Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 08:56 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I didn't escalate the situation... I stood up for myself... Was I supposed to let her bully me and do what she wanted? Was the an excuse for her to cough on me? That's harassment.
One can intelligently diffuse/resolve the situation while still speaking up for one's self whereas becoming verbally aggressive and angry only escalates the situation; sooner or later, you're going to become a victim of your own anger and obsession/fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
You escalated the situation, knowingly and deliberately. What did you expect would happen, did you really think she'd back down, apologize maybe?
Exactly.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:03 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Thanks... Yeah, it's scary how nuts people are being... If someone tries to harass me for looking at food too long again and gets confrontational, I'll just say I'll call the police.. that should get them to back off.
I don't think you understood my point I was trying to make. If somebody who's harassing you is a flaming nutcase who's lost their sensibility and is going off the deep end, what makes you assume that threatening them with calling the authorities should get them to back off instead of being provoked into responding to your threat by attacking you and beating you to a bloody pulp or worse before your fingers have a chance to even touch your cell phone?

Old 07-12-2020, 09:16 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Well, no I just wasn't apologizing to her after she was so rude.... people like her need to be put in their place. She was yelling at me and just wouldn't shut up... I snapped. I've never told a stranger to F off before, but all of these COVID idiots are just wearing me down...
She wasn’t rude. From your statement she simply cleared her throat and fussed. She was probably trying to get your attention without seeming aggressive. I’ve had people do that where they clear their throat or kind of go hmmmhhmm.
Anyway regardless you are trying to make yourself seem like you are the innocent one and had no fault here.

Look man it’s simple.....everyone is stressed out, would tight and high strung. There is enough crap happening just with C19 much less the racism, discrimination, rioting protests etc.

Ultimately you could of just as easily backed off and diffused the whole situation by moving instead of taking it’s my right to be here and cussing her out. Anyway you heard my argument. You can do as you please. Maybe next time you’ll just back off and move. It’s really not worth the stress and the commotion caused. Even if you are “right”. It’s kind of like driving.... there are plenty of times when I have the right away when I’m driving and I let the lunatic driver go by cause I dont wanna wreck.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:27 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,404,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
She wasn’t rude. From your statement she simply cleared her throat and fussed. She was probably trying to get your attention without seeming aggressive. I’ve had people do that where they clear their throat or kind of go hmmmhhmm.
Anyway regardless you are trying to make yourself seem like you are the innocent one and had no fault here.

Look man it’s simple.....everyone is stressed out, would tight and high strung. There is enough crap happening just with C19 much less the racism, discrimination, rioting protests etc.

Ultimately you could of just as easily backed off and diffused the whole situation by moving instead of taking it’s my right to be here and cussing her out. Anyway you heard my argument. You can do as you please. Maybe next time you’ll just back off and move. It’s really not worth the stress and the commotion caused. Even if you are “right”. It’s kind of like driving.... there are plenty of times when I have the right away when I’m driving and I let the lunatic driver go by cause I dont wanna wreck.
Are you kidding? Did you even read what I wrote? She was absolutely rude... she wasn't just clearing her throat... she was deliberately coughing on me... She told me that she was just keep standing there and coughing on me. I don't know how you possibly can't understand that.

I am the innocent one and you're not going to convince me otherwise,

Old 07-12-2020, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I don't think you understood my point I was trying to make. If somebody who's harassing you is a flaming nutcase who's lost their sensibility and is going off the deep end, what makes you assume that threatening them with calling the authorities should get them to back off instead of being provoked into responding to your threat by attacking you and beating you to a bloody pulp or worse before your fingers have a chance to even touch your cell phone?

Then, I guess I should start carrying pepper spray in my purse considering the crazy city I live in...

Old 07-12-2020, 09:37 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:

You were only an innocent victim up until the point where you opened your own mouth and responded to her aggressively the way you did. You wanted to put her in her place, as you said above.

In a time of very great stress for all of society, you have no sense of personal safety, do you?

Old 07-12-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
You were only an innocent victim up until the point where you opened your own mouth and responded to her aggressively the way you did. You wanted to put her in her place, as you said above.

In a time of very great stress for all of society, you have no sense of personal safety, do you?

Well, she definitely needed it. I don't know why that's so difficult for everyone to understand. Some people are nasty individuals and deserve to be told to go [Bleep] themselves. And I'm an innocent victim because she's the one who coughed on me on purpose.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-13-2020 at 04:19 PM..

Old 07-12-2020, 10:02 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? Did you even read what I wrote? She was absolutely rude... she wasn't just clearing her throat... she was deliberately coughing on me... She told me that she was just keep standing there and coughing on me. I don't know how you possibly can't understand that.

Keep thinking that. In your world it’s true. In the real world....not so much.

AND.....ARE YOU KIDDING. YEAH .....actually I did read what you wrote

THIS IS WHAT YOU WROTE in case you forgot your narrative of the altercation.

Quote:
What the hell is wrong with people?! I went to my small corner grocery store about an hour ago to get dinner and

was taking a while to decide what I wanted.

Some lady was standing behind me...huffing and puffing. She told me to stop touching everything and spreading my germs and hurry up.

I told her that I had every right to be there and would take as long as I need. She kept harassing me and I told her to [Snip.] off.

Then she started to cough on me!!

People are seriously getting more nuts with this virus...

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
People are getting nuts with this virus? Have you looked in the mirror?

I’m not trying to convince you of anything. I’m gonna sleep just fine at night. You’re so wrapped up in being right and innocent you forgot what you wrote. But you ahead and keep thinking you’re innocent and right. Because you’re the only one who thinks that. To me you sound like a complete typical entitled big baby.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-13-2020 at 04:18 PM..

Old 07-12-2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Keep thinking that. In your world it’s true. In the real world....not so much.

AND.....ARE YOU KIDDING. YEAH .....actually I did read what you wrote

THIS IS WHAT YOU WROTE in case you forgot your narrative of the altercation.

People are getting nuts with this virus? Have you looked in the mirror?

I’m not trying to convince you of anything. I’m gonna sleep just fine at night. You’re so wrapped up in being right and innocent you forgot what you wrote. But you ahead and keep thinking you’re innocent and right. Because you’re the only one who thinks that. To me you sound like a complete typical entitled big baby.
She wasn't just huffing and puffing... she was yelling at me to stop touching everything and to hurry up... She was getting loud and aggressive and I snapped back.

And no, I'm not the only one who thinks I'm right.. I've had multiple posters and friends agree that I did nothing wrong. But you keep thinking what you want about me... I really don't give a damn.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
I was wearing a mask...
Good.

People be crazy. Apparently I took too long in the meat dept the other day at the grocery, and as I walked away, I heard this woman I didn't even know was standing behind me mutter, "[Bleep]..."

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-13-2020 at 05:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology