Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 06:27 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Well, I don't know what you want me to tell you. She was trying to bully me and I wasn't having it... I really don't care that you think I acted bizarrely.
I think you just dont like that some are disagreeing with your behavior as well as the other customer's.

You said you were taking awhile to decide in a SMALL corner grocery store.

Nonetheless, you told her, right?

Old 07-12-2020, 06:39 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,404,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I think you just dont like that some are disagreeing with your behavior as well as the other customer's.

You said you were taking awhile to decide in a SMALL corner grocery store.

Nonetheless, you told her, right?
So what if I was? I have the right to be there for as long as I want. I wasn't breaking any rules... All of this COVID nonsense has been going on for months and many of us are tired of it... I can't believe people are trying to tell others how long they're allowed to be at grocery stores..

Old 07-12-2020, 07:08 PM

7,103 posts, read 4,531,425 times
During the stress of this virus, people losing their lives and jobs it costs nothing to just be nice.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:11 PM

3,957 posts, read 2,573,099 times
Quote:
I usually don't react this way... I usually just ignore it and move on... But she just pissed me off so bad that I had to say something. If I would have just said, "OK" and walked away, she would have won and did that to another person. Some people need to be put in their place.
You say that you usually don't react this way. So, it's okay for you to suddenly act rude but not for her? How do you know what's happened in her life that caused her to act like she did? But you give no allowances for her, only you.

You think you can stop her from being rude to someone else by your rude ehavior? Really?

Last edited by Wild Flower; 07-12-2020 at 07:19 PM..

Old 07-12-2020, 07:38 PM

3,957 posts, read 2,573,099 times
PS...

We have two ways (well more actually of course) to look at this. We can look at people and realize they're a fellow human being. Ignore their rude behavior and work towards being kind to each other (I know that's a big challenge sometimes).

Or you can look at them as if they're out to get you because they're being rude or acting contrary to how you think you should be treated. You can get angry (the anger resonate in your body more than theirs!) and give it right back them in the name of getting even!

You have no control and I mean NO control over what other people do. But you have control over how you going to respond to your fellow human beings.

Keeping your equilibrium is more important than squashing their rudeness. Someone already mentioned it - kill them with kindness. They'll wonder what hit them.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:01 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,881,563 times
Quote:
So what if I was? I have the right to be there for as long as I want. I wasn't breaking any rules... All of this COVID nonsense has been going on for months and many of us are tired of it... I can't believe people are trying to tell others how long they're allowed to be at grocery stores..
With this response you've effectively crossed the line to boorishness.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
PS...

We have two ways (well more actually of course) to look at this. We can look at people and realize they're a fellow human being. Ignore their rude behavior and work towards being kind to each other (I know that's a big challenge sometimes).

Or you can look at them as if they're out to get you because they're being rude or acting contrary to how you think you should be treated. You can get angry (the anger resonate in your body more than theirs!) and give it right back them in the name of getting even!

You have no control and I mean NO control over what other people do. But you have control over how you going to respond to your fellow human beings.

Keeping your equilibrium is more important than squashing their rudeness. Someone already mentioned it - kill them with kindness. They'll wonder what hit them.
Well, then you'd be better than me... I don't have it in me to kill someone with kindness when they're being an [Bleep].

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-13-2020 at 04:59 PM..

Old 07-12-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
During the stress of this virus, people losing their lives and jobs it costs nothing to just be nice.
Right, but I'm not being nice to someone who was a complete [Bleep] from the beginning.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-13-2020 at 04:58 PM..

Old 07-12-2020, 08:21 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva

What the hell is wrong with people?! I went to my small corner grocery store about an hour ago to get dinner and was taking a while to decide what I wanted. Some lady was standing behind me...huffing and puffing. She told me to stop touching everything and spreading my germs and hurry up. I told her that I had every right to be there and would take as long as I need. She kept harassing me and I told her to [Bleep]. Then she started to cough on me!! People are seriously getting more nuts with this virus...

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
OP, you have my sincere sympathies that you got involved in such an unpleasant confrontation. However, as you have noted above, many people are becoming increasingly more and more anxious because of the virus and yes, some are so anxious they are getting seriously nuts about it.

Because you don't know who is just being cranky and who is being a bona fide nut or worse, nor who may lose their grip on sane restraint and might attack you and cause more serious physical injury to you than just coughing on you ..... I'd suggest that the next time some stranger confronts you like that out of the blue you'd be wiser to make an effort to keep your cool, let it slide and don't exacerbate what has the potential of turning into a terribly grievous injury to you.

As my own province's very much admired provincial health director Dr. Bonnie Henry would say with her trademark phrase that has made an impression on my country:

'This is our time to be kind, to be calm, and to be safe'.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-13-2020 at 04:59 PM..

Old 07-12-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
OP, you have my sincere sympathies that you got involved in such an unpleasant confrontation. However, as you have noted above, many people are becoming increasingly more and more anxious because of the virus and yes, some are so anxious they are getting seriously nuts about it.

Because you don't know who is just being cranky and who is being a bona fide nut or worse, nor who may lose their grip on sane restraint and might attack you and cause more serious physical injury to you than just coughing on you ..... I'd suggest that the next time some stranger confronts you like that out of the blue you'd be wiser to make an effort to keep your cool, let it slide and don't exacerbate what has the potential of turning into a terribly grievous injury to you.

As my own province's very much admired provincial health director Dr. Bonnie Henry would say with her trademark phrase that has made an impression on my country:

'This is our time to be kind, to be calm, and to be safe'.

Thanks... Yeah, it's scary how nuts people are being... If someone tries to harass me for looking at food too long again and gets confrontational, I'll just say I'll call the police.. that should get them to back off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology