Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Often Do You Laugh Out Loud
I laugh freely and easily daily 47 54.65%
I laugh a few times a week 18 20.93%
I laugh a few times a month 10 11.63%
I laugh a few times a year 5 5.81%
I rarely, if ever, laugh 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 07:18 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have seen that one, too, and now I just laughed out loud remembering it.
I looked for a T shirt with this on it! (Didn't find one.)

I am a T shirt fanatic. Some of mine say the following:

(picture of a possum on it) "Let's eat trash and get hit by a car."

(picture of a complex math equation) "What is it about _____ that you don't understand?"

"Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting."

(picture of UK Union Jack flag - I wear this one every 4th of July) "Happy Treason Day, Ungrateful Colonists."

I really want the cat one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2020, 11:24 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I looked for a T shirt with this on it! (Didn't find one.)

I am a T shirt fanatic. Some of mine say the following:

(picture of a possum on it) "Let's eat trash and get hit by a car."

(picture of a complex math equation) "What is it about _____ that you don't understand?"

(picture of UK Union Jack flag - I wear this one every 4th of July) "Happy Treason Day, Ungrateful Colonists."

I really want the cat one.
My brother has the classic T-shirt for our state:

"Welcome to New Jersey, where the weak are killed and eaten."

I have to get myself one of those one of these days.

I like the possum one!

I think I want this one, too.

https://www.snorgtees.com/i-found-th...=5&76=80&493=8

Old 08-15-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
LOL I love that one!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2020, 06:35 PM

793 posts, read 331,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yesterday I happened upon a remix of that WAP song with Ben Shapiro's pearl clutching reading of the lyrics superimposed on it, and it kept popping into my head and making me giggle out loud.

I won't include a link though, it's adult content stuff. Very NSFW. But I laughed so hard I cried the first time I heard it.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
OMG yes!!!! I laughed my a*s off at that! Ben is hilarious in his own right and I frequently laugh listening to him. Matt Walsh is another one I'm sure you know about. His sarcasm is priceless!

Old 08-16-2020, 06:36 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
An old saying popped into my mind that hits home: "Sometimes ya gotta laugh to keep from crying."

Old 08-16-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
An old saying popped into my mind that hits home: "Sometimes ya gotta laugh to keep from crying."
I totally agree with this!

The past five years have been very difficult for my husband and me emotionally. And just when we thought "OK, well 2020 has got to be better!" IT WASN'T.

Our challenge has been to keep from allowing all this tragedy and stress to fundamentally change who we are. I'm glad to say that our senses of humor have remained intact - but I have to admit that I'm more cynical than I used to be and I don't really like that change. Oh well.

Old 08-17-2020, 03:49 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,216,957 times
I laugh out loud all the time and it can be quite embarrassing because I will snort laugh in a hot minute.
I have a close friend that does the same thing and we can both be quite entertaining when we find something funny at the same time. (There was a church youth choir moment that will forever be ingrained in my memory )

Old 08-17-2020, 05:09 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
I laugh a lot but don’t find most jokes particularly funny. I laugh at things I read on CD and all sorts of witty things people say, also, at times a little bathroom humor cracks me up.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:11 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet*Tea View Post
I laugh out loud all the time and it can be quite embarrassing because I will snort laugh in a hot minute.
I have a close friend that does the same thing and we can both be quite entertaining when we find something funny at the same time. (There was a church youth choir moment that will forever be ingrained in my memory )
Haha, yes, I have had some youth choir moments too.

Old 08-19-2020, 09:25 AM

22,192 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
i laughed out loud at work, on that one.

this happened recently and i think it is funny. not in a mean way, just in an aren't-people's-quirks-funny way.
a new acquaintance and i went out for the day driving and hiking in an area new to both of us with woods and lake and taking photos. we stayed out longer than planned and he wanted to stop on the way back to get a snack. we found a grocery store that was open, most were closed after 8pm this was during peak of Covid closings. I grabbed a couple things, and carried them up to the register. He had two items also, a single banana and a single serving juice. He had these two items in a large shopping cart that he was pushing. "Do you need to get other things?" I asked him, seeing the large cart. He said no, just this. He drank the juice while he was in line, we paid for our two items each, and walked to the car.

He tossed the empty juice bottle into the recycle container at the register. And we proceeded to walk to the car. He pushed the large full size shopping cart, which contained in it one (yes one) banana.

I thought this was hilarious. One might wonder, well, is he frail and the cart helps him balance, and this saves face for him rather than pushing a walker. But this guy is a strapping 6'2" fellow active hiking and canoeing, we had just spent the day together doing that.

This makes me smile pushing a cart with one banana all the way out to the car in the parking lot. And then pushing it over to the cart collection area too.

as a friend used to say, her quirks make perfect sense, it is other people's quirks that are strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology