Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 09:25 PM

16,071 posts, read 21,144,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
My behavior was nowhere near as bad as hers... I don't know how you can say that. I have every right to look at the food I want to buy for as long as I need to.
What do you think I should have said? Should I have apologized after she was so rude? Not going to happen.. She needed to be told off. There's absolutely no excuse for coughing on someone, especially during these times...
When you're at home looking into your cupboard or refrigerator, sure. When you're in a store and other people need to shop also, maybe try being considerate? The coughing was inexcusable, but you told her to eff off before she coughed on you. You didn't need to tell her off, two wrongs don't make a right and all that jazz. And you're wondering what's wrong with people, good grief.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:29 PM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
You escalated the situation, knowingly and deliberately. What did you expect would happen, did you really think she'd back down, apologize maybe?
^^^ This! I think OP was rude, inconsiderate and at the end quite vulgar. Nothing to brag about.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:29 PM

15,432 posts, read 7,487,193 times
I would have told her that if she coughs on me again, I am going to beat her senseless for assaulting me. She was rude, no doubt, and you were a touch oppositional, but not excessively so, especially if there wasn't enough room for two people to look at the shelf. Now, if she knew what she wanted, and said "excuse me, can I grab that item" I would let her get it, but if she hasn't made up her mind, she can wait.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:31 PM

303 posts, read 128,381 times
Quote:
You escalated the situation, knowingly and deliberately. What did you expect would happen, did you really think she'd back down, apologize maybe?
Probably didn't expect to be deliberately coughed on.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:32 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,404,546 times
Quote:
When you're at home looking into your cupboard or refrigerator, sure. When you're in a store and other people need to shop also, maybe try being considerate? The coughing was inexcusable, but you told her to eff off before she coughed on you. You didn't need to tell her off, two wrongs don't make a right and all that jazz. And you're wondering what's wrong with people, good grief.
I don't know what you think I should have told her? She was nasty and I wasn't going to let her bully me... I'm not going to be a pushover.... The cashier even agreed that her behavior was unacceptable and apologized.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ This! I think OP was rude, inconsiderate and at the end quite vulgar. Nothing to brag about.
I wasn't rude.. I have the right to look at groceries for as long as I want. If she wanted to get something, she could have stood right next to me... I wouldn't have cared. People like her need to be told off.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_of_Hull View Post
Probably didn't expect to be deliberately coughed on.
Yeah, that was completely unacceptable....especially during these times.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I would have told her that if she coughs on me again, I am going to beat her senseless for assaulting me. She was rude, no doubt, and you were a touch oppositional, but not excessively so, especially if there wasn't enough room for two people to look at the shelf. Now, if she knew what she wanted, and said "excuse me, can I grab that item" I would let her get it, but if she hasn't made up her mind, she can wait.
I actually never act like that in public... It's the first time I told a stranger to Mod cut..... I was just so angry and tired of all this craziness these past few months...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-13-2020 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 07-12-2020, 01:29 AM

5,483 posts, read 3,923,585 times
I think it's ironic that she was worried about you spreading germs by touching things but was then able to cough on you, which suggests to me that she wasn't wearing a mask (or did she deliberately lift the mask that she was wearing to cough on you)? If she was maskless, well, this reminds me of my favorite story from the pandemic so far...I was taking a walk through a near-empty park in Buffalo with a friend on a cold, rainy April afternoon, when a maskless woman passed us, covered her face with her jacket, then chastised my friend and I for not wearing masks. I was stunned into silence, although had I said anything, 'f off' is pretty similar to what I would've elected to go with

Old 07-12-2020, 01:59 AM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I wasn't rude.. I have the right to look at groceries for as long as I want. If she wanted to get something, she could have stood right next to me... I wouldn't have cared. People like her need to be told off.
You could have made your point without being nasty and childish. A level silent stare and no F-bomb. Heaven forbid you step up and be the better person. Your reply was rude and a deliberate provocation. Neither one of you behaved in a reasonable manner. Sorry OP you won't get any sort of pass from me either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology