Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 04:33 PM

4,014 posts, read 1,868,654 times

Advertisements

The jew thing is a horrible comparison.

But I would say there's an equal yet opposite word for whoever the snitcher is snitching on: Criminal. Or we can go with "Rule Breaker" in this case.

There is no need to explain the action of the snitch - without an equal need to explain why the snitchEE couldn't just follow the rules. The two need each other - one doesn't exist without the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 04:47 PM

2,230 posts, read 2,400,166 times
They need to get a life and mind their own business.... they think that snitching will somehow make them feel important.

Old 05-10-2020, 04:53 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,846,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
They need to get a life and mind their own business.... they think that snitching will somehow make them feel important.
Yes. I don't think they are even trying to help by reporting the rule-breakers.

Old 05-10-2020, 06:47 PM

16,062 posts, read 21,106,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No, you're still not getting it. Those who rat out others because they're not following the laws OR rules or directives of the government are the same ones who ratted out the Jews. Good little soldiers following the party line.

Now you're changing the goal posts by bringing up reporting 'wrongdoings' - a vague and subjective word which has nothing to do with what I posted.
No, I get it. I simply don't agree. You are talking about people who were reported simply for 'being'.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:57 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,403,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
By reporting someone who doesn't follow the rules they are attempting to make themselves look good simply because they do follow the rules. Or they are frustrated that they are taking the time and effort to comply so why shouldn't all others.
Except the hypocritical thing is the snitch is likely breaking some other rule even if they are following the one they are reporting someone on.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:35 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,584,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
No, I get it. I simply don't agree. You are talking about people who were reported simply for 'being'.
No, I'm talking about people who feel they're doing their duty by reporting people based on what their leaders have told them.

These same people would report people simply for being, as well. It's what they do.

This is how things start to go south in countries if you look back at history.It starts with dividing people and then nurturing the notion that reporting your neighbor is the noble thing to do - no matter what the reason.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:44 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,866,356 times
If everyone snitches, we'll run out stitches and spaces in ditches.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 05-10-2020 at 09:58 PM..

Old 05-11-2020, 01:07 AM

10,885 posts, read 7,355,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What is the psychology behind these people?

I'm referring to those who would do things like report someone who violated social distancing laws, just as one example.
You mean upstanding citizens who report antisocial behavior, and are then derided by scofflaws?

Old 05-11-2020, 04:17 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,058,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
No doxxing laws in effect or they only gave names? Are they going to have to testify in court and would that be witness intimidation?

On the other hand haven't the police heard of an anonymous tip line?

These people are still going to be living in the same neighborhood after. This will give 'get off my lawn' new meaning.
It was anonymous until someone filed a court challenge under the sunshine law.
People have legal right to confront their accuser.

Accusing others of a crime is serious business, you can't do it the way you imagined.

Its not the same as a crime that has already been commited and police need tips.
Thats a completely different scenario.

Old 05-11-2020, 04:33 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,058,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
You mean upstanding citizens who report antisocial behavior, and are then derided by scofflaws?
They shouldn't worry about their upstanding reputations then when they are exposed.
Attached Thumbnails
Snitches-asnitch.jpeg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology