Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 03:51 PM

4 posts, read 4,330 times

Advertisements

One day my boyfriend told me I could hang out with a dude one day, and I did it. After I was done he said I shouldnt of did it. He made me constantly text him every 5mins and if texted 6mins later he wouldn't believe we were just friends. He criticized what i wore( which was a long crop top and shorts, what I would wear anyday), and how close I was to him( we were sitting on the couch not even touching). Why not just tell me i can't go hang out with him? I feel like he just wanted to use it against me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 03:53 PM

9,985 posts, read 5,689,285 times
If the relationship is worth the head games and the constant checking-in by text, stay in it. If it's not, get out of it.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
You went and hung out with him and your boyfriend came along?

Why is he telling you that you can go hang out with another guy? You're allowed to hang out with anyone you want - you don't need his permission.

He's immature and insecure. How old are each of you?

Old 05-01-2020, 03:59 PM

No my boyfriend didn't come along, I was even asking him if he was sure he wouldn't feel weird about it or use it against me. I'm 18 and he's 25.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunnie View Post
No my boyfriend didn't come along, I was even asking him if he was sure he wouldn't feel weird about it or use it against me. I'm 18 and he's 25.
How did your bf see how closely you two were sitting on the couch?

He's an immature 25. And he's controlling. Does he pout or skulk when he doesn't like something? Does he have a temper and do things beyond that?

Old 05-01-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
How did your bf see how closely you two were sitting on the couch?

He's an immature 25. And he's controlling. Does he pout or skulk when he doesn't like something? Does he have a temper and do things beyond that?
He was asking for pictures and stuff. If he doesnt like something he just gets angry and doesn't try to fix it. Like I'll get upset because he did soemthing stupid and then yell at me for getting upset for something he did. His temper is bad.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:13 PM

You're young and he's immature and a controlling hot-head. This is the kind of man who ends up hitting a woman.

This isn't a healthy relationship and he's toxic. Please get out of this mess. It's not a loving relationship.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:19 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,519,582 times
Relationships have no room if one is sucking the wind out of the other.

And all this cellphone crap is excessively controlling.

Either both of you are in the relationship or there's really no relationship.

Put the ole boy packing. Go find someone that's got some maturity about him--and I'm not talking about old.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're young and he's immature and a controlling hot-head. This is the kind of man who ends up hitting a woman.

This isn't a healthy relationship and he's toxic. Please get out of this mess. It's not a loving relationship.
I just feel stuck because I love him. It feels so hard to leave.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:26 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunnie View Post
He was asking for pictures and stuff. If he doesnt like something he just gets angry and doesn't try to fix it. Like I'll get upset because he did soemthing stupid and then yell at me for getting upset for something he did. His temper is bad.
You should have just put your phone away, and turned off the ringer. Honestly, I can't believe you actually complied with all his demands. Next time, have some dignity and self-respect, and just ignore him & put the phone away. If he pitches a fit, break up with him . Good grief!

So, could you explain to us why you're with this chump? Why do you put up with this? You don't have to, you know. You can walk away anytime. There's no time like the present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology