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Who are your ‘experts’? It’s an overly simplistic way of claiming we can ultimately change/control our sexual orientation. As such, you’re also indirectly stating homosexuality is relative to relentless societal influences as well.

Old 08-15-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Too funny. If you know they are bisexual (and you know folks who have dated them), how is it they are ‘closet cases’.

That said, relative to the thread (i.e. more men are repulsed by homosexuality than women, to which most agree), this is nonsensical. You’re essentially claiming the repulsion isn’t real while simultaneously condemning it.
Who are your ‘experts’? It’s an overly simplistic way of claiming we can ultimately change/control our sexual orientation. As such, you’re also indirectly stating homosexuality is relative to relentless societal influences as well.
Well most Bisexual Men are not Open or "Out" about their Sexual Preferences.

Old 08-15-2023, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Well most Bisexual Men are not Open or "Out" about their Sexual Preferences.
Again, if they aren’t ‘out’, how do you know they’re bisexual? I assume you’re speaking to personal experience relative to the men in your circle (which is a biased sampling, obviously). It’s not something one would ‘assume’ sans any evidence to the contrary, particularly relative to men who are more repulsed than women by homosexuality, as a whole, per the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology