Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 02:26 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,278,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
HIPAA does not apply here in any way shape or form. And she did not diagnose him. Again, she speaks about it as if it’s common knowledge because it is. There’s been dozens of books written about him that talk about his narcissistic traits.

How is this different in your mind then the letter from the 350 psychiatrists that went to Congress expressing concern about his deteriorating mental health? Again, duty to warn superseded other ethical concerns.

Anyway the two psychologist professors explained why they don’t think she violated any ethics, if you want to go back and read that post feel free. You can also Google it and find the same information.

My point about Hitler was that there was enough data in the public sphere that warrants people being able to say he was a sociopath. And many argue that the same can be said of Trump regarding narcissism. And again, it has been spoken about for years. So she’s not divulging some secret that’s what people seem to keep implying that she divulged some sort of private information, but it’s not private it’s very public and it’s been very public for years and years.

Your post doesn't address the past two posts I made. You are repeating the same faulty arguments without addressing new information or data that have been presented.

I see why Vasily checked out, but I will stay to engage with anyone who can make an argument that actually addresses valid points re: ethics in the mental health profession.

Old 07-15-2020, 02:42 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Your post doesn't address the past two posts I made. You are repeating the same faulty arguments without addressing new information or data that have been presented.

I see why Vasily checked out, but I will stay to engage with anyone who can make an argument that actually addresses valid points re: ethics in the mental health profession.
You didn’t present any new information that I can see. Yes I’m presenting the same arguments because I believe they are accurate. I think people are stretching to try to make an ethics case here.

Old 07-15-2020, 03:19 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,301,161 times
The thread has outlasted its usefulness. The arguments are circular, someone brought up Hitler. I am invoking Goodwin's law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Old 07-15-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
The thread has outlasted its usefulness. The arguments are circular, someone brought up Hitler. I am invoking Goodwin's law.

I thought the same. I also think most people posting have a political bias.

Old 07-15-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:

Except I specifically said I wasn’t making a comparison between them. It was just the easiest example I could think of of being able to draw a conclusion on someone’s mental health even though they’ve never been formally assessed or diagnosed.

Old 07-15-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I thought the same. I also think most people posting have a political bias.
That’s a given since it’s about a politician and a polarizing one at that. My opinions would be the same though regardless who it was written about. To me it’s ludicrous to claim that simply having a psychology degree precludes her from what dozens of others have already done in writing about trump and his narcissism. She has just as much right to write about her family as anyone else.

Old 07-15-2020, 04:36 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,301,161 times
If you want to argue politics there is a forum for people that. This thread has run its course. The arguments aren't novel, its just the same one's with more invective.

Old 07-15-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
If you want to argue politics there is a forum for people that. This thread has run its course. The arguments aren't novel, its just the same one's with more invective.

^This. There have been maybe 3 or 4 posters who have actually addressed the OP, and who have some knowledge of ethics in the psychology field.

The rest are just giving political opinions and contributing nothing to a psychology discussion.

Old 07-15-2020, 05:16 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Except I specifically said I wasn’t making a comparison between them. It was just the easiest example I could think of of being able to draw a conclusion on someone’s mental health even though they’ve never been formally assessed or diagnosed.
...should have said Stalin, Mussolini, or Mao Tse Tung....

Old 07-15-2020, 05:21 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
You can have him in January as he'll be looking for work about then.
Funny. That is what everyone told me up until 11 pm on election night 2016. I guess I could hire him in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology