Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 12:58 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times

Advertisements

Or better yet act on your impulses just don't hurt anyone in the process.

Enjoy your sexuality. Don't fear it.

Old 07-06-2020, 05:37 AM

5,984 posts, read 3,456,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Why would a woman want to put a guy thought that rather than just give him a few Mod cut. a week?

What a dumb question.

Old 07-06-2020, 05:48 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Maybe the women's sex drive is too low? Look at all the side effects the drugs have. Why would a woman want to put a guy thought that rather than just give him a few Mod cut. a week?
You posted it! I'm just playing along...not endorsing, only pointing out the utility. Women have been advised on their low drives ad nauseum... This seemed like a refreshing alternative! You do what works for you!

Old 07-06-2020, 07:51 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
It’s called “masturbation”, hon.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:04 AM

972 posts, read 542,287 times
The article doesn't reference any sources that track this supposed increase in men using anaphrodisiacs. It doesn't interview any men who are taking an anaphrodisiac, and it assumes the use would be due to sexual frustration. Maybe these men want to lower their sex drive because it distracts them from other things they want to prioritize.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:21 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
For years I prayed for a lower libido.

At 56, they found I had aggressive prostate cancer, and I had it removed along with the 'nerve bundle'.

At 59 the cancer returned. I went onto chemical castration drugs and I went through 45 radiation treatments.

I am now 61, this Spring I came off of the chemical castration meds, my Testosterone is slowly returning. We don't know yet if my cancer is gone. The local cancer center sits empty and idle as the pandemic remains on center stage.

I can report that going through two years without any Testosterone was an interesting experience.

The hot flashes, night sweats, and mood swings were very annoying. In the middle of it, I was crying at everything.

I have put on a lot of weight, I have very little energy, and I have been experiencing Alzheimer's-like side effects [this is an anticipated side effect of the drugs].

On the other hand, I have always carried a lot of anger within me. Much of my effort as an adult has been spent on controlling my anger and when I 'rage' on others. But when my Testosterone disappeared so did all of my anger. For the past two years my anger has been completely gone.

I would recommend that all men who have anger issues, should be allowed to turn off their Testosterone for a year or two, just so they can experience what life is like without the anger.

As for my libido, mine is now on par with that of my wife. We fight a lot less now.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:14 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,322,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Better solution: just masturbate. Problem solved.
Agree. And there are so many other ways such as playing with a sex doll, poking into any slippery holes like putting vaseline on the rim of a bottle or whatever holes they can find. LOL.

Sigh... honestly, sometimes I think why "God" made men and women with penis and vagina, and they poop too many body beings to this world and create sooooo many problems. WTF, really. Why can't people keep their brain in their head instead of between their legs.

Maybe I'm not "normal", or I'm "different". LOL

Old 07-06-2020, 10:16 AM

645 posts, read 1,539,533 times
Quote:
It's like a bread and water diet- you won't die, but you won't be happy with it.
Hmmm, If it was the European sparkling water and bread I had while I lived in Europe, I'd say it's 99% doable with a near level of bliss... Add good French butter, and it's 100%... Better than sex... Well, close.

Old 07-06-2020, 11:16 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,424,435 times
Quote:
Maybe the women's sex drive is too low? Look at all the side effects the drugs have. Why would a woman want to put a guy thought that rather than just give him a few Mod cut. a week?
First, I only saw one side effect listed. If you are talking about the side effects of SSRI medications that it mentioned, that is different (although I only saw it mention the libido lowering effect of those medications).

Second, your solution seems to be for women to just acquiesce to whatever her partner's sex drive is. Why not make it the other way around? Maybe the woman is herself taking an SSRI for depression or other medication which lower sex drive. Also, after menopause, women have no biological need for sex, and our bodies naturally adapt to that. It can make sex unenjoyable and even painful. There are a million reasons why a woman may not have the same sex drive as her partner (and vice versa). But basically just dismissing those reasons and saying, "Just get over it and give in," is pretty gosh darn inconsiderate...and maybe part of the attitude contributing to why a woman wouldn't want to be intimate as much.

Old 07-06-2020, 11:28 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_F View Post
Hmmm, If it was the European sparkling water and bread I had while I lived in Europe, I'd say it's 99% doable with a near level of bliss... Add good French butter, and it's 100%... Better than sex... Well, close.
Yeah, IDK why butter in Western Europe is so much better than in the US, but I"m glad we can now get it at the grocery stores close to home.

Even better with cheese and cucumber, though, if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology