Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 04:48 PM

9,858 posts, read 7,729,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Yes, oneness with Nature does it for me.

A day of shopping would be a day in hell for me, lol.
Oh, amen, sister! LOL! I'll take the mountains, the beach, anywhere it's sunny and warm and I'm outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2021, 05:52 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,022,441 times
My perfect day has a few key elements.

1) must get up early, and enjoy a quiet coffee and paper as the sun rises, and the world is quiet(er)
2) late spring/early fall ideal, but any time works
3) i like blowing out some errands before 11am and then enjoy kind of a "2nd breakfast" at some local coffee shop or diner
4) some fun event all afternoon, like a hike, beach, city exploration
5) quiet drink and cigar with a friend or wife or both as sun goes down

Last edited by KemBro71; 05-02-2021 at 06:00 PM..

Old 05-02-2021, 05:56 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,926,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Here's some ideas of what to possibly mention:

- weather/temp
- season/time of year - I love fall/winter & Christmastime
- certain holiday time
- foods involved
- activities
- people you're with or not
Love this--don't have much time though so I'll have to be quick:

I'd be by myself, it's early November. I'm on vacation in North West Georgia, staying in a secluded cabin surrounded by pine trees. I wake up about 330am, it's raining outside. Get breakfast, coffee, read. The rain lightens and I go for a hike about 900am or so (it's low 60s out and cloudy and not real windy at the moment). I go for a hike on the Chickamauga battlefield, find some really neat off the road sites (like the site of a home that was present there at the time of the battle). I start heading back to the cabin about say 1130 or 12 or so. Off in the distance there's dark clouds and the wind picks up. I stop at the grocery store for a pre-cooked meal that needs to be heated up.

Back at the cabin, it starts to rain and by the time I get inside around 1pm it's pouring rain and thundering (and getting very windy). I eat lunch and read some, enjoying the thunderstorm. It lasts a long time, the rain howls outside, it gets cooler (low 50s maybe high 40s). I put on a small fire and start to work on my research (transcribing letters of D.H. Hill). At about 330pm I have inspiration for a scene in my book I'm writing and I'm at it till 730 or so. I stop for dinner and head off for bed about 830 or 9. Pray and read and fall asleep to the sound of the rain.

That would be the perfect day!

Old 05-03-2021, 12:34 AM

3 posts, read 4,890 times
I wake up in a tiny house by the sea, I write out my dreams from last night and have a bowl of blackberries,raspberries,blueberries and yogurt. I paint all day mythical women on big canvas, whilst listening to folk and world music I love. At night I read the poetry of rumi and drink cinnamon tea.

Thanks for this question it brightened my mood.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-03-2021 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: Advertising.

Old 05-09-2021, 07:34 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,492,842 times
I had some great rides on my bike when I was younger and healthier. I didn't have internet then, so I looked for dirt roads on a county map.

Old 05-12-2021, 10:17 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,382 times
My perfect day. Let's see...

I wake up on a beautiful fluffy bed with gossamer curtains at each corner of the big four poster. There is a breeze blowing in from opened windows, again with gossamer curtains willowing from them...i look out to see white sand, greenery all round, along with beautiful fragrant tropical flowers and see (and hear) beautiful blue/green clear ocean waves. I look the other way and see the man I have loved for more than 30 years just waking up next to me. His green eyes get crinkly as he smiles at me and says "Good morning sweetheart"... I smell freshly brewed strong coffee waiting for us on a table near the bed; at my feet my fur babies are curled up on cushions beside the bed, and they are just beginning to wake too.
We eat a magically prepared breakfast of fruit, avocado and fresh croissants, creamery butter and fresh strawberry jam, scrambled eggs with onions and cheese...and more delicious coffee.
We shower in our big rain shower, and leisurely get dressed in the lightest of white cotton garments, and step outside to the veranda to take in the warmth of the early morning, and the warm winds blowing through our room, and watch our dogs running and playing in the sand ...
We enjoy each other's company, and discuss our options for the day. We decide to bike into the small town nearby, and look around at the shops for antiques or collectibles that catch our eyes.
After several hours of enjoying that, we opt to have lunch in one of the village's quaint cafes, and feast on fresh grilled local fish and vegetables, fruit and a local wine with fresh iced water and limes.
We bike back to our home, where we slowly, languidly make love and then fade out in a nap.
When we awake again, we go out to the ocean for a swim, au naturale (sans any clothes), and spend an hour or two just enjoying each other and the water.
We come back in, where there is another pot of strong coffee waiting for us, this time with fresh cream and cinnamon waiting for us to add to the brew.
We then decide to get dressed up and go out for the evening to a favorite club where the music is soft and jazzy, the wine is aged and delicious, and enjoy the local appetizers served with the wine and the company of dear and old friends.
We return later in the evening, spend a few minutes again on the veranda, discussing our day, and then begin our preparations for a restful night's sleep. We fall asleep in each other's arms, thanking God for our blessings and another perfect day.

Old 04-27-2022, 06:01 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times
It's almost a year later since the last post here...just about May 2022.

What's everyone's idea of their perfect day these days? Mine is/are pretty simple still.

Old 04-28-2022, 08:06 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
My kids come for a visit. Next to a perfect day? My kids call me.

Old 04-28-2022, 08:19 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Ahhhhh, a perfect day for me would be a day of exploring, with good weather that is a bit crisp around the edges. Throw in some historical sites and a museum and I am a happy camper! I love toodling around some ruins anywhere really, then having tea somewhere, or fish and chips or lobster rolls or something like that, preferably outdoors with a good view of an ocean somewhere. I love wearing just a sweater and a scarf, jeans, and hiking boots. Ideally my other stuff fits in either a cross body bag or just my pockets - depends on whether it's an urban or rural setting. I'd love to be with my late husband but I'm also happy to do this all by myself or with one of my grown kids and my teenaged grandkids. Flexible! After wandering around villages and ruins and having a lunch outside somewhere, I would love to do some museums or tour some historical homes. Maybe some outdoor markets. Then home and I want to sit outside on my patio or on the balcony of a hotel and share a bottle of wine with someone. I could be talked into a S'More or something around a campfire or fire pit! Finally off to bed. Great day! Perfect day. Throw in a walk along a beach somewhere and wow, I'm a happy camper!

Old 04-29-2022, 11:51 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Perfect day that will never happen:

Scenario 1:
Waking up with bf and a ton of dogs in a nice cabin at a tropical beach/island where no one else is.
Sunshine all day, 85f. Running around with the dogs at the abandoned beach, playing, while getting drunk with bf, eating tons of food that miraculously shows up.
Then when the dogs are tired we get on our dirt bikes and ride around dirt trails on our island.

Scenario 2:
a day at the racetrack, driving sports cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
As they say, "never say never"! I don't know if you'd ever buy a cabin, but you could certainly rent one sometime & have that scenario...although are there usually cabins near beaches?

D
Well, I did the racetrack thing a few times. It is $$$$$$$ but so much fun. Since I posted that post above, I bought a corvette and made the canyons in Malibu my racetrack. I nearly fell off the road a few times but I have a lot of fun.

Scenario 1 is unlikely to happen because I cannot bring dogs to a tropical island. And I haven't kept a man long enough in 5 years to go on a vacation with. My dog is very old and I cannot leave her alone more than a few hours. But I rather stay every minute of her life with her than going on a vacation.

So I do have a lot of perfect days recently. I am very happy. I have a beautiful young lover that gives me everything and more in attention and love. We both have sports cars and race each other. We are either in bed or racing. Mostly in bed though.
We wake up with our dogs. I work from home. He lives 2 hours away and is 12 years younger, so I am thinking there is a time stamp on this relationship. He will either replace me with someone younger or gets tired of the distance.
I enjoy it while it lasts until he breaks my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology